Breaking Dawn *Spoiler*

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Melindabear2002
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Breaking Dawn *Spoiler*

Post by Melindabear2002 »

I was just wondering what people thought about making Breaking Dawn into a movie. They are actually suppose to be making all four books into a movie. And I thought they did a really good job with Twilight, not as good as the book, but few are. However Breaking Dawn has a lot of things in it that made me not really like it. It kinda took some weird turns and went in some directions that seemed really out of place, little too graphic, and far as some things. Any idea if you think that they could turn it into a movie that would fit well with the others. I know that a lot of parents may not be happy if they had a young girl and actually realized what was in the book. Do you think that they could make the movie fit with the other movies (if they do those well), and still make it what you would call "friendly" for people of various ages. To me the fourth book was okay but nothing special not like the first and third ones. But I think that some of it went a little overboard with it being a book written mainly for teenage girls to read. In anyone else's opinion do you think that they can make it into a movie, and stay true to the story line, while still making it something that is suitable for various people to see? I think that they may actually be able to if they tone down the whole time with her being pregnant, some of that just seems like maybe it would take away from the other films, and the story (that's how I felt while reading it). Keep that whole story line in of course, but just not show so much detail as she described, I think that she actually drug it out too much. I was just wondering what other people thought.
My Autograph Collection, (If you want to ask how I got any graph please feel free to email me)
Ejm1059
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Breaking Dawn *Spoiler*

Post by Ejm1059 »

I hated Breaking Dawn so I guess that would be a big fat "No" for me :lol: I think there is just too much stuff going on and not enough climatic points to keep the audience attention. And your right about some parts not being suitable for younger fans.

Summit has purchased the rights for all 4 books but it dosen't mean that they will make BD into a movie. I think their best bet is kinda of merging Eclipse and BD with just the wedding and Bella turning into a vampire. I believe they can still stay true to the books :)
Successes: (Minus SFM) Nathan Lane (IP), David Hyde Pierce (IP), Norbert Leo Butz (IP), Jonathan Pryce (IP) Shia LaBeouf (A), Victoria Beckham (A), Orlando Bloom (PP) Judi Dench (A),Daniel Radcliffe (A), Norbert Leo Butz (A), Kristen Chenoweth (A), Zac Efron (PP), Will Ferrell (A),Meg Cabot, Brad Bird (A), Dorris Day (A?), Jeremy Irons (A), Andy Samberg (A), Jane Fonda (A)

Created by[/color] Seb

"Are you talking about pi or pie because I have been fooled before ...".
Melindabear2002
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

They've starting casting the movies. I just found out today. I think they should make the first three into movies, and then do Bella and Edwards wedding at the end of the third one. But maybe have something thats shows Bella, Edward, Jacob, and their daughter at Charlie's house at Christmas. So that people know Charlie and Jacob are still in her life. But there was just too much that isn't going to translate well onto the screen.
My Autograph Collection, (If you want to ask how I got any graph please feel free to email me)
ChattyGirl247

Post by ChattyGirl247 »

I hated Breaking Dawn it just was really slow in Book 2 (Jacob) and Book 3 (Bella) was an utter disappointment, I mean come on The Volturi leave just like that no fight no nothing.

Speaking of the movie,
Stephenie Meyer actually stated in her FAQ that Breaking Dawn should be split into two movies.
I definitely don't agree with that. I think they can easily cut down Jacob's part
Ejm1059
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ejm1059 »

Now see I didn't mind Jacob's part. I actually enjoyed it more than Bella's. Honestly, I think what did me in was the whole pregnancy thing. The whole setup was like reading one big fan fiction/ soap opera. It really made me revaluate the series as a whole.

And your right about the Volturi battle. All that build up just fizzled. Total bummer :neutral:
Successes: (Minus SFM) Nathan Lane (IP), David Hyde Pierce (IP), Norbert Leo Butz (IP), Jonathan Pryce (IP) Shia LaBeouf (A), Victoria Beckham (A), Orlando Bloom (PP) Judi Dench (A),Daniel Radcliffe (A), Norbert Leo Butz (A), Kristen Chenoweth (A), Zac Efron (PP), Will Ferrell (A),Meg Cabot, Brad Bird (A), Dorris Day (A?), Jeremy Irons (A), Andy Samberg (A), Jane Fonda (A)

Created by[/color] Seb

Melindabear2002
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

I think that it would have/could have been better, had the whole thing with Bella's pregnancy been cut down a bit. I think that she kinda drug it out way to long, and it was a little too weird for my taste. If they cut that whole timeframe down a bit, and didn't go into quite as much detail, then it could have been much better. Maybe focus more on the wedding and honeymoon, and touch on the pregnancy, and then do the whole her changing and then do somethign else with the end. As it was they come, no fight, and then they leave, and you're left to think that one day they'll be back. I didn't really care for Breaking Dawn, it didn't have the same feel to me as the others. Instead of it being about Bella and Edward it was like a vampire soap opera. I think that the only reason honestly she's thinking about spliting into two, is because that's what Harry Potter is doing. One series or movie does something and somebody is going to want to do the same.
TwiHardPotterFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TwiHardPotterFan »

Hmmm this is interesting. For me there were things in Breaking Dawn that I liked and stuff that I didn't like. Frankly I do NOT wanna see Bellas labor and the birth of Reneseme on screen. That was just too disgusting. And while I wanted a bigger fight at the end it was a shame that there wasn't. I'm not sure about BD being a movie but I really want Eclipse. However without Taylor Lautner as Jacob if they replace him I won't watch.
most recent: 6/18/17 Geri Holliwell

https://bsbpinkangel99.wixsite.com/honestlyya my blog
http://www.freewebs.com/twihardpotterfan/index.htm My Harry Potter/Twilight Collection
http://www.freewebs.com/lokinickfan8467/index.htm My Main Site
http://anitasroyaltysite.webs.com/ My Royalty Site

Favorites: BSB, Robert Pattinson, JK Rowling, Dan Radcliffe, Taylor Lautner, Rupert Grint, Nikki Reed, Taylor Momsen, Emma Watson.
Melindabear2002
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

That's the way I feel, plus if they put certain things in the movie version I think it would cut down on who would/could go see it. And I just don't think there is enough that it would be wise to put it into two movies. I think if that's done it's only to make more money.

Have you heard something about changing who plays Jacob?
Ejm1059
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ejm1059 »

I think it was confirmed that Taylor will keep playing Jacob.

Created by[/color] Seb

TwiHardPotterFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TwiHardPotterFan »

Ejm1059 wrote:I think it was confirmed that Taylor will keep playing Jacob.
There has been NO official announcement on Taylor playing Jake. on IMDB.com under New Moon he is listed but be aware that it could change. Michael C. is one of the actors that is being considered for the role which has created a LOT of anger. He's been cocky enough to put on his face book account that he IS the older Jacob Black and then here is a quote from an interview with the teeny bopper magazine J-14.

J-14: Taylor's been bulking up to try to get the role. Have you been preparing in any way?
Michael: If anything, I feel like I need to bulk down. Right now I'm close to 200 pounds of muscle. Taylor's probably what, 140, if he's lucky? I'm already 200 pounds, so there's no need for me to get any bigger. Plus he's 5'6" and I'm 6'2". In the book, he grows eight inches and I'm exactly eight inches taller than Taylor. Huge difference.
most recent: 6/18/17 Geri Holliwell

https://bsbpinkangel99.wixsite.com/honestlyya my blog
http://www.freewebs.com/twihardpotterfan/index.htm My Harry Potter/Twilight Collection
http://www.freewebs.com/lokinickfan8467/index.htm My Main Site
http://anitasroyaltysite.webs.com/ My Royalty Site

Favorites: BSB, Robert Pattinson, JK Rowling, Dan Radcliffe, Taylor Lautner, Rupert Grint, Nikki Reed, Taylor Momsen, Emma Watson.