Storing Autographs

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Mattyf1209
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Storing Autographs

Post by Mattyf1209 »

I know there are alot of topics on this and i dont want it to be a big thing, but...

I store all my autographs in a self-adhesive photo album,

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSear ... 08830.html

And i was wondering if this is ok and will not damage the photos in any way.

Thanks
peanut1234
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Storing Autographs

Post by peanut1234 »

i keep mine in a folder inside acid-free plastic slips. the slips have holes so the can be sotred easily.
Image Image

Navy Siggy made by Me! Thanks to Seb88 for the Awesome Avatar and Marine Corps Siggy.

VISIT MY GRAPHIC SHOP http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=111418

Hooyah!
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

As long as once you've put them in you don't take them out again. If you keep pulling the plastic off them to take them out then you may damage them. I think plastic wallets are a much safer place to store your autographs :)
Thanks -Lil1- for the amazing set!
Favourite autographs: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Paul Daley, Rashad Evans, Chris Leben and Ariel Helwani
Most wanted: Mariah Carey, Michelle Rodriguez, Shania Twain, Michael Bisping, GSP and Dixie Chicks
Mattyf1209
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mattyf1209 »

where can i buy these acid-free plastic slips?
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Try looking on www.Ultra-Pro.com. {thumb2} I also buy these small 4x6 ones at my Wal-Mart photo lab that are Acid-Free and archive safe. they come 10 to a pack and you can store two photos in each sleeve. and they only cost .94 cents for a pack! :D

RYAN J. 8)
Phoebe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Phoebe »

I have been keeping all of my autographs in their original envelopes (my SASE's) on a shelf in my room - is this likely to cause them any damage, and should I move them elsewhere or store them differently?
Thanks for your help.

Phoebe :D
"My heart will be blessed, with the Sound of Music"

Most recent feedbacks:
TTM: Georgie Henley, Amanda Drew, Steph Fearon
In Person: Spider's Web touring cast, Matthew Needham & Oliver Cotton
Sent most recently: Sir. Michael Gambon, Himesh Patel, Steph Fearon
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

Phoebe wrote:I have been keeping all of my autographs in their original envelopes (my SASE's) on a shelf in my room - is this likely to cause them any damage, and should I move them elsewhere or store them differently?
Thanks for your help.

Phoebe :D
Your autographs ought to be ok on the shelf, but if you put them in an album, you can look at them easier and enjoy them. What is the point of collecting if you can't enjoy your collection? I put mine in a clear photo sleeve in a photo album so I can go through them and look at them when I want too.

BossC
Mattyf1209
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mattyf1209 »

When yours autographs are in the plastic acid free sleeve in a ring binder, dont they slide if the pictures are smaller than the a4 sleeve?? Also, is it ok if you put a piece of paper in the sleeve and an image either side ?? :)

Thanks
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

Mattyf1209 wrote:When yours autographs are in the plastic acid free sleeve in a ring binder, dont they slide if the pictures are smaller than the a4 sleeve?? Also, is it ok if you put a piece of paper in the sleeve and an image either side ?? :)

Thanks
You can add paper if you want. It should not bother the photo.

You can buy the plastic sleeves in different sizes. I have 3 sizes so no matter what size photo comes to me, I have a spot to put it. :)

BossC
SelenaandDemiFan

Post by SelenaandDemiFan »

I buy my plastic sleeves from walmart- i bought a really nice kind for about 2.50 and it was a 25 pack. I just bought another 50 pack, not sure they are acid free, but i keep them in my school binder so all my friends can enjoy them too. :D