The Most Anticipated Movies of 2009

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)

What is your most anticipated movie of 2009?

You may select 1 option

View results

seb88
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

The Most Anticipated Movies of 2009

Post by seb88 »

What Are Your Most Anticipated Movies of 2009?

I made a similar thread in 2007 where users could discuss movies that were to be released in 2008. This time i've added a poll with, according to IMDb, the most anticipated movies of 2009 where you can vote for the movie that YOU look forward to the most. Feel free to discuss other movies that arent in the poll aswell. {thumb2}

MY most anticipated movie of -09 would be the next Transformers movie. Transformers 1 was the perfect summer blockbuster and im sure the 2nd one will be just as good.

What are YOUR most anticipated movies of 2009 and why?

The movies in the poll:

Friday The 13th (2009)

Release Date: 13 February 2009
Plot Outline: Looking to reopen a camp for special need kids a group of councilors encounter a snag in their plans when an unknown person begins to pick them off one by one.
Cast and Crew: Jared Padalecki , Danielle Panabaker, Amanda Righetti

--------------------------------------------------

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)

Release Date: 17 July 2009
Plot Outline: As Harry Potter begins his 6th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he discovers an old book marked mysteriously "This book is the property of the Half-Blood Prince" and begins to learn more about Lord Voldemort's dark past.
Cast and Crew: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint

Watchmen (2009)

Release Date: 6 March 2009
Plot Outline: When an ex-superhero is murdered, a vigilante named Rorshach begins an investigation into the murder, which begins to lead to a much more terrifying conclusion.
Cast and Crew: Zack Snyder, Jeffrey Dean Morgan , Malin Ã…kerman

Plot Outline: In the future, Jake, a paraplegic war veteran, is brought to another planet, Pandora, which is inhabited by the Na'vi, a humanoid race with their own language and culture. Those from Earth find themselves at odds with each other and the local culture.
Cast and Crew: Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Michelle Rodriguez

Public Enemies (2009)

Release Date: 1 July 2009
Plot Outline: The Feds try to take down notorious American gangsters John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd during a booming crime wave in the 1930s.
Cast and Crew: Michael Mann, Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, Channing Tatum, Marion Cotillard, emelie De Ravin, Stephen Dorff etc.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

Release Date: 1 May 2009
Plot Outline: Wolverine lives a mutant life, seeks revenge against Victor Creed (who will later become Sabertooth) for the death of his girlfriend, and ultimately ends up going through the mutant Weapon X program.
Cast and Crew: Hugh Jackman, Ryan Reynolds, Dominic Monaghan

Star Trek (2009)

Release Date: 8 May 2009
Plot Outline: A chronicle of the early days of James T. Kirk and his fellow USS Enterprise crew members.
Cast and Crew: JJ Abrams, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Eric Bana, Simon Pegg

----------------------------------------------------

Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (2009)

Release Date: 22 May 2009
Plot Outline: After Skynet has destroyed much of humanity in a nuclear holocaust, a group of survivors led by John Connor (Bale) struggles to keep the machines from finishing the job.
Cast and Crew: Christian Bale, Josh Brolin

------------------------------------------------------

Inglorious Basterds (2009)

Release Date: June 2009
Plot Outline: In Nazi-occupied France during World War II, a group of Jewish-American soldiers known as "The Basterds" are chosen specifically to spread fear throughout the Third Reich by scalping and brutally killing Nazis. The Basterds soon cross paths with a French-Jewish teenage girl who runs a movie theater in Paris which is targeted by the soldiers.
Cast and Crew: Quentin Tarantino, Brad Pitt, Diane Kruger, Samuel L Jackson, Mike Myers

------------------------------------------------------

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

Release Date: Summer 2009
Plot Outline: ???
Cast and Crew: Megan Fox, Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel
My website. My autographs: TheCollection
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"When i get sad, i stop being sad and be awesome again. True story!"
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What Are Your Most Anticipated Movies of 2009?

Post by x hayley x »

Definitely Friday the 13th! I LOVE those movies :D
Angels & Demons looks really good too, I love Tom Hanks films!
Thanks -Lil1- for the amazing set!
Favourite autographs: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Paul Daley, Rashad Evans, Chris Leben and Ariel Helwani
Most wanted: Mariah Carey, Michelle Rodriguez, Shania Twain, Michael Bisping, GSP and Dixie Chicks
Classikmetal
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Your Most Anticipated Movies of 2009

Post by Classikmetal »

I can't wait to see what Friday the 13th would be like. It's definitely not going to live up to the original, but it should be ok, at least. The new Transformers should be interesting as well...
seb88
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What Are Your Most Anticipated Movies of 2009?

Post by seb88 »

x hayley x wrote:Definitely Friday the 13th! I LOVE those movies :D
Angels & Demons looks really good too, I love Tom Hanks films!
Yeah, those are good ones. The hype around Angels and Demons is insane, isnt it? Seems like its talked about everywhere. That one and Avatar :roll:
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus will probably be amazing aswell. Just look at the cast.. :mrgreen:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
seb88
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by seb88 »

Edit: I added Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes & Fast & The Furious to the poll. I also deleted Halo since its probably going to be canceled.

Here's a few other movies to look forward to that i couldnt have in the poll (max 10):

Crank 2: High Voltage starring Jason Statham & Amy Smart
The Pink Panther 2 starring Steve Martin & John Cleese
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li starring Kristin Kreuk, Neal McDonough, Chris Klein & Michael Clarke Duncan
Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian starring Ben Stiller, Robin Williams, Owen Wilson
lizane

Post by lizane »

Hi! ;)

To be honest, I'm not super excited about any of these films in '09. At least not as I was about "Narnia: Prince Caspian" and "Quantum of Solace" this year. {thumb2} But I voted for "Harry Potter" anyways. :D I personally don't think "Angels & Demons" will be nearly as good (or big/popular) as "The Da Vinci Code". :neutral: The "Angels & Demons" book was a horrible, confusing mess in my opinion! :lol: On the contrary, "The Da Vinci Code" is one of my favourite books and movie! :mrgreen:

Also looking forward to "The Pink Panther 2". :)

Thanks!
zanne
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

Not looking forward to any of these, except Harry Potter and Sherlock Holmes (just for Jude Law).

{up}
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
qwertyuiop
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by qwertyuiop »

None of those films appeal to me, but I would probably watch Harry Potter because I've watched the others.
Favourite successes: Paramore, New Found Glory, Death Cab For Cutie
Mighty_Modders
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mighty_Modders »

not one of them, looks like 2009 is going to be another dull year of rubbish remakes, sequels and shoddy adaptations... :roll:

--

just noticed...an american playing sherlock holmes? that sounds rubbish already. why cant hollywood get someone english to play a very english character...ah well. at least i wont be wasting money down the cinema.
seb88
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by seb88 »

Mighty_Modders wrote:just noticed...an american playing sherlock holmes? that sounds rubbish already.
Normally i would agree, but i really think that Robert Downey Jr. can pull it off. He's such an amazing actor (imo). {up} He just need to work on his british accent..