*waves* Hi!

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

*waves* Hi!

Post by omgitscaro »

Hey! I'm Carolyn (but you all can call me Caro). I'm 14, and I just started autograph collecting. {love}

I haven't managed to get anything right yet (forget to write c/o, forget SASE, or something else...), but I've been browsing, and getting a few tips, and I'm getting a bit better. I'm stickin' to snail mail! :lol:

The people I write to are really random, but I don't like to write to someone who's mega-popular and gets tons of mail!

I can't think of anything else to say... but I have to ask the experts (and it may be a very stupid question):
When I request an autograph via email, do I wait for reply before I add my name/home address?

P.S: I don't have a scanner, but I do have a camera, which did cost me $20 (and is VERY crappy.)
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: *waves* Hi!

Post by x hayley x »

Hi :D Welcome to fanmail.biz!
Write to whoever you're a fan of don't worry how big they are, you've still got as much chance of getting a reply, it just may take a little longer! But patience is very important in autograph collecting! :lol:
If you're asking for an autograph via email then just write it how you would write a letter, include your request for an autograph in the email, they most likely will not have time to reply to your email personally. But one thing we do ask however is that you only email requests to people who you are a fan of as email addresses get abused and end up being closed down, so it just spoils it for everyone really. So what I mean is don't just send email requests for the sake of it, make sure they're people you're a fan of :D
Yeah that camera will be fine to show us your successes, the quality doesn't really matter it's just as long as we can see the proof you received your autograph and the envelope it came in.
Well I think I've answered everything lol, feel free to ask me anything else if you have anymore questions.
Good luck with your collecting! :D
Thanks -Lil1- for the amazing set!
Favourite autographs: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Paul Daley, Rashad Evans, Chris Leben and Ariel Helwani
Most wanted: Mariah Carey, Michelle Rodriguez, Shania Twain, Michael Bisping, GSP and Dixie Chicks
lizane

Post by lizane »

Hey Caro! ;)

Big welcome to Fanmail.biz! {clap} I hope you enjoy it here! :D

Hayley pretty much said it all. {thumb2}

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. :)

Regards,
zanne
nbbfan4lyf
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nbbfan4lyf »

hiii *waves back*
im ina really good mood right now, randomly
Im Fortified by Milk tm
Theres this disease called TWILIGHT and once youve been hit theres no cure
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by guilder1st »

Heya, welcome to Fanmail. Try searching around the forum. We have topics that can help you with pretty much anything related to autograph collecting. And if you can't find an answer to your questions, don't hesitate to ask.
omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by omgitscaro »

Thank you everyone! I'm enjoying it here already. {love}

And thank you Hayley! That really helped! :)
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

omgitscaro wrote:Thank you everyone! I'm enjoying it here already. {love}

And thank you Hayley! That really helped! :)
No problem :)
Hope to see you around the site!
Thanks -Lil1- for the amazing set!
Favourite autographs: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Paul Daley, Rashad Evans, Chris Leben and Ariel Helwani
Most wanted: Mariah Carey, Michelle Rodriguez, Shania Twain, Michael Bisping, GSP and Dixie Chicks
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

Hi! Welcome to Fanmail.biz {clap}

I hope you gow to {??} this site and the hobby as much as the rest of us do {thumb2}

http://www.freewebs.com/caribbean-queen My Autograph Collection

http://www.youtube.com/imalittlemidget - Check out my singing on youtube!
omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by omgitscaro »

Thanks for the welcome margotchanning! :)