Few questions

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
fan0258
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Few questions

Post by fan0258 »

Hello,

I'v got few questins

I was wondering, where do I need to write my address (my home address) when I send an autograph request? on the letter, return envelope or both?

In what envelope do I need to put the IRC's? in the return envelope or in the celebrity's envelope?

On the celebrity's envelope I need to put it my country's stamp?

Thank you all very much for your time :wink:
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Larisie »

Hi Fan0258,

To your first question: you need to write your home address in the left hand corner on the evelope that you are sending to the celebrity and on the return envelope your address goes in the center of it.

Your 2nd question: You put the IRCs in the evelope in which you are sending to the celebrity. So in that envelope should be the IRCs, letter and if you are sending a pic then that should all go into that envelope.

3rd question: Yes, on the celebrity's envelope you have to put your country's stamps!

I hope I answered all of your questions! Best of luck!
Larisie :D {up}
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

rachelhall
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rachelhall »

Do you have to write your address in the top left hand corner of the celebs enevelope cos I havnt been doing tht? Does tht mean i wont get any replies? x
allhahaheehee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by allhahaheehee »

u will still get reply if u don't put addres on the left hand side
KellyMBel
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by KellyMBel »

When I write I always write my address in the middle of the letter. I say it like this:

Well, I was wondering if I could please get an autograph photo. If you could send it to this address, that would be great:

(then my address)

That way there is no confusion about my address. I never let them just look on the retun address on the envelope in case they misplaced it. But if I was sending an SASE, I would write it on the SASE, not in the letter, but I would say I have included a self addressed stamped envelope to keep things easier for you.

I put my IRCs in the celebrities envelope, so that way they have no problem finding them.

Yes, always put your countries stamps no matter where in the world you are sending it.
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

What you need to do is...

In/On The envelope that you are sending to the celeb:

-The celeb's name and address together on the front.
-Your return address in the upper left hand corner (This is so that you will get your stuff back in case of a bad address)
-Your postage in the upper right hand corner.
-Your letter, IRC's, SASE, and Pictures inside the envelope.

In/On the SASE that you are sending.

-Your address somewhere in the middle.
-If you are in the same country as the celeb, put postage on this SASE.
-If not no postage can be put on because your stamps won't be good there.
-Put some cardboard in the SASE and add "Do Not Bend" to the oputside of it. This will hopefully keep it form being bent.

Hope that this answered your Questions.

--Daniel :D
James

Re: Few questions

Post by James »

fan0258 wrote:Hello,

I'v got few questins

I was wondering, where do I need to write my address (my home address) when I send an autograph request? on the letter, return envelope or both?

In what envelope do I need to put the IRC's? in the return envelope or in the celebrity's envelope?

On the celebrity's envelope I need to put it my country's stamp?

Thank you all very much for your time :wink:
I write my address on the envelope and letter, in case the SASE goes missing (It has happened to me) and on the envelope incase it is an RTS.

James