European Soccer Clubs: Juve, Milan, Madrid, Barca

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
paradogs
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

European Soccer Clubs: Juve, Milan, Madrid, Barca

Post by paradogs »

Hi Everybody,

this is my first post, hope to find some experts to chat with...

I live in Germany and collect soccer Autos through the Mail,
I got answers from many european clubs.

Like many of you, I wondered if these signatures were real or done by
somebody else. After reading a couple of threds here, it seems like
the majority here take if for proven, that big clubs like Milan, Juve,
Barca, Madrid (I think these were the most often called names) professional Signers.
I will post my experience with these clubs and hopefully start an interesiting discussion :-)

Juventus Turin

I tried writing direct to players and writing to the club central.
I just received an answer from Nedved, he signed my trading cards, but
it took a looong time.
My letter to club included cards of many players and was answered
quickly. The signatures just look like out of kindergarten, even not
being an expert, I consider them clearly faked. During the European
Championship, I received Autographes of del Piero and Camoranesi and
they look much better.

Here are some examples from what I got from Juve:

Nedveds signature looks completly different than the one I received in
his personal letter:

Ac Milan

Same here, I wrote directly to some players and a to the club.
I just received two answers from the personal letters, Kaka and
Ronaldo, a few days before he left the club. I received many AUtos from my letter to the club:

I do not know if I can trust these, but the ones I received directly from the few players, look good to me.

My conclusion is, that players receive fanamail and can decide what
they do, requests going directly to the club are (Juve) or might be (Milan) fakes.

What do you see, can that be? What is your experience?
Could the Autographs received from the player be real?
How about the items which came back from AC Milan?
Is there any proof?
Or is collecting signatures through the mail a matter of believes? ;-)

I have very few successes from spain, I sended many letters to barcelona,
but never got an answer from a player nor the club, instead of Autographes I received some nice posters.
I got two responses from Madrid, the Coach Bernd Schuster, and after a long time,
Saviola signed my cards even with dedication and a copied letter.

Could be the same, Players get the fanmail and deciced if they answer or not.

What do you think about way english clubs handle their fanmail?
I received a few answers from chelsea players signing Trading cards, 2
Answers from Manu including signed Photos, not signing my cards.
Liverpool sended some magazines and nice player profiles, but never
autographs, same with Arsenal with a few exceptions, where players
signed my cards.

Ok, that it for the moment, thanks for reading.
Let me know what you think....
Carol
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: European Soccer Clubs: Juve, Milan, Madrid, Barca

Post by Carol »

I love your Brazilian players ! {love}
Guess where I'm from.. =) you interested in Brazilian soccer ?

P.S. sorry I didn't really answer your questions, but I really dn't understand that much about autographs yet :?

BRAZIL !

Signatures: 18
    (6 pp, 1 stamp, 5 authentic, 6 Personalized !)
    Most wanted: Paul McCartney !
    Favorites: Ringo Starr ! (with written note) (x2) and Christopher Paolini (x5) (Click on them ! You'll be sent to the posts !)
    Waiting on: Most of Star Wars, Main characters from Harry Potter, Ryan Sheckler,
    Kaka (soccer player), Spielberg, Steve Martin, Julian Casablancas and The Strokes, Most of Gossip Girl, some more.

Thanks to Leonie for the siggy and avatar.. I was her first customer ! Check her shop out !
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasonw »

Hi and welcome to fanmail 8)
I am afraid to say that all replies from Juve. Milan, Madrid and Barca are fakes. However, if you write them through their agents or their country's football assiosaition (if they are in their national team) then you have a higher chance of reciving an authentic autograph. That your Nedved as an example; the one obtained through juventus is a fake, and the one obtained through his national football assiosation is authentic.
Jason :razz:

Mischa Barton. Best Success of 2009?
Click to view!
paradogs
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by paradogs »

@ Carol:
I really like Futsal! Many brazilian players like Ronaldinho, Robinho and Diego have litte advantage in controlling the ball, amazing!

@Jasonw
Thanks for your hints! Untill now, I never tried to reach players through their countrys football assosiciation, on which players did you have success? Or do you know which countries give the mail to their players?

The 2 different Nedveds are really confusing, because I got them both from Juventus. I received the first one (picture with fake del piero, camoranesi and trezeguet) from a letter I sended to the clubs adress.

The second one I got as an answer from a letter directly adressed to Pavel Nedved in Turin.
Thats why my thesis at the moment is, that players get the letters and decide for themselves, if they throw them away or answer.
Could that be possible?
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasonw »

paradogs wrote:@ Carol:
I really like Futsal! Many brazilian players like Ronaldinho, Robinho and Diego have litte advantage in controlling the ball, amazing!

@Jasonw
Thanks for your hints! Untill now, I never tried to reach players through their countrys football assosiciation, on which players did you have success? Or do you know which countries give the mail to their players?

The 2 different Nedveds are really confusing, because I got them both from Juventus. I received the first one (picture with fake del piero, camoranesi and trezeguet) from a letter I sended to the clubs adress.

The second one I got as an answer from a letter directly adressed to Pavel Nedved in Turin.
Thats why my thesis at the moment is, that players get the letters and decide for themselves, if they throw them away or answer.
Could that be possible?
Did you use the Juventus address for both of them?
Jason 8)

Click to view!
paradogs
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by paradogs »

Yes,

the letter including differnt cards went to
Juventus Turin
Corso Galileo Ferraris 32
10128 Torino

the ones I sended to the players were like

Pavel Nedved
Juventus Turin
10128 Torino

Same adress, just added the players name...
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasonw »

paradogs wrote:Yes,

the letter including differnt cards went to
Juventus Turin
10128 Torino

the ones I sended to the players were like

Pavel Nedved
Juventus Turin
10128 Torino

Same adress, just added the players name...
Thats very strange...
Jason.

Click to view!
paradogs
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by paradogs »

So what do you think?
Could it be possible, that most clubs distribute letters to their players and only send fakes (like Juve), when requests are adressed to the club an not to a particular player?
Mr Kennedy

Post by Mr Kennedy »

Milan, Barca, Real, with those 3, it doesnt matter how you address your TTM requests, everything is secretarial.

Juventus are hit and miss. If you send lots of pics, you'll get secretarials back. However, if you write directly to a player, you (seemingly) have more chance of getting an authentic back. Sometimes you will still get sec, other times the mail seems to get passed on to the player. This is highlighted by your Nedved success above. The one where you sent to several players at once, the Nedved is an obvious, awful secretarial. But the one where you wrote straight to him looks like it could well be authentic. However, Ive seen other Nedved "successes" from writing direct to him, which have also been bad secretarials. It could just be different secretarys, a good one and a bad one.

There is no guarantee writing to a player individually will get you an authentic, however, but it will increase your chances above 0%, but it does seem to depend on the player, and whoever deals with the mail. Its really hit and miss.

Disclaimer - Im not saying the Nedved is 100% authentic, just that it looks more likely to be.
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasonw »

Mr Kennedy wrote:Milan, Barca, Real, with those 3, it doesnt matter how you address your TTM requests, everything is secretarial.

Juventus are hit and miss. If you send lots of pics, you'll get secretarials back. However, if you write directly to a player, you (seemingly) have more chance of getting an authentic back. Sometimes you will still get sec, other times the mail seems to get passed on to the player. This is highlighted by your Nedved success above. The one where you sent to several players at once, the Nedved is an obvious, awful secretarial. But the one where you wrote straight to him looks like it could well be authentic. However, Ive seen other Nedved "successes" from writing direct to him, which have also been bad secretarials. It could just be different secretarys, a good one and a bad one.

There is no guarantee writing to a player individually will get you an authentic, however, but it will increase your chances above 0%, but it does seem to depend on the player, and whoever deals with the mail. Its really hit and miss.

Disclaimer - Im not saying the Nedved is 100% authentic, just that it looks more likely to be.
I hope Andy's theory is correct. It would be great if more players sign if you write directly to them like Nedved - even if its a hit and miss.
Jason :)

Click to view!