Bobby Charlton

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
andyais
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Bobby Charlton

Post by andyais »

I'm thinking of going to see Bobby Charlton at a book signing shortly. Do you think he will sign a photo instead of his book if I buy the book anyway?

Does anyone have any similar successes from other celebs?
mharm2k6
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Bobby Charlton

Post by mharm2k6 »

It honestly can differ from situation to situation- some "celebs" sign agreements with the store saying they will sign only one item per person or just sign books. I don't think it'd hurt to wing it and try to get you photo signed- the worst they can say is NO. You said you plan to buy the book anyway, but the only thing I will say is 1. be polite in asking if he'd be willing to sign the photo as-well (better than instead, as this seems like you have no real interest in the book, but more his autograph) and 2. it's usually a bad idea to show up to a book signing and just try to get a picture or something signed without buying the book.
-Matt "mharm2k6"
allhahaheehee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by allhahaheehee »

i think he only signs his book, i might be wrong
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasonw »

Hi
Bobby Charlton signs TTM so you might want to send him the photo to get it autographed.
Jason 8)

Mischa Barton. Best Success of 2009?
Click to view!
joshh_911
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by joshh_911 »

Emma's right, he will ONLY sign the book at the signings. And it has to be purchased at the same store because they have started checking receipts now.

At Charlton's signing last year at Waterstone's Newcastle, he would only sign the book he was promoting (up to 3 per customer as far as I remember), and he did do dedications although this could only be "To *name*", he wouldn't write 'best wishes' or any other similar message.

I waited behind afterwards as well to try and get my World Cup book signed- he came armed with his own security so he refused to sign anything. I managed to get it signed at another event at St. James' so all is good though.

One good thing last year is that he did pose for photos with fans- not too sure if WHSmith Newcastle will allow this though, they have signings in the most inconvenient part of the store and block up the table so normally you can't round to the back, though this depends on celeb.

:)