If you were a celebrity...

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
softballchica93
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

If you were a celebrity...

Post by softballchica93 »

If you were a celebrity, would you take the time to answer your fanmail? I would. :razz: I know that celebrities are busy people, but I wish that some, like Miley, would be better with fanmail, :/
noodlez
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: If you were a celebrity...

Post by noodlez »

I would too. I wouldn't throw any letters away but would definitely "answer" (which means sign photos...) all of them even if it took me 2 years to do so. Well, I don't know how successful I'd be - so please allow me to take up to 2 years lol :lol: :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
most wanted: RICHARD GERE, Ed Helms and Jon Stewart (all personalized {??} )
most proud of: {??} {??} DYLAN WALSH {??} {??} CLAY AIKEN {??} {??} ANDERSON COOPER {??} {??}
xolindsey87
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by xolindsey87 »

I would love signing fanmail. :] When I'm bored online or like, waiting for something to load I sign my name like, all over the place. I think it's actually fun.
But if there were like, 200 letters to answer, then I think I'd have a slightly different opinion, but since I know what it's like to really want someone's autograph, I'd definitely do it for my fans. :] But I definitely respect celebrities a lot more when they reply to their fanmail. It shows they actually care about their fans and don't forget where they got their start from. (:
http://www.freewebs.com/xolindsey87/
Recently Sent Out: Taylor Lautner VV, Nick Jonas VV
Favorite Success: the Jonas Brothers, Taylor Swift x4, David Archuleta x3, & Jason Ritter Q&A! (:
Recent Successes: Monique Coleman VV
softballchica93
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by softballchica93 »

noodlez & xolindsey87:

I agree with the both of you. I sign my name alot. It's so fun. I know this sounds lame, but once in 8th grade, I pretended I was at a meet & greet and I signed blank sheets of paper for my "fans". haha. But, I do love it when celebs answer fanmail. It's soo cool! It shows that they are grounded and they care.
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by guilder1st »

I would read my fan mail but I would only sign the ones that look like they come from genuine fans. And I would limit 1 picture per request.
It of course all depends on the volume of fan mail. If you get 10 letters a week it's easy to read and respond to them, but if you get 1000+ letters a week like some celebrities, I would hire someone to sort through them, give me the most genuine letters and send a preprint or autopen to the rest. ;-)
alyssalikewhoaa
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by alyssalikewhoaa »

i would totallyy do so!
because i know how it feels to send something and not get a reply and i hate that and i know other people so too!
i just think its the kind thing to do!

i always pretend i'm at meet and greets and sign blank paperr haha.
Latest Requests;
Favorite Successes; Taylor Swift, Ringo Starr, Daniel Radcliffe
Most Wanted; Darren Criss
Kiss-Babe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Kiss-Babe »

i think i would sign all requests that aren't just "normal" letters, I mean from real fans, but i wouldn't answer to the letters, just signing the photos :)

but i it's not very funny to sign the whole day, i have to sign a lot at work and it's not a great pleasure for me :)
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

I don't know. It would depend on volume of mail and how busy I was. I mean soap stars aren't A list celebs but some work 12 hour days, 6 days a week. So even ten letters a week would be difficult to respond to! I would try to respond to fanmail though {thumb2}

http://www.freewebs.com/caribbean-queen My Autograph Collection

http://www.youtube.com/imalittlemidget - Check out my singing on youtube!
RobertHolik
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by RobertHolik »

Screw it I'd do it all!

Read the letters, answer, sign photos, send out signed photos!

I would, send 1 little signed photo to those who obviously aren't fans and just want an autograph

And send 1-3 big cool signed photos to real fans! And I'd even call them on their birthdays and try to meet them :) Maybe also send signed movie props to fans on their birthday or something like that :)

-Rob
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

RobertHolik wrote:Screw it I'd do it all!

Read the letters, answer, sign photos, send out signed photos!

I would, send 1 little signed photo to those who obviously aren't fans and just want an autograph

And send 1-3 big cool signed photos to real fans! And I'd even call them on their birthdays and try to meet them :) Maybe also send signed movie props to fans on their birthday or something like that :)

-Rob
I'm already a fan after reading that :lol: {thumb2}

http://www.freewebs.com/caribbean-queen My Autograph Collection

http://www.youtube.com/imalittlemidget - Check out my singing on youtube!