Wentworth Miller TTM autograph comparison

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
lizane

Wentworth Miller TTM autograph comparison

Post by lizane »

Hello Wenty fans! ;-)

As many of you ask about the authenticy of Wemtworth's TTM autographs, I've started this topic so we can discuss it here. {thumb2}

Firstly, to receive feedback from Wentworth can take anything from 3-6 months to a year. I've browsed through his feedback and that's how I know this (my successes from him: 1st one - 6 months, 2nd one - 3+ months). I know this is not a very good point, but I'm pretty sure secretaries don’t take that long to reply, just look at successes from John Travolta and Al Pacino - all very quick!

Also, Wentworth used to sign his full name in person. But as of now, he rarely, if ever, does so. Now he only signs "W M___" (same as TTM), "W Miller" or now just a scribble of "WM".

Now, I went and looked at the very first Wentworth success here on Fanmail.biz, received back in November 2005. I've compared the signature and handwriting.
Received: 12 November 2005 (luvleasianangel)

Received: 13 February 2006 (girliegossip337)

Received: 8 January 2008 (zanne)

Look at the way he writes - it's the same handwriting since 2005. On the "February 2006" photo, he wrote "Be good" and on my success, he also wrote "Be good" - it's a match. Now, I know people will say that he's using a sec to sign, but do you really think he started using a secretary back in November 2005, when "Prison Break" was in its first season and he wasn't that popular yet? I really doubt so!

Ok, now the signatures: on all of the photos the "W" is exact. The "M" is a slight bit different (compare photo 1 with photo 2 & 3), but that's why I'm posting the following success:
Received: Received: 29 October 2007 (MuY6484)
Now we have a match! The "M" of the above person's name is exact to the "M" of "Miller" in the first photo (November 2005).

Nowadays, Went just sort of scribble a "WM", firstly an authentic in person scan from AutographWorld.com:
Another one from AutographWorld (same as previous TTM successes):

Here's a recent TTM success, received on 14 July 2008:
The signature compares very good to the first scan from AutographWorld.

Another recent TTM success, received on 25 August 2008:
Notice the "All the best" part on the poster and compare the handwriting to the very first success posted here on Fanmail.biz, which I've already said what's the odds od it being sec back in 2005?? The resemblance is uncanny - just look at the, well, everything! I've "croped" out the "All the best" parts from both autographs:
Image - November 2005
Image - August 2008

Lastly, here’s an in person autograph which really speaks for itself:
Photo date: 15 May 2008
Sure, Went only signed the “M___" part (without the “W”) but it looks very similar to the ones received TTM.

Here's an interesting article about Miller’s fan mail:
“Prison Break star Wentworth Miller is delighted to receive fan mail from his adoring fans - but confesses he never has the time to write back.

The hunky actor, 35, receives hundreds of letter from his female fans on a weekly basis - but admits the letters are so long, he never has the time to respond in full.

He says, "The mail amazes me - I sometimes get these letters that are ten pages, and written, from women pouring their hearts out and, for security reasons, I can only respond with a headshot and 'Dear so and so, be good. Wm.' It never feels like enough."”
Date posted: 17 May 2008

My verdict: Wentworth signs all his autographs TTM himself - it's authentic.

Feel free to post your opinions here! {up}

Regards,
zanne
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Wentworth Miller TTM autograph comparison

Post by guilder1st »

I agree with you. I believe his ttm's to be authentic. I actually did a bit of research myself last week, because I received a request back in the mail that I send in October of '07. And I came to the same conclusion. {thumb2}
lizane

Post by lizane »

Thank you for your opinion, guilder1st! ;-) Yes, I never really doubted the authenticy of Went's autographs - successes can take too long and if it were a sec, it would be much faster (and of course, all of the other reasons given above). {thumb2}

Thanks,
zanne
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasonw »

Hi zanne;
Wentworth Miller does send authentic TTM. Firstly, his TTM matches with his IP. Also, you can look at the dates, there are much more successes from him when he is not filming and that's any reason.
His autograph is just very simple and resonably easy to forged so thats why people are suspicious but I think this thread can clear off the confusion. {thumb2}
Jason ;-)

Mischa Barton. Best Success of 2009?
Click to view!
lizane

Post by lizane »

jasonw wrote:Hi zanne;
Wentworth Miller does send authentic TTM. Firstly, his TTM matches with his IP. Also, you can look at the dates, there are much more successes from him when he is not filming and that's any reason.
His autograph is just very simple and resonably easy to forged so thats why people are suspicious but I think this thread can clear off the confusion. {thumb2}
Jason ;-)
Thanks for your comment, Jason. {thumb2} I know, I also said it's authentic as you can see in my scans I've posted with descriptions - the only reason I've made this thread was because people kept believing some weird story (which I've never heard ot myself) that Went's sister signs the photos, which is clearly false - I don't know where that comes from! :lol: But I just want everyone to know it's authentic and I got pictures and facts to prove it. :D

Thanks,
zanne
TOOLiTTLETOOLATE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TOOLiTTLETOOLATE »

Thank you very much for posting this.
That must have took a long time to write out and get the pics together. {thumb2}

Has anyone received a success from him using the Prison Break address?
xolindsey87
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by xolindsey87 »

Thank you for putting this together! :]
I'm glad to know his are authentic!
http://www.freewebs.com/xolindsey87/
Recently Sent Out: Taylor Lautner VV, Nick Jonas VV
Favorite Success: the Jonas Brothers, Taylor Swift x4, David Archuleta x3, & Jason Ritter Q&A! (:
Recent Successes: Monique Coleman VV
lizane

Post by lizane »

No problem, TOOLiTTLETOOLATE and Lindsey! {thumb2} I'm glad you find this helpful! :mrgreen:

To TOOLiTTLETOOLATE: I've never seen any successes reported through the "Prison Break" address but there was a member who supposedly got signed photos from all castmembers through that address, but he didn't post any pics and it might be preprints. :? It's posted in the member Bria's recent Wentworth success in the "Feedback" forum. {up}

Good luck to everyone who's waiting to hear from Went! :D
zanne
TOOLiTTLETOOLATE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TOOLiTTLETOOLATE »

Urrg, Yeah I wish I would have thought that one through before I just wrote 3 of the actors at the Prison Break address.
I'm kind of worried since I haven't seen any reported successes from Wentworth via that address. :?