Charity Auction Dinner?

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
MoonlightWishing
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Charity Auction Dinner?

Post by MoonlightWishing »

Hey there!

I have a quick question about holding a charity auction dinner. Basically, is it a good idea? It's really daunting for me, because I'm 13, and I'm doing it on my own, so if I'm going to do it, would I get a lot out of it and also, how do I go about organizing it? I'm not sure if I could do it locally, because I live in a VERY quiet part of the UK, and most people round here are 60+. I could of course, use the internet. but the stuff on ebay usually only goes for a couple of pounds. Any suggestions are welcome, and thanks in advance!
macys-loving-hearts
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Charity Auction Dinner?

Post by macys-loving-hearts »

Hello darling im Kat, What a great thing you want to Do, Ok unless u live somewhere were loads of people have loads of Money i dont think the dinner will work, However a disco, Buffet and Auction should work anywhere, Decide who your raising Money, Then get a location for next to Nothing , i have a hall booked for our event that hold 300 and got it for £30 selling tickets for £5 each and also raffle tickets at £1 each for smaller items You will make a good bit of money , Its alot of work but worth it. Last yr i did a event like the one ive discribed for my daughter Childrens Hospice We raised over £3000 just doing that it was worth whiling. Pm if you want any more info , help etc
xxx