Getting started question... PLEASE READ!

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
courtney

Getting started question... PLEASE READ!

Post by courtney »

Hey everybody!
I have been writing to celebrities for a couple years now and i want to now collect for charity. I am going to give the money to the Change for the Children Foundation (it is the jonas brothers charity).
I have one question.... okay, so i contacted them through their website on thursday i believe and now i am waiting for them to get back to me so i can start sending letters and stuff. i was wondering in what ways can the charity be involved in my "project" and do i NEED their permission before i start sending out letters and a change for the children foundation fact sheet?
thanks so much!
:)
Thanks hangman!

KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR MORE INFO ABOUT MY CHARITY AUCTION TO SUPPORT THE CHANGE FOR THE CHILDREN FOUNDATION! AUCTION IS IN EARLY 2009.
http://www.myspace.com/courtneycharityautographs

REQUEST ME AS A FRIEND!
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Getting started question... PLEASE READ!

Post by sunkissed08 »

wow! that is so nice of you :D there should be more people like you out there ;-)

but i'm sure you don't need their permission to get started, it's kind of like a 'volunteer thing'. what other information did the charity provide?
JANUARY SUCCESSES:: Jennette McCurdy, Nathan Kress, Shawn Johnson, Rob Schneider, Nikki Reed.
courtney

Post by courtney »

the charity didn't provide me personally with any information. i did use a fact sheet that you can find on changeforthechildren.org is that okay?
i just don't want any legal problems with using the fact sheet.

and thanks!
that means alot!
Thanks hangman!

KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR MORE INFO ABOUT MY CHARITY AUCTION TO SUPPORT THE CHANGE FOR THE CHILDREN FOUNDATION! AUCTION IS IN EARLY 2009.

REQUEST ME AS A FRIEND!
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

courtney wrote:the charity didn't provide me personally with any information. i did use a fact sheet that you can find on changeforthechildren.org is that okay?
i just don't want any legal problems with using the fact sheet.

and thanks!
that means alot!
it sounds to me like you just earn money, and donate! i read it and you basically get to choose 5 charities (which is amazing!) and you send in the money. that's what i got out of it i guess? and you're very welcome :D
JANUARY SUCCESSES:: Jennette McCurdy, Nathan Kress, Shawn Johnson, Rob Schneider, Nikki Reed.
courtney

Post by courtney »

yeah, that sounds right!
like the change for the children foundation has within it five charities that the jonas brothers have selected... so i am splitting the money between those.

so can i start sending letters right now or do i have to wait for them to reply to my first email to them?
Thanks hangman!

REQUEST ME AS A FRIEND!
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

courtney wrote:yeah, that sounds right!
like the change for the children foundation has within it five charities that the jonas brothers have selected... so i am splitting the money between those.

so can i start sending letters right now or do i have to wait for them to reply to my first email to them?
i would probably start sending letters out right now. i bet they get so many emails it takes a while to respond. and they'll just take the money with great appreciation i assume :)
courtney

Post by courtney »

okay awesome!
thanks!
;)
i will send the email requests out right now!
thanks again!
Thanks hangman!

REQUEST ME AS A FRIEND!
macys-loving-hearts
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by macys-loving-hearts »

what a lovely thing to do, i think you may need to get a letter to say your raising funds for them as i no i did when i did it for my daughter hospice and the hospital, But not sure if thats cause im in England.