Letter Heads, Official Paper question???

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
automan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Letter Heads, Official Paper question???

Post by automan »

I am thinking about starting a charity auction for a small local cause. The main problem I have come up against while thinking this up is trying to make my letters look as official as possible. We don't have any way of showing the celeb that we are a valid cause. Is it ok to send my letters on just blank paper?? :roll:
Man * is not a term United fans refer to themselves as. The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club. The "u" is meant to be "you" by the rival fans.

An early example was from WBA fans: "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave". The origin of "Man Utd" is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.

Liverpool and Leeds fans copied this with their own man you /u versions to insult all of the lads who died at munich.

"Man * Man * went on a plane Man * Man * never came back again"

and..

"Man * Never Intended Coming Home" (if you combine the first letter of each word you get the word "munich").

So... Please REFRAIN from using this term ever again!!!!!!!!
macys-loving-hearts
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Letter Heads, Official Paper question???

Post by macys-loving-hearts »

Hello im kat and im setting up a charity myself in memory of my daughter , the charity is not regitered yet so i have no proof, Anyway i sent out letters saturday on blank white paper and have already this week recieved signed item from 3 celebs so i think your fine, I also added in my letter what we were doing the charity for and how it would help , if you can mention costs etc of things . My charity is for terminally ill children and its for holidays, sensory item and costs when the child loses there life. so i added this and also a link to the condition my daughter had.

Good luck
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

Hi automan :)

What about designing your own letterhead for the cause you are supporting? If they do not already have official, registered insignia, you can do this - with their permission of course. It doesn't need to be anything fancy; you could just design a picture or crest that relates to the cause, as well as the name of the cause in big bold letters, and your contact details in finer print. You could print this on the blank pages, and give your requests a more 'official' look.

Michelle 8)
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
grahams222
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by grahams222 »

I personally do not think that it is necessary to mention how much money that you are trying to raise.

I don't think that is going to stop them from signing.

I am a VOLUNTEER fundraiser & have been for 6 yrs. Here is a copy of my letter.

To whom it may concern;

I would first like to thank you for taking the time in reading my letter & at least giving it some thought. Our Organization would appreciate
anything that you send.

ALL of the items if you send any will be donated to the children as DOOR PRIZES. Here are some items that I am asking for, KIDS FAN PACK (NO TICKETS PLEASE), Autographed pictures, clothing (T-Shirts), Caps (Male & Female), Items that a school aged child could "cherish" or use to be donated to the children that will be handed out as DOOR PRIZES?

I have had some wonderful success from people so far. I have received a B & W autographed 8 X 10 from Denzel Washington, t-shirts from WWF (wrestling), Cap from Al Unser Sr. Autographed photos of Michael Waltrip with stats on back & the same with John Andretti. Jim Davis, Charlie Daniels, Diamond Rio, R.E.M & several others. Please let me add you to my list.

Our "Back to School Fair" is being held July 31st, 2008.
Any autographed items please send to the Fundraiser:

Sylvia

Dear Merchants;

My name is Sylvia ******* . I live in ******** Missouri. I have been the volunteer fundraiser for 6 years with the South Central Missouri Community Action Agency in Wayne Co.

Our mission is to give school supplies to children in need. This year for us has started out not real good. A week ago (March 17, 2008) we was hit with a Natural Disaster. We have been hit with torrential flooding. A lot of our community has lost their homes and business damaged. I am working a little earlier than I normally do to get things rolling due to the condition of our town.

Student & their families will receive information on the dangers of SMOKING and the use of TOBACCO. We provide information on SEAT BELT SAFETY, BUS SAFETY and BOAT SAFETY. We also provide HEARING & VISION SCREENINGS to the children. And update their shots.

Without generous donations from our local area business this could not be possible. Since the flooding it is now going to be even harder. Our children are now in more of a need than before. All items that you can DONATE are greatly appreciated. Shots are given to children that need them, A lot of Organizations are there with information available to help the parents & children in need.

All year around we help support our families with assistance with paying their utilities, food, GED classes & Job search.

As their Fundraiser we are asking that ALL monetary donations go DIRECTLY to the agency at:
SCMCAA

I send out both of these letters. The 1st letter explains what I am asking for, the 2nd letter shows WHY? I don't think I got but just a very few that came in that ARE NOT original autographs.