My Rude Success From the Panabakers

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
towanda
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by towanda »

This is one of the reasons I never ask for more than an autograph. I have never even asked anyone to personalize something for me. If I get only an autograph, I am very happy to have gotten it. If they send me something extra, that is just icing on the cake. I think it is expecting way too much to ask for more than an autograph. Several months ago, I wrote to Cate Blanchett while she was in the play, Hedda Gabler. In my letter, I mentioned that Hedda is my favorite play, and that I worked on it in college. She sent me a signed copy of the Playbill. I was very pleasantly surprised to receive it. I certainly would never have asked for one. I see this as the same thing - asking for more than we have a right to expect. Having said all of this, I do agree that their response was rude, but whoever wrote that might have been having a really bad day, and was a bit taken aback or annoyed that someone would ask for more than just an autograph.
loveryan

:(

Post by loveryan »

Sorry. It´s a pitty :(
leela
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by leela »

OMG that is RUUUUDE! I totally am not a fan now!
kasper01
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kasper01 »

I understand why you are hurt so much. You have emotions tied up in their movies and very much liked them. You have a very nice heartfelt letter out to them, telling them you love their movies and it is also your birthday. Then something like this happens and you aren't sure why.

All I can say is maybe you should write them a letter back and send the photo back. Ask them what this meant because you were very hurt by it and do not understand it. Then see what they respond with. They always respond and send a photo, so you won't be out too much postage, but just try it. What do you have to lose?

Otherwise the only thing to do is to move on and either watch their movies again, or not. I have been very disspointed in some of the responses I got also TTM, but the sting does go away and you learn to appreciate people like Robin Williams who really take the time to read your mail and respond so genuinely.

You will get other GREAT responses in the future, so don't worry about this one please. Have a wonderful birthday :)

Rita
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

Although what they wrote is rude, to be honst I also feel you were slightly rude in asking them to send a hand written letter answering your questions.

Just my opinion.
Dakell
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dakell »

I wouldn't stop being a fan because of this, it doesn't make their acting worse. And like someone said, it really might not be them who are typing the letter, so you shouldn't blame them before you are sure that it really were they. If Danielle was angry at you, why didn't she tell Kay not to draw the heart? Even if it was they who wrote the letter, you shouldn't be mad. It is really great that they would type a letter, it takes them a long time answer personally to all their fans, it would be the same time you would spend writing many fan mails to different celebs. I appreciate the time they use, it would take longer to handwrite all letters. Sorry, but this was my opinion.
Bannier by Dakota Fanarts http://www.dakota-fanarts.fr.tc/
ChemicalsXreacT
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ChemicalsXreacT »

digi_girl wrote:In my opinion, their response doesn't make sense, because you DID sign the letter. if they were trying to be funny it didn't come out right at all..it came out rude..when someone writes you a nice letter, just because you're a celebrity and you're busy, doesn't warrant the right to be rude to people, especially someone who is a fan. i think she has a right to be ticked off and she can express it...on the other hand, they did send you an autograph which was a very nice gesture...maybe they were having a bad day or something..but we will never know exactly why they wrote that so there is no sense in analyzing it to death.. :)
thanoks for understanding

and it might be rude to request a hand written little memo or something but what about those people that send like 5 pics to send? and that isn't rude? I think thats rude... it never hurts to ask someone.. Since they aren't A-listers, I thought they might have had time, if not all they had to do was so say and I wouldn't have been bothered
How did we get here? I used to know you so well
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

I agree, when people send more than 3 photos, that's rude. . .

EDIT: If you said you signed it, why did they say you didn't? But who are they to say that anyway :|
autographgirl

Post by autographgirl »

Since you didn't sign your letter we thought it was perfectly fine to type ours and not sign it.... Happy Birthday
Kay and Danielle are both at college right now so maybe their agent put that or something.
they signed their names on the photo yes.. but that statement seemed very rude because all i asked was if they had time to please hand write a response andanswer a question...
You are no special than anyone else that writes them a letter, for all they no you're lying about it being your birthday.
You were lucky you got anything, the sprouse brothers don't send anything at all.
I mean I take the time to type out a nice letter, i even drew some smileys on it.. i was pretty hurt.. it was my real first success too.
You wanted them to HANDWRITE something and you didn't even handwrite your letter. You've learned a lesson now, never ask for more than the person(s) give out.
Total Autographs: 31
PP:9
Authentic:21
IP:1
I thought you said that this was your first real success?
I don't think they meant to be rude. Maybe they thought that you were only an autograph collector and not a fan and they didn't like your request. I've never asked a celebrity to handrwite something for me (apart from signing an autograph). Remember that you can't expect the answers you wanted! Celebrities are busy and you should be grateful seeing that they sent you an autograph and not a PP or autopen!
Francesca
Very well put Francesca
Obviously they meant to be rude if they said I didnt sign the pic when I just wrote my name at the bottom, I dont have a signature you have to admit it is rude to lie to someone who spent time and money to write to them
You should of just done cursive. How did they lie?
Im upset none of you are reading what I am saying, please read before posting

I am happy with the autograph

I am UPSET about the rude LIE
I'm reading the whole big post. I still don't understand what they lied about.
is that so hard compared to what they said? I mean I bought pretty much every movie the girls have been in, watch their shows on TV, I thought I supported enough to maybe have a nice reply, and I DID sign my letter.. thats why I don't understand why they said thats the reason they wouldn't reply personally, I wrote my name at the bottom in green ink.
You keep saying you didn't sign the letter but know you're saying you did?

All in All I think that you were lucky to get an autograph. I was very happy with my success from them they even answered my questions, typed! Well I hope you're having a good day!

I'm locking this topic as it has gone way to far!
The_Terrible_Toad_King
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by The_Terrible_Toad_King »

ok ive never even heard of The Panakers but dont you think its possible that the letter might have been typed up by a secretary and not The Panakers?

Perhaps they just sign the photos for people and the secretary types up the letters and not them which means it not the 2 actresses fault that you got a rude response.
Image Image