Wrestling Collectors?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
roulette
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Wrestling Collectors?

Post by roulette »

holy hell man, in the middle of a week long drought with absolutely 0 returns Wrestling relatede, MMA, or otherwise. gonna send out another batch of requests in the coming week (mostly mma) but also trying out a few of the new addresses i found the last few weeks. 0 expectations on the one i found for Big Show, but i figure it's at least worth a shot. Really hoping my the Chris Hero & Jay Brisco addresses turn out though.

I'm hoping that with ROH in Charlotte tonight that those of us with a request to Mr. Christopher Daniels will have a few returns coming. This hope is of course based off of the pattern of success that was last achieved following the previous ROH in Charlotte, NC show. Also, anyone try FCW for Joey Matthews\Mercury yet now that he's a trainer there?
wweboy21
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wweboy21 »

Hi, I am here to ask some advice from you guys if that's alright...
I have been searching for some WWE Star addresses lately and I think I may have found one:
1. Do I address the envelope to their real name or talent name?
2. Should I include a note to apologize if the address is not for the wrestler and I got it wrong- just in case?
3. What do you guys do/ send when you send to a new, untested address?
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Many, many thanks,
wweboy21
Justinsdad
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Justinsdad »

wweboy21 wrote:Hi, I am here to ask some advice from you guys if that's alright...
I have been searching for some WWE Star addresses lately and I think I may have found one:
2. Should I include a note to apologize if the address is not for the wrestler and I got it wrong- just in case?
Many, many thanks,
wweboy21
I always write to the real person. You can flip a coin on that one though, as far as the opinions you'll get here. But the way I feel about it, their character is someone they play when they go to work. If you're writing a letter to Jim Carrey, you wouldn't address it to Ace Ventura.

You can just add a little something in the opening of your letter. "I hope this gets to you alright and I've found the right person", then continue writing as you would if you know it's really them. If you show too little confidence in the address you're testing, and it turns out to be who you're looking for, and they're not in a mood to sign, then they have an out. "Well, they don't think this is the right address and thought they wouldn't get the stuff back anyway, so I'm not signing it".
I'm also a portrait artist!
Check out my work at:
http://facebook.com/ClintHedges/
wweboy21
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wweboy21 »

Thanks. That is some really good, helpful advice. I really like the point about Jim Carey- it's a really good way of putting it!
Thanks again, greatly appreciated,
wweboy21

Justinsdad wrote:
wweboy21 wrote:Hi, I am here to ask some advice from you guys if that's alright...
Many, many thanks,
wweboy21
I always write to the real person. You can flip a coin on that one though, as far as the opinions you'll get here. But the way I feel about it, their character is someone they play when they go to work. If you're writing a letter to Jim Carrey, you wouldn't address it to Ace Ventura.

You can just add a little something in the opening of your letter. "I hope this gets to you alright and I've found the right person", then continue writing as you would if you know it's really them. If you show too little confidence in the address you're testing, and it turns out to be who you're looking for, and they're not in a mood to sign, then they have an out. "Well, they don't think this is the right address and thought they wouldn't get the stuff back anyway, so I'm not signing it".
CubsFanKEC1982
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 »

Many, many thanks,
wweboy21
Never send anything you don't want to lose. Not even on a sure thing address.

The U.S. Postal Service can screw up mail in a moment and they aren't responsible for the mess they make.

Also, the note to apologize isn't necessary in my mind.

I normally don't address the envelope to their gimmick name because I've gotten return to senders on WWE talent, who were overseas doing a tour and apparently their letter carrier was unaware of their in-ring name because they wrote the real last name of the wrestler on the envelope and sent it back to me as "no such addressee."

At which point, I addressed another envelope to this wrestler's real name and got a success.

I do usually open the letter by addressing them as their character name, though.
wweboy21
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wweboy21 »

Ok. Thanks for your help.
Also, one more quick question:
What usually happens if you send to an untested address and it turns out that you got it wrong and the wrestler does not live/ work there? I suppose it's a RTS but I just wanted to ask out of curiosity.

wweboy21

CubsFanKEC1982 wrote:
Many, many thanks,
wweboy21
Never send anything you don't want to lose. Not even on a sure thing address.

The U.S. Postal Service can screw up mail in a moment and they aren't responsible for the mess they make.

Also, the note to apologize isn't necessary in my mind.

I normally don't address the envelope to their gimmick name because I've gotten return to senders on WWE talent, who were overseas doing a tour and apparently their letter carrier was unaware of their in-ring name because they wrote the real last name of the wrestler on the envelope and sent it back to me as "no such addressee."

At which point, I addressed another envelope to this wrestler's real name and got a success.

I do usually open the letter by addressing them as their character name, though.
CubsFanKEC1982
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 »

wweboy21 wrote:Ok. Thanks for your help.
Also, one more quick question:
What usually happens if you send to an untested address and it turns out that you got it wrong and the wrestler does not live/ work there? I suppose it's a RTS but I just wanted to ask out of curiosity.

wweboy21

Sad thing is that a lot of times it gets just tossed. Sometimes you get a RTS, but other times it ends up in the trash by the homeowner. Maybe write "Please return if wrong person, I have enclosed SASE" on the outside of the envelope.
slinky462
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by slinky462 »

what i usually do is when its a home address i write their legal name on the envelope but in the letter i address them as their wrestling name. Now if I am sending via venue then on the envelope i will put their wrestling name instead of their real name. I honestly think they prefer they like being called by their wrestling name instead of their real name. It shows more respect. I think the way they see it is that you dont know them as a person so you dont have the right to call me by my real name. If you met Undertaker in real life you would still call him the undertaker you wouldnt call him Mark. Thats just my two cents. But i hope you have the best of luck testing your addresses!!!!
Sell a man a fish feed him for a day....teach a man how to fish, lose a steady customer!
EverybodyLovesAutos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EverybodyLovesAutos »

To anyone one who wants a Zack Ryder autograph (I saw someone ask a couple days or so ago), if you buy his new shirt off of WWEShop.com and you tweet him a picture of you wearing it, he will follow you so you can DM him your address and will send you an autograph. I have not tried this but this is what he was tweeted.
Travis1251
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Travis1251 »

Just got back from the WWE event in Shreveport, Louisiana eventhough I didn't get any autographs tonight was just a weird night. Never have I been too the event where the heels were slapping hands with the fans. The ones i saw were Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, Ted Debaise and Alberto. Also some kid punched CM Punk in the eye and blooded it from what I was told.