Richard Griffiths Dissapointing Success avec Angry Letter :(

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Richard Griffiths Dissapointing Success avec Angry Lette

Post by MW1221 »

kimkarli wrote:Just got an angry letter from Richard Griffiths today, and it was for my TWELVE year old daughter. She just started her collection and so far has only Daniel Radcliffe and Alan Rickman. We have been waiting for the ones from the UK to start coming in. Today we got the first one..I recognized the UK stamps. I ran to my daughter's room and had her open it. We sent him 4 (4X6) photos and a very nice letter (which states she is in the sixth grade and just turned 12) she also wrote a lot of Uncle Vernon quotes, and a SAE with one dollar. He sent the photos back all unsigned with a page long letter RANTING about how does she expect him to drive to exchange the money and then to the post office and to keep to money and "as Spock says live long as prosper"??????????????????? And he is not a free international autograph service.
What an A****le!!!!!!
My daughter cried for over an hour and is devasted that "Uncle Vernon" hates her (her words).
BTW if he went and stood in line to send this RANTING letter could he have at least signed one photo? JERK!!!!!!!!!!
I will be writing him back to let him know that a BIG portion of HP fans are kids, so maybe he could not address his lunatic letters to them, who just want an autograph from the characters of their favorite movie series! Why reply at all??

I find it kind of funny that you say that he should've signed a photo if he was going to go through the trouble of writing back, where in this very thread are people saying that if he doesn't want the mail, he should return everything unsigned. You can't have it both ways.

Plus, my guess is that he knows about sites like this one and wants to get his point across (a point, I might add, which he has made in numerous other letters): Send nothing less than a SASE to him.

I understand some people don't have access to British stamps, but if you write without them, it should (by now) be common knowledge that he will not be happy with it.

It seems pretty simple: to keep him happy, send him a letter, SASE, and something to sign to his agency.

Sure he can be more polite about saying it, but he's probably sick of this happening.

To call him a jerk, seems a little extreme. If he looked your daughter up in a phonebook and out of nowhere sent her an angry letter, yes, that's a jerk. But instead, your daughter wrote to him OUT OF THE BLUE and asked several favors of him. Like I said, he could have been nicer, but he has every right to reply in any manner you see fit.

If your daughter doesn't like that, explain that. If that doesn't work, just tell her that he probably loved her letter so much, he decided to write to her in the character of Uncle Vernon.
Annataz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Annataz »

vivalakayla wrote:
kimkarli wrote:Why reply at all???
Right?! He had to stand in line to send the letter. What a loser. Who does he think he is? Rihanna?!
+1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He was just Uncle Vernon in the movie and this is his reaction with the fans?
He should think about Daniel Radcliffe first and all that letters that he received.
parlamentetfanErik
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by parlamentetfanErik »

kimkarli wrote:Just got an angry letter from Richard Griffiths today, and it was for my TWELVE year old daughter. She just started her collection and so far has only Daniel Radcliffe and Alan Rickman. We have been waiting for the ones from the UK to start coming in. Today we got the first one..I recognized the UK stamps. I ran to my daughter's room and had her open it. We sent him 4 (4X6) photos and a very nice letter (which states she is in the sixth grade and just turned 12) she also wrote a lot of Uncle Vernon quotes, and a SAE with one dollar. He sent the photos back all unsigned with a page long letter RANTING about how does she expect him to drive to exchange the money and then to the post office and to keep to money and "as Spock says live long as prosper"??????????????????? And he is not a free international autograph service.
What an A****le!!!!!!
My daughter cried for over an hour and is devasted that "Uncle Vernon" hates her (her words).
BTW if he went and stood in line to send this RANTING letter could he have at least signed one photo? JERK!!!!!!!!!!
I will be writing him back to let him know that a BIG portion of HP fans are kids, so maybe he could not address his lunatic letters to them, who just want an autograph from the characters of their favorite movie series! Why reply at all??

I have the same angry letter, funny that he can waste his postage on whise angry letters, that's just rude
Favourites; Elton John, Willem Dafoe, Willie Nelson, Bryan Cranston VV, Daniel Radcliffe VV, John Goodman VV, Rod Stewart, William H. Macy, Chris Pratt VV, Michael Bolton, Kevin Spacey VV, John Travolta (autnentic - VV), Bill Nighy VV, Kevin Costner VV, Michael Madsen, Peter Dinklage VV, Taylor Schilling VV, Jake Gyllenhaal VV, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Max Von Sydow, Alice Cooper VV, Julianne Moore VV, Helen Mirren VV, Gene Wilder, Michael C. Hall, Hank Jr, Roger Moore, Daniel Craig VV, Reba, Hugo Weaving VV, Ann-Margret, Thomas Haden Church VV, Billy Zane VV, Alan Rickman VV, Weird Al, Russell Crowe, Jerry Seinfeld VV, Will Ferrell VV, Michelle Williams VV, Toby Keith, Ian McKellen, Kathleen Turner VV, Tom Berenger, Robert Duvall, Joe Cocker, Rupert Grint VV, Ed Harris VV, Vanessa Redgrave VV, Alec Baldwin VV, Kirk Douglas, Michael Caine, Henry Cavill, Jason Lee, John Williams,
Big Ben
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Big Ben »

What an A****le!!!!!!

I'm sorry for your daughter :( just three words to add: HE'S A PRICK!
Comments on authenticity welcome!

Check out my website:

http://bens-autographs.webs.com/ - Don't forget to sign into my guest book, please :-)