MMA Collectors

Chat about UFC/MMA, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Tennis, and Soccer here.
Okami's Eggroll
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: MMA Collectors

Post by Okami's Eggroll »

Thats cool. He just acted like an overly arrogant prick on the show. My line of thinking is bravado and confidence is only natural...disrespect isnt cool. Im not a Bisping guy either. But if hes actually a cool guy, great. I think the UFC dealt him his walking papers thpugh with Hettes. Hes gotta be working on his BJJ black belt to prepare for that fight. I like Siler...im glad Siler didnt end up fighting Hettes.
bravesfan1515
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bravesfan1515 »

Okami's Eggroll wrote:Thats cool. He just acted like an overly arrogant prick on the show. My line of thinking is bravado and confidence is only natural...disrespect isnt cool. Im not a Bisping guy either. But if hes actually a cool guy, great. I think the UFC dealt him his walking papers thpugh with Hettes. Hes gotta be working on his BJJ black belt to prepare for that fight. I like Siler...im glad Siler didnt end up fighting Hettes.
Oh, I see where you are coming from. I actually didn't see him on the show. Like I said I am a fan but relatively new to following the sport so I have a lot of catching up to do. I am looking forward to his fight on UFC 152.
Signed Sports Illustrated Covers : 40

Sports Illustrated Covers Sent : George Foreman, Vince Young, RG3, Johnny Damon, Freddie Freeman, Ozzie Guillen, Joe Carter, Brian Wilson, Petyon Manning

Sports Illustrated Covers Received : Shaq, Trent Richardson, Tiger Woods, Dirk Nowitzki, Pat Summit, Phil Mickleson, Kellen Moore, Jerry Jones, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Mike Eruzione, Jim Tressel, Josh Hamilton, Mark Buhrle, Bo Jackson, Courtney Upshaw + Brad Smelley, Prince Wimbly + David Palmer + Antonio Langham + Derrick Lassic, Neil Caudle + Gene Chizik, Archie Manning, Colin Peek, Mark Lemke, Hulk Hogan, Stan Musial, Jerry West, Matt Weiters, Joey Votto, Jim Thome. Jim Leyland, John Calipari, Jordy Nelson, Rudy Ruettiger, Mark Cuban,Denard Robinson, Braxton Cave,Landry Jones,Philip Lutzencurchen, Terry Badshaw, Tyler Hansbrough, Jordyn Weiber, Robert Lester+Michael Williams+Carson Tinker, Boomer Esiason
Okami's Eggroll
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Unless hes improved drastically Marcus is a devastating stationary striker ala Rampage. But put him on his back and hes clueless. Now his opponent, Jimy Hettes is a BJJ freak and a highly regarded phenom. Hes not a big striker so Marcus would kill him standing but if it goes to the mat Hettes will suffocate him. It would drop Marcus to 1-2 which is dangerous. Just a bad draw for Marcus..Siler had him before Hettes went down with an injury.
bravesfan1515
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bravesfan1515 »

Okami's Eggroll wrote:Unless hes improved drastically Marcus is a devastating stationary striker ala Rampage. But put him on his back and hes clueless. Now his opponent, Jimy Hettes is a BJJ freak and a highly regarded phenom. Hes not a big striker so Marcus would kill him standing but if it goes to the mat Hettes will suffocate him. It would drop Marcus to 1-2 which is dangerous. Just a bad draw for Marcus..Siler had him before Hettes went down with an injury.

Thanks for the info. I knew who he was fighting but did not know Hettes' background. It will be interesting to see how the fight plays out.
Signed Sports Illustrated Covers : 40

Sports Illustrated Covers Sent : George Foreman, Vince Young, RG3, Johnny Damon, Freddie Freeman, Ozzie Guillen, Joe Carter, Brian Wilson, Petyon Manning

Sports Illustrated Covers Received : Shaq, Trent Richardson, Tiger Woods, Dirk Nowitzki, Pat Summit, Phil Mickleson, Kellen Moore, Jerry Jones, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Mike Eruzione, Jim Tressel, Josh Hamilton, Mark Buhrle, Bo Jackson, Courtney Upshaw + Brad Smelley, Prince Wimbly + David Palmer + Antonio Langham + Derrick Lassic, Neil Caudle + Gene Chizik, Archie Manning, Colin Peek, Mark Lemke, Hulk Hogan, Stan Musial, Jerry West, Matt Weiters, Joey Votto, Jim Thome. Jim Leyland, John Calipari, Jordy Nelson, Rudy Ruettiger, Mark Cuban,Denard Robinson, Braxton Cave,Landry Jones,Philip Lutzencurchen, Terry Badshaw, Tyler Hansbrough, Jordyn Weiber, Robert Lester+Michael Williams+Carson Tinker, Boomer Esiason
Okami's Eggroll
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Hettes has schooled Alex Caceras and Nam Phan previously. Not just beaten, schooled. Impressive track record. I believe hes well on his way to a title shot.
chip8989
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chip8989 »

Okami's Eggroll wrote:
chip8989 wrote:Okami's Eggroll--
You probably have the largest mma autograph collection in the world. Who do you not have that you want? How many are in your collection.
Its pretty big but i dont go to great lengths for foreign fighters unless i know they sign. So i dont have shogun cro cop or overeem.. id like them. Id like saku and badr hari. Id say siyar but im coordinating that now lol.
I would love Saku as well. It would seem someone would have set something up with him.

I have a couple Cro-Cops on UFC posters I purchased at events. He is a fav of mine as well and didn't mind spending a bit to get him.
phyteguru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by phyteguru »

Forrest Griffin is a good signer, his only issue is that he signs very sparingly. If you send to Xtreme Couture, it'll get signed but your return time could be 6 months or even a year... But eventually, I'd bet that it would come back.

DannyV: You're welcome.

UFC 1: Good luck with that one. I have a handful, but not near as many as you do. Though I have a lot of stuff from people in the first 10 UFC's. I have every hall of famer and every champion.

Jimy Hettes is the man. He's going to be one of the next big things. Five minutes before posting this, I would have said the same thing about Erick Silva. But he's fighting Jon Fitch - and Fitch could quite possibly derail him.

You guys might check out MMAgraphing.com - it's a great database and about 70 guys that share successes.
Check out my Collection
http://www.facebook.com/gurugrapher
-One Fight at a Time-
1391 UFC Fighter Autographs Obtained
132 To Go
Y2jones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Y2jones »

I have tried Forrest at Xtreme Couture, sent to him WELL over a year ago, and got nothing!
But I'm not trying to persuade anyone from trying for him ...I've seen recent successes from Clay Guida & Cain Velasquez and I've sent to both of them with no success!
chip8989
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chip8989 »

phyteguru wrote:Forrest Griffin is a good signer, his only issue is that he signs very sparingly. If you send to Xtreme Couture, it'll get signed but your return time could be 6 months or even a year... But eventually, I'd bet that it would come back.

DannyV: You're welcome.

UFC 1: Good luck with that one. I have a handful, but not near as many as you do. Though I have a lot of stuff from people in the first 10 UFC's. I have every hall of famer and every champion.

Jimy Hettes is the man. He's going to be one of the next big things. Five minutes before posting this, I would have said the same thing about Erick Silva. But he's fighting Jon Fitch - and Fitch could quite possibly derail him.

You guys might check out MMAgraphing.com - it's a great database and about 70 guys that share successes.
You said you have all the champions. Do you have Oleg Taktarov? I bought one on ebay but don't know about authenticity.

What about Kimo (I know he was not a champion)? I tried him on facebook and tried mailing letters.
If anyone has leads on these guys I would appreciate it.
phyteguru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by phyteguru »

He was a tournament champion... Not necessarily a belt holder. So I didn't mean it like that. I dont have Kimo either.

At one point, I got a hold of Olegs acting management, but once I replied back- they blew me off.
I guess, now I dont have Barao either.
Check out my Collection
http://www.facebook.com/gurugrapher
-One Fight at a Time-
1391 UFC Fighter Autographs Obtained
132 To Go