Finding autographs at Thrift Shops...yes, it does happen!!

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
nicole175
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Finding autographs at Thrift Shops...yes, it does happen

Post by nicole175 »

so my mom went to goodwill today while I was at class and found me a signed book :) I have never heard of the man tho and if it's real I googled him and found out a little info about about but can't find a copy of his autograph to compare it to

Dick Laan

Can someone help me out on this one :) lol
Most Wanted! 1.BSB,2.Miranda Lambert,3.Blake Shelton,4.Whole Twilight Cast,5.TNA & WWE Crew,6.Jason Aldean,7.Haley Mills,8.Bobby Jindale,9.Mercy Me,10.Aaron Carter
(if you have a working address to help with this plz pm letting me know thanks)
Made by me!
http://www.thegraphicsshop.co.cc/
site made and owned by me!
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

I too did some google searches, but nothing came up. I would have to say that is Authentic & looks to be a vintage signature and maybe worth something since several of his unsigned books alone are going for $40.00 on ebay!

RYAN J. 8)
nicole175
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nicole175 »

RYAN J. wrote:I too did some google searches, but nothing came up. I would have to say that is Authentic & looks to be a vintage signature and maybe worth something since several of his unsigned books alone are going for $40.00 on ebay!

RYAN J. 8)
this is all I can find about the info for the book its self
"Pinkeltje op zoek naar Klaas Vaak. Fingerling and the Sandman ... Translated by Margaret Baker. Illustrated by Hans Deininger"
I also found out from inside the book it was released in the us in 1961 so I would list that as vintage also lol
Most Wanted! 1.BSB,2.Miranda Lambert,3.Blake Shelton,4.Whole Twilight Cast,5.TNA & WWE Crew,6.Jason Aldean,7.Haley Mills,8.Bobby Jindale,9.Mercy Me,10.Aaron Carter
Made by me!
echoamaru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by echoamaru »

nicole175 wrote:
RYAN J. wrote:I too did some google searches, but nothing came up. I would have to say that is Authentic & looks to be a vintage signature and maybe worth something since several of his unsigned books alone are going for $40.00 on ebay!

RYAN J. 8)
"Pinkeltje op zoek naar Klaas Vaak. Fingerling and the Sandman ... Translated by Margaret Baker. Illustrated by Hans Deininger"
I also found out from inside the book it was released in the us in 1961 so I would list that as vintage also lol

Hey! Check this out for info on him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Laan

The wonders of wikipedia! :D

Congratulations! Great find! :D
CubsFanKEC1982
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 »

I came across a signed Newt Gingrich book and one autographed by Ralph Emery today at The Goodwill store. Didn't buy them, though. Still pondering that decision.
nicole175
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nicole175 »

echoamaru wrote:
nicole175 wrote:

RYAN J. 8)

Hey! Check this out for info on him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Laan

The wonders of wikipedia! :D

Congratulations! Great find! :D
I looked on there already not much info on his autograph tho so :?
Made by me!
echoamaru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by echoamaru »

nicole175 wrote: I looked on there already not much info on his autograph tho so :?
Nope.... as per your previous posts I thought we were still trying to work out who the chap was...
nicole175
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nicole175 »

echoamaru wrote:
nicole175 wrote: I looked on there already not much info on his autograph tho so :?
Nope.... as per your previous posts I thought we were still trying to work out who the chap was...
As of then I was but with a little more looking I found out all I needed to know but if it's real I still don't know but my gut is telling me it is so..
Made by me!
Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

So I went to a Goodwill Tuesday, and once again, I found a couple of great autographed books:
Philip Yancey is an American Christian author who has written over a dozen books. His books have sold over 14 million copies, making him one of the best-selling evangelical Christian authors ever.
Carman, gold and platinum award-winning Christian singer, actor and author. He has sold over 10 million records, and holds world records for largest solo Christian concerts(80,000 at one in NC!!). And yes, before anyone asks, the sig is real(there is bleed-through on the other side of the page he signed).
I'm VERY happy to find these!!
Last IP: Author Hilari Bell-Sept. 17, 2010
Favorite TTM Autographs: Pawn Stars Cast, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, Brett Rickaby, Lance Burton, Charlie Daniels, Oddities Cast, R.L. Stine, George Lopez, Dennis Quaid, John Carpenter, Amazing Kreskin, Dame Judi Dench, Casting Crowns, Justin Bieber, George Hardy, Electric Prunes, Robert LaSardo, Ozzy Osbourne, Jack Ketchum, Adrian Raeside, Brian Crane, Amon Amarth, Laura Bush, Daniel Tosh, Ted Alderman, Michael Phelps, Jay Leno, Judge Judy, Herb Alpert, Inna, 311, Larry Zerner, Wilco and Sylvia Lewis

Check out my new Autograph website: http://sydsautographs.webs.com/
Join my site NOW and be entered to win FOUR Authentic Autographs!! Drawing is on 1/30/11 at 5pm!!
nicole175
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nicole175 »

nice finds there ink&bones :) I went tues but didn't find anything I also went to another book sale here in town sat but none were signed and I wouldn't have paid the price even if they were they had 3 Bush sr books that had the pp auto in it and they want $20 bucks for ONE lol they are out of there minds lol
Made by me!