Some of my collection...

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
zipbags

Re: Some of my collection...

Post by zipbags »

Definitely go with 3x5 cards...Or if you plan on creating your own to mail. Try making them trading card size 3 1/2 x 2 1/2. Will save you even more space.

Good luck!
JWLJN
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JWLJN »

These are absolutely amazing.

I mainly collect wrestling and my mind is simply racing of the possibilities wrestling collectors such as myself could do with something like this...

Awesome work!

-J\/\/
zipbags

Post by zipbags »

I finally finished a matte that I started to collect the autographs for when the movie came out in 1996. But, over the years I couldn't get a few of the sigs and just lost interest. So when I started redoing my matte's. I gave this one another look and finally put it together.

Independence Day

JoshProductions
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JoshProductions »

Again, These are amazing! I have a question for you. I wanted to do one of all the living Daytona 500 Winners and Pole position winners which would have about 25 drivers each. Do you have any recomendations on how to do this?? (How to buy the same materials you used, How much money is involved, etc.)
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

zipbags wrote:Independence Day

Ack now this one I am jealous of! Bill Pullman! Jeff Goldblum! Judd Hirsch! Brent Spiner! Adam Baldwin! -dies-. It was actually on tv last night, still so brilliant :)
zipbags

Post by zipbags »

JoshProductions wrote:Again, These are amazing! I have a question for you. I wanted to do one of all the living Daytona 500 Winners and Pole position winners which would have about 25 drivers each. Do you have any recomendations on how to do this?? (How to buy the same materials you used, How much money is involved, etc.)
It doesn't have to be expensive. But, the main question is do you have the signatures and if yes..what are they? trading card, 8x10, 3x5 index card, etc?? If you do not have the signatures. See if you can find trading cards with their pictures to send to them. Trading cards are better since they are like 8x10's but don't have the giant size. If you don't have trading cards. You can make your own or just go with plain 3x5 cards. I used Paint Shop Pro to make them.
Once you have them try to put them together on a standard size frame (ie-24x36, 18x24,etc). This will avoid you having to spend $$ on a custom frame. A 32x40 size matte will cost about $8 from AC Moore. But, they have 40% coupons every week. You will also need a matte cutter. Its a special blade that comes with a metal ruler to make the cuts. I have a thread explaining how I do these mattes in this section of the forum.

Here is a custom card I made in a few minutes using PSP and finding some images on google...
Now with that white space. You can either cut it out and matte a signature behind it. Or if you can bring the card to the driver..have him sign it there.
zipbags

Post by zipbags »

This is another of the first autograph mattes that I created years ago for my daughters. I decided to redo it.

Last edited by zipbags on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
kissfan4life
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kissfan4life »

great collection {thumb2}
zipbags

Post by zipbags »

The 1990's version of the Untouchables tv show. Really a good show. Hopefully, it will come out on dvd.

zipbags

Post by zipbags »

Firefly....