Finding autographs at Thrift Shops...yes, it does happen!!

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
RYAN J.

Re: Finding autographs at Thrift Shops...yes, it does happen

Post by RYAN J. »

Never seen an example of his signature, But I do know that not many forgers would personalize an item, as that would decrease the value, so I'm pretty sure what you have their is authentic! :D Nice Find!

RYAN J. 8)
nicole175
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nicole175 »

your very right there Ryan the S and the T have me thinking it's real it cuz it kind of matchs the stamped one at the middle of the page
Most Wanted! 1.BSB,2.Miranda Lambert,3.Blake Shelton,4.Whole Twilight Cast,5.TNA & WWE Crew,6.Jason Aldean,7.Haley Mills,8.Bobby Jindale,9.Mercy Me,10.Aaron Carter
(if you have a working address to help with this plz pm letting me know thanks)
Made by me!
http://www.thegraphicsshop.co.cc/
site made and owned by me!
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tabby »

How do you find this stuff? I was at Goodwill and the Salvation Army for awhile today, at least a few hours and I didn't find anything signed. How do you pick which books to look through? Just grab a whole bunch and flip through them?
I mainly collect voice actor and Disney related autographs-Any questions with Disney successes/addresses? Feel free to PM me!
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Tabby wrote:How do you pick which books to look through? Just grab a whole bunch and flip through them?
Yep, Pretty much!! Though I usually scan through the autobiography section the most as that's where you'll find the celebrity ones.

It could be that someone in the back room sorts through them ahead of time and any ones that are signed get set aside and never put on the shelf, I know that's how some goodwill's work. then the employees can buy them.

RYAN J. 8)
nicole175
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nicole175 »

It's hit or miss either way the feel of the hunt is so much of a rush and when you find one all the rush of looking for one rushes to you all at once :) lol but yeah I just look at the names on the books and grab 2 at a time and start fliping
Most Wanted! 1.BSB,2.Miranda Lambert,3.Blake Shelton,4.Whole Twilight Cast,5.TNA & WWE Crew,6.Jason Aldean,7.Haley Mills,8.Bobby Jindale,9.Mercy Me,10.Aaron Carter
Made by me!
Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

Tabby wrote:How do you find this stuff? I was at Goodwill and the Salvation Army for awhile today, at least a few hours and I didn't find anything signed. How do you pick which books to look through? Just grab a whole bunch and flip through them?
Like Ryan said, autobiographys are a MUST to look thru. Then, if you've got the time, just start grabbing books and checking!! Seriously, you never know what book will be signed by who. I check everything, even religous books.
Last IP: Author Hilari Bell-Sept. 17, 2010
Favorite TTM Autographs: Pawn Stars Cast, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, Brett Rickaby, Lance Burton, Charlie Daniels, Oddities Cast, R.L. Stine, George Lopez, Dennis Quaid, John Carpenter, Amazing Kreskin, Dame Judi Dench, Casting Crowns, Justin Bieber, George Hardy, Electric Prunes, Robert LaSardo, Ozzy Osbourne, Jack Ketchum, Adrian Raeside, Brian Crane, Amon Amarth, Laura Bush, Daniel Tosh, Ted Alderman, Michael Phelps, Jay Leno, Judge Judy, Herb Alpert, Inna, 311, Larry Zerner, Wilco and Sylvia Lewis

Check out my new Autograph website: http://sydsautographs.webs.com/
Join my site NOW and be entered to win FOUR Authentic Autographs!! Drawing is on 1/30/11 at 5pm!!
nicole175
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nicole175 »

Ryan and ink&bones have you guys ever looked at the shrits to see if any of them are signed (like the band and tour ones) I was just thinking of that last night.

Ryan you were talking about not buying something when you should have. I remember one signed thing I saw at mine in the photos/frames part and I started looking at it I didn't know who the girl was but I could tell it was signed but I took it out of the frame and looked at the photo and at that min I saw it was a pp lol and they wanted 8 bucks for the frame it was in lol so I put it back and no I don't hate myself for not buying it so theres a little twist to talking about things you wish you had gotten with mine it's things I'm glad I didn't buy lol :mrgreen: :lol:
Made by me!
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tabby »

Thanks for the advice. Now I know where to look.
Nicole I had something like that happen to me recently. I was at Goodwill looking at the picture frames when I noticed this really nice one and it had an autograph inside of it. I had no idea who it was (some wrestler) but I looked more closely and discovered it was a preprint. I didn't buy it.
I mainly collect voice actor and Disney related autographs-Any questions with Disney successes/addresses? Feel free to PM me!
Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

nicole175 wrote:Ryan and ink&bones have you guys ever looked at the shrits to see if any of them are signed (like the band and tour ones) I was just thinking of that last night.

Ryan you were talking about not buying something when you should have. I remember one signed thing I saw at mine in the photos/frames part and I started looking at it I didn't know who the girl was but I could tell it was signed but I took it out of the frame and looked at the photo and at that min I saw it was a pp lol and they wanted 8 bucks for the frame it was in lol so I put it back and no I don't hate myself for not buying it so theres a little twist to talking about things you wish you had gotten with mine it's things I'm glad I didn't buy lol :mrgreen: :lol:
Yep, I've found signed shirts and ballcaps at the Goodwill in FL where I used to live. I can't remember who the sigs were of, but I think they were all sports autos. I've found signed CDs and record albums as well....again, can't remember who they were of. Damn I hate getting old..... :neutral:
Last IP: Author Hilari Bell-Sept. 17, 2010
Favorite TTM Autographs: Pawn Stars Cast, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, Brett Rickaby, Lance Burton, Charlie Daniels, Oddities Cast, R.L. Stine, George Lopez, Dennis Quaid, John Carpenter, Amazing Kreskin, Dame Judi Dench, Casting Crowns, Justin Bieber, George Hardy, Electric Prunes, Robert LaSardo, Ozzy Osbourne, Jack Ketchum, Adrian Raeside, Brian Crane, Amon Amarth, Laura Bush, Daniel Tosh, Ted Alderman, Michael Phelps, Jay Leno, Judge Judy, Herb Alpert, Inna, 311, Larry Zerner, Wilco and Sylvia Lewis

Check out my new Autograph website: http://sydsautographs.webs.com/
Join my site NOW and be entered to win FOUR Authentic Autographs!! Drawing is on 1/30/11 at 5pm!!
echoamaru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by echoamaru »

Found another one this weekend, a copy of a book signed by Terry Waite. The charity shop were selling it for a higher price, £8, as it was signed so I passed on this occasion, but I'm thinking about whether or not to go back for it...