Some of my collection...

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Zimmy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Some of my collection...

Post by Zimmy »

zipbags wrote:
Zimmy wrote:I think I am going to try one, but I will definitely have to try an easy one first!

:D
Thanks. Yes, start small...Even a one opening matte. Then work from there. Also, not sure if you saw this. But, here is a thread I made showing how I do my mattes (w/pictures). Hope it will help. viewtopic.php?f=114&t=134231
Thanks, ZipBags!
MileyFanDeniz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MileyFanDeniz »

Awesome basement ! {up} {up} {up} :D How can you get all this autographs and when you started to collect ?
Autographs Recieved: Katy Perry, Gordon Ramsay(PP), Jackie Chan, I'm In The Band cast(Disney XD)(I think PP), Summer Glau(Personalized), Jack Black, Jay Leno, Chloe Bridges(Personalized), INNA, Fedde LeGrand(IP), Isabel Lucas(Personalized), Rachel McAdams(Personalized)
zipbags

Post by zipbags »

MileyFanDeniz wrote:Awesome basement ! {up} {up} {up} :D How can you get all this autographs and when you started to collect ?
I started collecting early 90's. Started doing cast mattes with plain 3x5 cards around 1995. Then about 2yrs ago. I saw how cool signed trading cards looked. So I started making my own and sending them out. So all of the custom cards you see signed. Most were gotten in the past 2yrs.
zipbags

Post by zipbags »

Well crisis fixed. 2 weeks ago I get a call form my daughters at work saying a pipe was leaking from the ceiling in the basement. I rush home and see it leaking on my unframed Heroes matte that was on a table. The matte was soaked. Luckily, all of the cards were in plastic sleeves...So they remained undamaged. After a lot of work I was able to redo the matte and in the meantime a few more sigs came in.

Hoot
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hoot »

Hi, any chance we could please see pics of the gi joe in progress? I was just thinking about starting going after those too
zipbags

Post by zipbags »

Hoot wrote:Hi, any chance we could please see pics of the gi joe in progress? I was just thinking about starting going after those too
Its very early. I have custom cards out to a few people. I also have a 8x10 photo that I sent to Channing Tatum to a movie he is working on. The two smaller cards are Adewale Agbaje and Arnold Vosloo. They are very hard to get through the mail. So I was able to pick up official signed cards that they did for the Mummy a few years ago and then just matted them.

Hoot
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hoot »

way way cool thanks for the sneak peak!
dogwood34
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dogwood34 »

How did you get Sean Connery's autograph?
zipbags

Post by zipbags »

dogwood34 wrote:How did you get Sean Connery's autograph?
I got his from a UACC registered dealer.
zipbags

Post by zipbags »

Special Unit 2. Just waiting for one more sig.

Just redid my Smallville matte. When all the sigs come in. It will be around 100 signatures. Even got a Christopher Reeve sig to matte with a Virgil Swan custom card. Will post pic soon.