Personalized or Not?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.

Personalized or Not?

You may select 1 option

View results

drewsdarlin
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Personalized or Not?

Post by drewsdarlin »

I'm new here but I perfer personalized autographs.
lbunny14
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by lbunny14 »

I am new to collecting autographs but if I had the choice I'd like mine personalized. To me, its not about whats its worth in the future. Its the personal value to me that makes it worth its weight gold ;) But while I'm here, as I am new, i am wondering, is it rude to ask a celebrity to personalize an autograph? I'd really like to request in a letter but don't want to offend or put them off.

thank you xxxxxxx
rushbabies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rushbabies »

I'd rather thom not be personalized. Although I don't let it bother me if they are. One reason I don't really like them because you can read the personalization better than the other persons name. Autographs now adays are pretty sloppy.
charliestcloud
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by charliestcloud »

I prefer them to be personalized. I like to think that the celeb bothered to learn my name even if it was for just 3 seconds lol.
*~When you're heart is in you're dreams, no request is to extreme!!~*
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Autograp ... 0176062093
My MOST Wanted: LIAM HEMSWORTH!!!
stateofgreen
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by stateofgreen »

charliestcloud wrote:I prefer them to be personalized. I like to think that the celeb bothered to learn my name even if it was for just 3 seconds lol.
I agree with this. I'm slightly new here, but most all of the autographs I've sought have been personalized.
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by goswannies »

I prefer personalized. I usually send 2 items (one for the celeb to keep, one for me) or three (one for the celeb, one not personalized, one personalized).

Obviously if I'm planning to give it as a gift, I'd want it not personalized (to me) or yes personalized to the person.

Not personalized increases it's trade value (I prefer never to sell autographs).

I like it when stars who don't like to sign will sign only if it is personalized so that re-sale is less likely. I've met a few like that.
superbowl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superbowl »

I prefer personalized, for me it really shows that whoever is signing cares that much more. I am perfectly happy with just a signature, but the personalization is a nice bonus.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky

Check out my site: http://myttmmailday.blogspot.com/

I post all of my TTM successes and pictures on there.

***Want to help the less fortunate? Now you can, for every time that you click an ad on my website, all of the money made will be donated to charity. It takes virtually no time at all to help. If you go to my site and want to help out, just click a few ads and help the less fortunate. My goal is to raise $100 by for people that are less fortunate than us. Thanks a ton!!!***

Also, I still haven't decided which charity I'm going to donate to. I was looking at heifer, but heard some negative things. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks for all of your help.
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by goswannies »

I just saw the musical Wicked - awesome show! - and am trying to get some 15x10cm photos signed by the 6 main cast members to have them framed with my ticket stub. 4 down so far. I asked if they'd personalize. All 4 have so far. One wrote a lengthy note after the dedication, while another wrote a lengthy note on the back of the picture, with a much shorter dedication on the front. Not sure if so many dedicated autographs would look silly in a frame on the wall.
CandyLover92
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CandyLover92 »

It doesn't really matter to me. If I get an autograph in the mail, I don't really care if it's personalized or not, as long as the signature is authentic. An authentic signature without personalization is still as special to me as one with a personalization is.

My latest success is from Sarah Palin through the mail. I sent her an 8x10 photo that I had mailed online to Walgreen's to print out. It is a recent photo. I also sent her a letter to show my support for her and I asked her politely to sign the photo. Within 12 days, I received the photo back signed. It's not personalized, but I treasure it just as much as I would a personalized one. She wrote her whole name in big silver letters. I know that it's authentic too. I know that there will probably be at least one user here that will say that it's auto pen or secretarial, but frankly, I don't care what anybody else says about it. All that matters is that I believe that it's real and I'm extremely happy with it. I saw a recent signature that she did in person during her bus tour and it matches mine really well. I can also tell that mine isn't auto pen since it's really neat and there are no dots or any other things on it that would match how an auto pen signature would look.
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by goswannies »

CandyLover92 wrote:My latest success is from Sarah Palin through the mail. She wrote her whole name in big silver letters. I know that it's authentic too. I know that there will probably be at least one user here that will say that it's auto pen or secretarial, but frankly, I don't care what anybody else says about it. All that matters is that I believe that it's real and I'm extremely happy with it. I saw a recent signature that she did in person during her bus tour and it matches mine really well. I can also tell that mine isn't auto pen since it's really neat and there are no dots or any other things on it that would match how an auto pen signature would look.
I would doubt she would autopen. I think the only people who autopen are those that are absolutely inundated with autograph requests. A list actors. Top sports people. Secretarial maybe. But secretarials often don't match the in-persons very well, so you've got a good comparison there :)