Historical Autographs

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Historical Autographs

Post by Shambler »

afem1010 wrote: I really hope to get autographs of very well know authors such as Charles Dickens and so forth
Now THOSE are some autographs I'd love - Dickens, Oscar Wilde, Samuel Beckett, Siegfried Sassoon etc.. pity they've all died :?
I wouldn't purchase their autographs though, I'm funny like that about being sure of the authenticity. Was thinking about collecting famous political figures but I don't know if I have the energy lol - if anyone's writing to Nelson Mandela, he only signs if you make a considerable donation to his charity. This is what his secretary said to my dad when he phoned her.
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
classictvguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by classictvguy »

Does anybody have addresses for Col. Mark Tillman, James Leavelle, and Clint Hill? I noticed a few people in this thread had their autographs. I am interested in contacting them.
classictvguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by classictvguy »

I found an address for James Leavelle, but still- Does anybody have an address for Col. Mark Tillman and Clint Hill?
kurt2997
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kurt2997 »

I currently have:

Harry Patch
William Stone (WWI Veterans)
Henry Allingham

Millvina Dean (Titanic Survivor)

Maragret Thatcher
Tony Blair (Ex Prime Ministers)

I am currently compiling a book of WWII veterans. If anyone is interested in buying any of the above autographs apart from Henry Allingham, then PM me and maybe we could work something out. Cheers!
Findus
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Findus »

Hello :D ,

I´m searching for Addresses of the last veterans of WWI and their autographs respectively.

Can someone help me?

I´m from Germany, so my english may not be perfect.
AutoHound
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AutoHound »

I certainly don't have as large of a collection as some people on here, but I'm pretty satisfied with what I've got. http://picasaweb.google.com/alburley/Ce ... Autographs
If you'd like any advice, feel free to PM me. Half the fun is in the hunt...
"A picture of love beneath the southern sky
Oh my what a beautiful life
Just like a Dixie lullaby"

I am a collector of autographs of people in the space exploration,
science and technology, academia, and national award winners (Nobel Prize, CMOH, etc.)
Siggy compliments of Hangman... :-D

My Collection: http://picasaweb.google.com/alburley/CelebrityAutographs
HappyHue
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by HappyHue »

Anyone else get any?
Go Cubs!
jrc26
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jrc26 »

I just purchased Dean Rusk(Secretary of State JFK) and Dean Acheson (Secretary of State under Truman and special advisor to JFK during the Cuban Missile Crisis). They are both passed on which is why I purchased them. I am trying to complete the entire Cabinet/Advisors to Kennedy during the Cuban Missile Crisis. I already have the 2 only living members Robert McNamara and Ted Sorenson.

Nice collections everybody. I started a topic like this a while back then lost track of it. Keep the information and successes coming!
HitchcockFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by HitchcockFan »

I have been a collector of celebrity autographs for 4 years. Now I am beginning to collect historical autographs.
Right now I am concentrating on the following people/categories:
• The famous V-J Day Life Magazine photograph
• The few remaining witnesses to Bonnie and Clyde’s infamous crime spree
• The last member of Houdini’s magic troupe
• The last crew member of the Hindenburg or any remaining witnesses
• Freedom Riders

The hardest part is tracking down addresses for some of the very obscure people. If anyone is already collecting a category, I would like to here about your successes and/or failures (exluding the first bullet point, which I have already made a thread about here: http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 4&t=137379).

I have also given some thought to the following categories, but I am not too sure about collecting from them:

• Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s Assassination (witnesses)
• The Kennedy Assassination (witnesses, law enforcement- excluding James Leavelle, whose autograph I already have.)

Any help I could get from more experienced collectors in any of these fields would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

HitchcockFan
confuzzledgirl94
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by confuzzledgirl94 »

I would love to write to a veteran. My grandfathers were both veterans, but they have both passed now. Anyone have any?