who is the worst celebrity to meet

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
LGPSG
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: who is the worst celebrity to meet

Post by LGPSG »

smoxsamantha wrote:Out of all of the celebs I've met, I'm quite embarrassed to say that the worst was Freddie Prinze, Jr.
just looked at the photo in your sig, and you've met some really awesome people, wow! congrats!! : ) quite dissapointed that FP jnr. isn't so nice IRL, though!
My Autographs: Britney Spears VV, Woody Allen IP, Will Young, Kiera Knightley, Meg Cabot, Jackie Chan, Darren Shan, Zoe Wanamaker, Cameron Diaz, Angela Rippon IP, Piper Perabo, Arthur C. Clarke (via neighbor), S Club 7 (purchased), Julia Stiles VV, Ben Barnes, Catherine Zeta-Jones VV, Frank Abagnale Jr., Ingrid Michaelson IP + TTM Q&A, Greg Laswell IP, Allie Moss IP, Shia LaBeouf, Melissa Joan Hart, Gemma Arterton VV, Joshua Radin + Q&A, Katie Melua, Colbie Caillat, Pete Docter, Amanda Seyfried, Edward Monkton, Craig David, Lalaine, Drew Seeley, The Staves (purchase), Seal, Amy Studt IP, God of Carnage Playbill (inc. Lucy Liu), Nicholas Hoult, Michelle Branch IP, Lise Myhre, Dev Patel + Q&A, Keane VV, Sienna Miller, Matt LeBlanc VV (!!!), Travis (purchased), Vanessa Williams VV

A big thank-you to the kind, talented individuals who have replied to me : )
popatemyheart
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by popatemyheart »

Admittedly, I haven't met a great deal of celebs, but the ones I have, have all actually been very lovely - at least all very polite.
I really wanna meet Randy Orton and John Cena though from WWE but i've heard both are quite rude! Can anyone confirm this? I dont really wanna try and meet them just to have my ideas of them crushed lol!!
To me, the nicest person i've met was Courtney Love from Hole, she was arriving at her gig and got out of the car, said hi, signed my CD and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek - she really is lovely!
Chris Fountain from Dancing On Ice/Hollyoaks was lovely too - he had 2 pics with me :)
Favourite Autographs: Henry Cavill, Emilia Clarke, Kit Harrington, Michelle Fairley.

Currently Collecting: 'Game of Thrones' cast.

Most Wanted: Tom Hiddleston.
velvetgold
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by velvetgold »

bud simpson wrote:AGAIN.
Don't judge a celebrity by one encounter. Everybody has his or her's bad day.
Very true.

Its easy to forget this though, when its YOUR only moment to meet them, ya know? For them its just one bad day, but for the fan, its their one encounter thats ruined. And thats all you have to base your opinion on, unfortunately.

I heard diva stories about Adam Lambert until I actually met him myself and he was the sweetest person EVER.

But ah! I love reading all these stories yet they make me cringe!! :shock: :lol:

Everyone I've ever met has been nothing but super kind except for one.... ARETHA FRANKLIN. Not to be mean, but I think her weight gets her frustrated. She has a really tough time walking from point A to point B. Anyway, my friend & I waited for her near the entrance she was going in for her performance that evening. This was like, 4 hours before show time so she was walking into the venue slowly and all relaxed, and I politely called out to her "Ms. Franklin, I am such a huge fan, may I please have your autograph?" while holding out my photo. She was literally right in front of me, and said "sorry, I can't". ??? I was pretty peeved. Yes, it was my choice to wait there for her, but honestly, it was just me and my one friend there. It's not like there was a huge crowd. Sorry you can't what? Pick up my marker and write your name? She was pretty nice about it, she didn't say it in a rude way, but I am seriously puzzled to this day, as to why she apparently couldn't. ESPECIALLY when we heard that at her performance the previous night, she was signing for fans left and right. Honestly, some celebs have no idea how much a simple gesture can make someone's day. And it really does ruin the image I have of that celebrity afterwards. Rejecting fans in such a situation can really cause a celebrity to lose fans.
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by 5150 »

Batista from the WWE. I waited in a que for over 9 hours to meet him, he arrived over an hour late with 6 security guards, refused to speak or have pictures taken and didn't say a word the whole time. He also left 40 minutes early.

John Cena is always pleasent to his fans. He seems one of the only main eventers in the WWE that seem to realise where he came from and how he got there.
woa
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by woa »

Thomas Jane used to be real nice and have a great sense of humor. Met him a ton of times. But his recent success has gone to his head and the last few encounters have been complete crap. He is now to good to talk to me (and others as well). I just raz him now when I see him. After all he is only like 3 feet tall. ;-)
Last edited by woa on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

velvetgold wrote:

But ah! I love reading all these stories yet they make me cringe!! :shock: :lol:

Everyone I've ever met has been nothing but super kind except for one.... ARETHA FRANKLIN. Not to be mean, but I think her weight gets her frustrated. She has a really tough time walking from point A to point B. Anyway, my friend & I waited for her near the entrance she was going in for her performance that evening. This was like, 4 hours before show time so she was walking into the venue slowly and all relaxed, and I politely called out to her "Ms. Franklin, I am such a huge fan, may I please have your autograph?" while holding out my photo. She was literally right in front of me, and said "sorry, I can't". ??? I was pretty peeved. Yes, it was my choice to wait there for her, but honestly, it was just me and my one friend there. It's not like there was a huge crowd. Sorry you can't what? Pick up my marker and write your name? She was pretty nice about it, she didn't say it in a rude way, but I am seriously puzzled to this day, as to why she apparently couldn't. ESPECIALLY when we heard that at her performance the previous night, she was signing for fans left and right. Honestly, some celebs have no idea how much a simple gesture can make someone's day. And it really does ruin the image I have of that celebrity afterwards. Rejecting fans in such a situation can really cause a celebrity to lose fans.
Sorry about that :s But your 100% right- I do not know if you have heard of her, but English actress Gemma Arterton actually wrote a note back to me! Not only did it absolutely make my day, I am now a fan of hers for life!
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
dogsoldierspoon
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dogsoldierspoon »

I haven't met many celebrities that were really rude. Many were very nice, others just didn't have to say very much (but then again, I often don't really know what to say so that's okay).

Worst encounter was without a doubt William Shatner. I'm not a fan of his (never watched Star Trek) but my dad asked me to get his autograph for him when he was at a convention. Guy didn't even look at me, to think he charged 100€! for an autograph. Total douchebag. I'm glad he wasn't my childhood hero, would've damaged my memories.
Corriefan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Corriefan »

I went to Manchester recently and met several Coronation Street stars outside the gates of Granada Studios and one was particularly rude, Anthony Cotton. He was talking to another Corrie colleague and as soon as she walked off he accelerated very fast out of the gate and looked straight ahead, almost crashing into the car in front.

Usually they wave if they dotn stop as they do not have to stop but to make it so obvious like he did. Seems some cant handle the fame but we pay their bills and they have to expect it when they are in the public eye.