What was the last movie you saw in theaters? Rate & Discuss

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
lizane

Re: What was the last movie you saw in theaters? Rate & Discuss

Post by lizane »

Angels & Demons
6 / 10

Today I went to see "Angels & Demons", but I weren't expecting too much. I absolutely loved "The Da Vinci Code", and it still is one of my top favourite films and to me, was much better than the book. {??} However, I never really liked "Angels & Demons" as much as "The Da Vinci Code" when I first read it two years ago - it felt like I was reading a book about "The Terminator". :lol:

The film was just OK, it wasn't amazing or anything. I personally think "The Da Vinci Code" is a much better film: the characters were much more interesting and the plot was so intriguing and unique, whereas "Angels & Demons" is just ordinary. :neutral: I was upset about how the filmmakers changed the characters from the book and I feel they left out many important parts, which could've made the film much better than it is. {down} It never really felt like I was watching the sequel to "The Da Vinci Code", which is another negative thing about this film. Even though I read the book, I was still confused about certain parts of the film.

The acting was good, but just average really: Ewan McGregor did well as Camerlengo Patrick McKenna, although I still feel he was not the right choice for the part (I'm still a huge fan of his!) and Ayelet Zurer did fine as Vittoria Vetra. Tom Hanks is the perfect Robert Langdon, as always. {up}

All in all, just an average film - still entertaining enough though! {thumb2} And it was refreshing to hear "The Da Vinci Code" actor Alfred Molina narrate the beginning of the film. :mrgreen: Quite entertaining film if you're bored. But I'd much rather just watch my "The Da Vinci Code" DVD tonight... ;-)
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

Star Trek. 8/10. As a life long Trekkie, I knew I'd love it. It misses out on 10/10 for a few "huh" moments. Namely: bald, tattooed Romulans, for no reason, and the "mining ship" which looks fricking terrifying. I get that you're supposed to be scared, but come on... it's a mining ship! But still, hilarious, moving (A+ for Chris Hemsworth at the beginning, always loved him as Kim in Home & Away). Karl Urban rocks my socks as Bones. Uhura... not so keen on. I did quite like the Uhura/Spock angle though. Just cause Vulcans dont show emotions doesnt mean they dont feel them. Despite being the only one who didnt look much like the original, I loved Pavel! He had the voice down totally.
mynx0387 wrote:Batman The Dark Knight. I was a sheltered Kid so I've never seen any of the other ones. But I think this was a good first.
I know someone who was in that :)
Chrissy

Post by Chrissy »

Push- 5/10
Horrible movie in my opinion. Left me sitting there confused and really unsurprised. Dakota Fanning was the best thing in this movie. Other than that, not bothering to watch this again.
Thank you -Lil1- for the siggie set!
seb88
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by seb88 »

Terminator Salvation - 7/10

Christian Bale and Sam Worthington made the movie imo. Great performances from both. The movie itself was great, a perfect action movie with great special effects, lots of explosions etc. etc. Remains to be seen if it's as good as the upcoming Transformers movie. Judging by the trailers they are very much alike. Will be fun to see who beats the other at the box office when Transformers is out! :D
-britneyfan-
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by -britneyfan- »

Star Trek 8/10
I was pleasantly surprised cos I've never been into Star Wars or Star Trek and that kinda stuff. The movie was great and it had some nice funny parts too. Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto among others were really good in this movie.

He's Just Not That Into You 6/10
Was a bit slow and slighty boring at times but otherwise ok. I liked Justin Long's performance. :)

17 Again 8/10
I really enjoyed this movie, so funny! :lol: Zac Efron was truly amazing in my opinion.

Terminator Salvation 5/10
Was a dissapointment... Sooo boring though it had some good parts but they didn't last too long. :( Christian Bale and some others did a good job but there were some actors that didn't do such a good job, not even close.

Mammoth 8/10
I really liked this movie. It had an amazing cast. The best movie from the five movies I've seen last.
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

The Hangover = HILARIOUS. Pretty crude, but not as much as Superbad. If you want a good laugh I consider seeing this. :razz:
Taio
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Taio »

Angels and Demons - Yes, it was brilliant. But you have to be able to concentrate...better off reading the book first to get the jist of things though. :)
Twilight/NarniaFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Twilight/NarniaFan »

The last few movies were:

Twilight!!
That movie is amazing & I can't wait for new Moon. :D

Monsters vs Aliens!!
It was really funny and the animation was good. :)
sandra053
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sandra053 »

my last move was UP, the movie about the house tied to balloons etc. :)
i loved this movie, i found funny, cute, good idea,sad in some parts and good animation, so i recommend seeing this movie!

8/10 :D
betty*fan

Post by betty*fan »

Night at the museum 2 very funny and great loved it! 9/10 for me! :D