Finding autographs at Thrift Shops...yes, it does happen!!

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
southern_daisy25
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Finding autographs at Thrift Shops...yes, it does happen

Post by southern_daisy25 »

Ok, this wasn't in a Thrift Shop, but at a flea-market. I was looking through a box of hardback books (they were just 50 cents each...and I absolutely love to read). I seen a copy of Vittorio: The Vampire by Anne Rice. Right away I bought it, because I love to read her books. When I got home I was surprised to see that she had actually signed it in purple ink! It's on a book plate sticker thingy. Anyway I thought it was super cool and for only 50 cents too!

Sorry it is a bit blurry, it's hard to scan pages in a book.
I have checked it against other signatures from her and it looks authentic to me! :mrgreen:
What do you think?
"It's Just A Jump To The Left... And Then A Step To The Right...With Your Hands On Your Hips, You Bring Your Knees In Tight...But It's The Pelvic Thrust, That Really Drives You Insane...LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!"
vjw0307
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by vjw0307 »

southern_daisy25 wrote:Ok, this wasn't in a Thrift Shop, but at a flea-market. I was looking through a box of hardback books (they were just 50 cents each...and I absolutely love to read). I seen a copy of Vittorio: The Vampire by Anne Rice. Right away I bought it, because I love to read her books. When I got home I was surprised to see that she had actually signed it in purple ink! It's on a book plate sticker thingy. Anyway I thought it was super cool and for only 50 cents too!

Sorry it is a bit blurry, it's hard to scan pages in a book.
I have checked it against other signatures from her and it looks authentic to me! :mrgreen:
What do you think?

It looks fairly similiar to the authentic I got from her last year...
http://s900.photobucket.com/albums/ac21 ... 7dbd2f.jpg
nicole175
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nicole175 »

JonAQ wrote:So today's find wasn't from a thrift store. I was at a local book sale and found this..

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i34 ... tAngle.jpg

A copy of "It's True It's True!" AUTOGRAPHED by Kurt Angle!

The only bad thing is it's personalized to "Ryan" lol. I could always just put a sticky note over top the name...lol.

I'm seriously happy/surprised/excited with this. Definitely not what I was expecting to find today.
Wow shocking fine tho I do love my in person I got earlier this year. Went to a book sale this morning tho I didn't find nothing signed tho I did find some books I have been looking for so I guess it was a win win anyway lol
Most Wanted! 1.BSB,2.Miranda Lambert,3.Blake Shelton,4.Whole Twilight Cast,5.TNA & WWE Crew,6.Jason Aldean,7.Haley Mills,8.Bobby Jindale,9.Mercy Me,10.Aaron Carter
(if you have a working address to help with this plz pm letting me know thanks)
Made by me!
http://www.thegraphicsshop.co.cc/
site made and owned by me!
JonAQ

Post by JonAQ »

I was at a thrift store a few months ago and saw a Rupert Grint picture in a frame on one of the shelves. My heart skipped a beat and I rushed back to it, thinking it might have been autographed, but it wasn't :oops: lol

Waiting for: Georges St-Pierre, Matt Hamill, Chuck Liddell, Alexandra Daddario, Kevin McKidd, Frank Oz, Scott Foley, Ben Barnes, Henry Winkler, Rory Culkin, Mark Williams, Michael Gambon, Julie Walters, Kenny Baker.

My website-
http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i343/JonAQ/
echoamaru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by echoamaru »

Woo hoo! Happy Christmas to me! :0) Found an autographed copy of Ranulph Fiennes autobiography "Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know" in my local charity shop. £1.50 - yes, please! :D
JWLJN
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JWLJN »

About two months ago I picked up signed Steve Allen and Dave Thomas books at a church book sale for about $7 for the pair. Went when the sale opened and noticed a box that said "signed books." Figured there wouldn't be any celebs, but sure enough there they were. Neither are really rare or anything, but cool to have!

-J\/\/
TheBestKatyPerryFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheBestKatyPerryFan »

Ive found SO many autographs at goodwill ive found official signed jerseys i get for $5 and i sold one for... $400 all worth it. i look in the mens section first theres always jerseys and what do you know there may be a signed one ive found 19 signed jerseys this MONTH so it is possible! Feel free to ask for advice im 17 and have made thousands off of goodwill!
DiamondDave
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by DiamondDave »

Picked this up at the Salvation Army store today. It matches a purchased one I have from his website.
Cost? $1.63

Trolls be gone!
NatashaH
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by NatashaH »

I found a hardcover copy of "The Fault in Our Stars" signed by John Green a few months ago for $16.