How do you store your autographs?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
SophieBooty
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: How do you store your autographs?

Post by SophieBooty »

I keep mine in a big photo album,

Under those sleeves that stick into place so they don't move around or get damaged,

The photo album was £10, but well worth it as I know my autographs are always safe.

Sophie {up}
beecs
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Autograph Storage

Post by beecs »

Hello, I am sorry if I have put this in the worng place but I was wondering how you all store your autographs because I cannot find anything acid-free to keep mine in.

I live in the United Kingdom and I was wondering if the more experienced among you (or anyone for that matter) could tell me of some online stores or High street stores where I could purchase these Autograph Albums?

Thanks for any help!!!

-Rebecca :D
autograph-collector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autograph-collector »

I store my autographs in a acid free memory book,so everyone can see them . {thumb2}
louisemarie1983
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by louisemarie1983 »

i do it the same as you put them into pockets and into a folder, i did start doing it in photo frames but it cost to much
ffion176

Post by ffion176 »

I Just Have Mine In Binders Under My Bed So They Are Out Of The Sun ! Xx

Ffion X
KCH1897
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Autograph Storage

Post by KCH1897 »

beecs wrote:Hello, I am sorry if I have put this in the worng place but I was wondering how you all store your autographs because I cannot find anything acid-free to keep mine in.

I live in the United Kingdom and I was wondering if the more experienced among you (or anyone for that matter) could tell me of some online stores or High street stores where I could purchase these Autograph Albums?

Thanks for any help!!!

-Rebecca :D
Hi Rebecca
W.H.Smiths keep the acid free sleeves in A4 & A5 these fit into
any ringbinder , i got some last week to keep some of my autographs in and they aren't expensive
lizam
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by lizam »

If you put the autograph in a plastic sleeve before you framed it would it help protect it or would the autograph still be able to stick to the glass or plastic?
smoxsamantha
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by smoxsamantha »

I keep all of my autographed photos in folders. For pictures that are A4 or smaller than 8x10, I have them in a normal folder and for my 8x10 photos, i use a "better binder" from staples and keep them in plastic sleeves from staples too and are stored in alphabetical order.
Beau
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Beau »

To me it depends who's it from. I have a picture of my mom and a dutch tv host/musical star, and he has singed it for her. Since my mom died a few years ago, I have put the picture in a frame. It's on the wall in my living room. Just because it ment a lot to her, it does to me to.

For my own autographs, I keep them in a photo-album. But I have only just starting to collect International autographs, ( so far I haven't got any, but I hope to recieve my first very soon) so maybe when I get on that means a lot to my, I will put it in a frame ass well. I also keep the addresses in a rolodex that is just for the addresses. I like it organised I guess.

LOL
beecs
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Autograph Storage

Post by beecs »

Hi Rebecca
W.H.Smiths keep the acid free sleeves in A4 & A5 these fit into
any ringbinder , i got some last week to keep some of my autographs in and they aren't expensive

Hey, thankyou so much I am heading into town tomorrow so I am going to get some!!!