Comic Book Collectors

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
rittdk01
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Comic Book Collectors

Post by rittdk01 »

legendwithoutaname wrote:I dislike when some commissions take forever and others no time at all.

I just feel that if I am willing to pay you hard earned cash, at-least keep me in the loop on a real time-frame.

I am not and will not name names
If the artist has a bunch to do I normally have them add me to the list and when they are ready to start my drawing they email me and then I pay. Many times they even send me a rough sketch so I know they are ready to work.

Still waiting on my Greg LaRocque Zatanna that was supposed to have been here on Friday or Sat (that was the delivery time he put on Ebay anyway).

Feel free to name names though Im sure their not reading this. And if they are maybe they will get to work on your drawing ;)
JasonS
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JasonS »

Since we are on the topic of commisions and sketches; has anyone heard of this scum bag - Rob Granito?

For years Rob has pimped himself as a comic artist who has worked with some of the biggest names in comics. He claims he worked on titles like Teen Titans, Batman, did a DC stamp for the USPS, and the biggest lie was that he did ghost work on Calvin and Hobbes with Bill Waterson. Problem was not one of the people who did work on those ever heard of him. He got caught in his lies but not after stealing loads of money over the years from hard working collectors who thought they were buying art work from a legitomite (this is spelled wrong for a reason-it is how he spells it) artist, but he was in fact tracing others artists work and selling it as his.

Check out these links....
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/03/2 ... am-artist/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/05/19/ ... +Rumors%29
Use google before you ask. Seriously.
klingonmaquis
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by klingonmaquis »

Granito....yep he is scum.
Scifi, comic books and a few other areas are my interests in autograph collecting. If you want to talk feel free to pm me.
darryl-zero
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by darryl-zero »

That bleeding cool interview was hilarious.
JasonS wrote:Since we are on the topic of commisions and sketches; has anyone heard of this scum bag - Rob Granito?

For years Rob has pimped himself as a comic artist who has worked with some of the biggest names in comics. He claims he worked on titles like Teen Titans, Batman, did a DC stamp for the USPS, and the biggest lie was that he did ghost work on Calvin and Hobbes with Bill Waterson. Problem was not one of the people who did work on those ever heard of him. He got caught in his lies but not after stealing loads of money over the years from hard working collectors who thought they were buying art work from a legitomite (this is spelled wrong for a reason-it is how he spells it) artist, but he was in fact tracing others artists work and selling it as his.

Check out these links....
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/03/2 ... am-artist/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/05/19/ ... +Rumors%29
darryl-zero
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by darryl-zero »

I got back my first return in quite awhile today. Art Thibert signed a Flash and X-men book, and sketched the Flash on the back of a backboard. It took about three months and was well worth the wait. I'll post pics later.
luxzombie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by luxzombie »

Had a great time at the comic con in St. Paul last weekend. I got a couple dozen books signed and bought some prints. One of the highlights was Howard Chaykin for sure. After comments I had read here and on other sites, I was not expecting much. He must of been having a good day, he was talkative, friendly, and signed my books and Galaxy cards. (nice sig as well) He must just be one of those people you have to catch on the right day. Another highlight was getting a couple sketch cards I had commissioned from Eileen Doyle. I asked for a couple Halloween themed cards and love what she did.
mhammen
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mhammen »

I'm a little jealous, I'm a longtime fan on Howard Chaykin (Star Wars, American Flagg). I too heard about the bad experiences others have had with him, but I would have loved a chance to meet him. Good for you.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Shadow knows!
legendwithoutaname
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by legendwithoutaname »

You know what I did on Geek Pride Day<----- which was today.

Emailed back and forth with one of my favorite writers/artist : Jeff Lemire

Nothing major but I somehow managed to get a sketch upgrade from it. He mistakenly called me by a wrong name and hooked me up with a requested (instead of a random) sketch in the sketchbook that I ordered.

Must be some kind of No-Prize Day.

All I really contacted him for was for info on when the sketchbooks were to ship.
I will NOT PM you an address.
I will assist you in getting said address.
IE: give you pointers on where to get it.
JasonS
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JasonS »

My geek pride day was spent playing/being Nightwing and all the bad guys with our youngest son (who was Batman of course), watching the movie "The Lost Skeleton Returns Again", and after dinner watched Astonishing X-Men: Gifted with the boys. After they go to bed I will sit up and read old Spider-Man comics from the 1970s and drink a double bourbon.

Yup, life in our house is pretty much all about comic books and super heroes.
Use google before you ask. Seriously.
megamike79
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by megamike79 »

Spent my day drawing a Dalek chasing The Roadrunner and racing a RC car around the park until it ran out of fuel.