What do your friends/siblings think?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Carmelo15
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What do your friends/siblings think?

Post by Carmelo15 »

My parents doesn't say anything negative about my hobby, but they do say its sort of a waste of money (espically when I get a drought) and my sister help me decorate the envelopes ;-) .

Credit to yummyicecream26!
Melindabear2002
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Melindabear2002 »

My sisters think its cool, they're always trying to think of new people to try. My brother in law, loves it he gets just as excitied as I do when I tell him I got something. My mom loves checking the mail if it comes to her address, my dad doesnt' care.
My Autograph Collection, (If you want to ask how I got any graph please feel free to email me)
Zorin
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Zorin »

My mum and sister don't care as they have no idea who half the people I get replies from are.
My Dad really likes it and is really excited to see who I've got.
My grand-parents think it's great as well as they used to do it when they were younger.
My friends are different about it some of them think it's really cool but others think it's sad.
scouser#1

Post by scouser#1 »

my dad thinks its a waste of money as i spend quite alot of money on stamps
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by miley cyrus fan »

people i know dont mind if i do it a bit at a time i like to send every 3 months which i think is fair in a way and after i got my first and so far only succes it made me prove to them its a leginimate hobby so its not a waste of time or money
BABii_ANG3L
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BABii_ANG3L »

My parents think by doing fan mail, I'm just wasting a lot of money and time. My friends are just like "You write to celebrities?" like they're disgusted or something.. I don't know... whatever.
i CAN LUV U 4EVER BUT NEVER WiLL i BE iN LOVE WiTH U 'TiL U LUV ME

Justinsdad
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Justinsdad »

Well, I'm 25, so it really doesn't matter what my mother thinks, but she was the one that got me started when I was in around the 9th grade, I believe. I started collecting without the use of the internet, if any of you can imagine what that would be like today. You could probably cut all our collections in half, to say the least.

Some of my best friends didn't even know I did this until this year, when I started collecting musicians (all my close friends are fellow metalheads). Everyone I've told loves the idea.

I've never had a negative response, other than when I take my mom's stamps, which is basically every time I see her :)
Last edited by Justinsdad on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm also a portrait artist!
Check out my work at:
http://facebook.com/ClintHedges/
proud2bevilla
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by proud2bevilla »

My dad is great with me collecting and always buys me the stamps when I have a letter to send off.
The rest of my family enjoy looking at them except my mum who thinks it is a total waste of money.
I haven't bothered telling my friends that I collect through the mail because they think its sad the way I wait after football matches to meet the players and ge their autographs IP.

Olof Mellberg 2001-2008 Villa Legend
Emiley
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Emiley »

My friends thinks it's pretty cool.. Some think it's fake. -___- They obviously don't know a thing about autographs TTM and such.. Even though some are PP but I've only gotten like, 1 or 2 from Miley Cyrus and that's it..

My parents think I obsess with celebrities too much... Although my mom seems happy for me when I get something back.

My 9 year old brother loves it when I get something back and if he sees the mail before I do and I get something, he'd give it to me. (: He's happy for me also.
credit: f3istykid at livejournal
Bria
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bria »

Until this summer, I only had IP autographs. And people around me thought I was crazy to wait several hours to meet an actor, actress or a director.
So I just tell to 2 friends that now I was collecting TTM too. And even if they don't want to do the same, they are happy for me when I have got an answer.
My mom too, she's really happy for me when I recieved an antograph. My sister too, more particularly since I give her the autographed picture I recieved from Ewan McGregor (she is a huge fan ;-) )