Happy with a PP ?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
ChattyGirl247

Post by ChattyGirl247 »

I would say yes because I mean when i open it I am a little sad that it's not real but at least you did get something back. From all of those people you wrote not all of them sent something back so at least it's one more to add to your collection
starreyes

Post by starreyes »

If I recieve an autopen, pre-print or stamp I am less happy than if the celeb had authentically signed it, but I am not completely without hope that it is possible to get an authentic from them. I just try at a different address or venue and see if I can get an authentic some other way.
BABii_ANG3L
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BABii_ANG3L »

no i wouldn't, especially if i sent SASE, which i do all the time
i CAN LUV U 4EVER BUT NEVER WiLL i BE iN LOVE WiTH U 'TiL U LUV ME

whosurdaddy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by whosurdaddy »

I haven't received a secretarial, autopen or preprint in over 25 years. I'll be going on 34 years collecting in june or is it july? Geez can't remember! Anyways, I use this site as well as many other sites, also using reputable address lists and contacting knowledgeable collectors along with alot of research before sending out a request which helps me determine who actually signs thru the mail and who doesn't. It avoids all the secretarials, autopens and preprints which seem to be flooding sites like this one and others. I have more respect for the person who sends out a preprint then the ones who send out autopens and secretarials which only decieve the young kids who are spending what money they have writing to celebs hoping that their letters are being read and receiving secretarials and or autopens believing that the celeb actually signed the pic. they received. It's really a shame. I would love to see either authentic signatures or preprints. I disdane anyone who has their secretary/assistant,mother,father,sister or anyone sign for them.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

A PP- At least it's some thing. :|
An AP- Legally they are authentic, several celebs sign contracts with them. If it's good enough for legally binding contracts, It's good enough for me.
boofer36
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by boofer36 »

No. It really insults me. I always try to review feedback for the addresses I want to send to, because I hate getting PPs and AutoPens.

It is so insulting. I think, that if a celebrity can't send out an authentic autograph, and sends a PP, Autopen, or some letter saying they can't sign, they shouldn't have an address. I could see if they were really busy, working at a charity or something but, what really burns me is that people are technically wasting money on the SASE's that they send out, hoping for an authentic autograph.

I've recieved 1 pre-print, from the Official Cher Fanclub. It's a small, 5x7 postcard, that wants money, typed on the back of it, to join the fanclub.

But, that's just my opinion.
Autographs:

Most recent - Don LaFontaine e-mail success! 5 Scripts, 3 Pictures, ALL SIGNED, ONE OF EACH FOR ME! WOOHOO! Go Don!
Sai
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sai »

Well for me it depends. If it's a really nice photo and a cool looking autograph I may be a little disapointed but am still quite pleased, also like others have said its better than nothing especially when you've paid a fair bit of money on ICR's and overseas packaging. However authentic and personalised always makes me much happier and more special. Also it depends for me on whether I was expecting an authentic one or not :)
My Autograph Web Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/sai_q

R.I.P. Heath...Will always miss you
indigo15
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by indigo15 »

I'm not crazy about preprints, although it is better than getting nothing at all. It's kind of disappointing when you open the envelope and it's just a copy.

When I first started collecting, I didn't know that Studio Fan Mail only does preprints. I wrote to the Courteney Cox, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, and Jennifer Aniston addresses and got preprints back from all of them except Jennifer Aniston. It was very disappointing, and then I learned all about SFM.
Emmylousboy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Emmylousboy »

I really don't mind PPs or APs at all. Like many have already stated, it beats getting nothing back at all. What I really hate are RTSs :wink:

I also agree with a few comments here on where certain celebrities are in their career and as to whether or not they sign.

If a celebrity doesn't want to sign it is certainly their prerogative.

What really gripes my hide is celebrities who charge more for their signature than what their signature is actually worth. Ie everyone represented by Scott Stander and Associates. Give me a break- I mean rellt-$30 for a signature is completely outrageous for second rate,B list talent.

Well, that's my little rant for the day :wink:

-Emmylousboy-
AutographGirly
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AutographGirly »

I really don't like PPs. But, if their from a celeb that rarely sends I'm ok. I usually try hard not to get them, though.
Version: Robert Pattinson.
Latest..
Success: Jamie Johnston, Maiara Walsh
Failure: Kyle Massey
Sent Out: David Archuleta, Chelsea Staub, Keira Knightley
http://www.freewebs.com/autographgirly/