Sending an Index Card VS Photo

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
gregg
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gregg »

Insatia,
Just got back from a weekend vacation, and a great success was in my box!
I sent a letter to Jonny Mosely (Olympic Medalist Skiier) who is one of my favorite athletes. I wrote to him because I am a skiier and asked him about a few of his tricks (ski jumping).
He signed my card and included a realy cool photo (To Gregg "Go Big").
An awesome success!
Insatia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Insatia »

congrats gregg! sounds awesome. bet that was nice coming home too. it would be hard for me to be away from my mailbox for more than a day. i sometimes call home from work and ask my fiance to check the mail to see if I've gotten anything lol

i need more patience. but still no IC success for me. and i believe most if not everything I have gotten has been personalized with my name. i think they (celebrities) are getting really worried about the sincerity of the requests and them being sold. but i dont mind them saying my name so it's all good. :P
Debs eleven
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Debs eleven »

The signed pic i got of Emma Watson (Hermione in Harry Potter) had a sticker saying it was not to be re-sold and that it was copyright of Warner Bros. Fair play to them, I say.
Insatia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Insatia »

*sigh* well i've come to the conclusion that I wont be getting signed IC's back. I don't think celebs will use them. I notice as well an overwhelming response of autographs being personalized in my name as well. seems as though they are much more concerned these days with re-sale.

so i've given up on the IC bit... good luck to those of you that do try! let me know of your successes so I can be jealous :|
AutographWanter
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AutographWanter »

This may sound stupid but is the purpose of the index card just for the person to sign? And is it just like a plain old index card which you make flashcards out of?

Sorry I'm really slow at these things :oops:
ImageImageImageImage
Recent Successes: Jorge Garcia, Yunjin Kim, Samantha Peszek, "Billy Elliot"
Recently Sent: Stephen Daldry, Ivana Hong
beau99
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by beau99 »

AutographWanter wrote:This may sound stupid but is the purpose of the index card just for the person to sign?
I think it might be to make sure you're actually getting a signature and not a pre-print or anything like that.
Ashley364
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ashley364 »

I forgot to send an IC with my requests...
It's a good idea, actually. Where do you get those blank cards?
AutographWanter
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AutographWanter »

beau99 wrote:
AutographWanter wrote:This may sound stupid but is the purpose of the index card just for the person to sign?
I think it might be to make sure you're actually getting a signature and not a pre-print or anything like that.
Okay cool, thanks! I'll do that from now on.
ImageImageImageImage
Recent Successes: Jorge Garcia, Yunjin Kim, Samantha Peszek, "Billy Elliot"
Recently Sent: Stephen Daldry, Ivana Hong
Dustin
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by Dustin »

Ashley364 wrote:I forgot to send an IC with my requests...
It's a good idea, actually. Where do you get those blank cards?
Any store like Wal-Mart, K-Mart or Target have them. Check the office supply aisle.
slavavalbe1

Collecting help , again.

Post by slavavalbe1 »

Hello,
I am new here.
I see your concerns. I sent my letter and asked actor to sign my letter (if he cannot send me signed photo). Just a letter to sign is like what 37 cents for him to send back to me. The only reason that I didn't include SASE and envelope is because I am between jobs, if you know what I mean. I am struggling fiancially as it is.
I wrote this guy just to get some copule of bright minutes. At least something to be happy about even if it a short-term forgetting reality thing.
The thing I am concerned about is that this actor is not well known, Sam Anderson. He never had a leading role, and he makes only guest appearances. So, I would think that he doesn't have so many fans like (i.e. Ian Mckellen does). Majority of people have no clue who this actor is.
When I tell them he was playing Holland Manners (head of Wolfram and Hart Attorney firm) on "Angel" tv series, I get a reply, "Oh, I think I know this character but don't know this actor).
I would think that actors with short-guest appearance roles may not have too many fans or no fans at all.
I am curious as of why some actors are unwilling to sign autographs? Is that because they had a bad experience (i.e. autographs are being sold on e-bay), they are too fixated on $$, or just don't care?
Just about every actor/acctress I send my letter to in the USA and UK, were kind enough to send me signed photos and even personal letters.

I guess I wrote this time to a wrong actor:-(