David berkowitz-the son of Sam turned minister- success!

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
cagneyfan
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: David berkowitz-the son of Sam turned minister- success!

Post by cagneyfan »

The address for Sirhan Sirhan is:

SIRHAN SIRHAN
PLEASANT VALLEY STATE PRISON
P.O. BOX 8500
COALINGA, CA 93210
I got no lace on my undershirt!
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightninglives »

I see no problem with writing letters to these killers,It doesn't mean you agree with their crimes but they did happen and I myself am interested in true crime and I watch all the true crime shows in investigation discovery channel and I wrote to deidre hunt in 2012 and she wrote me back and we exchanged a few letters for awhile and I believe I have about 3 letters but then she stopped writing me back I think because she asked if I could send her a bit of money so she could buy stuff in the prison store which is to be expected and I didn't of course but I did send her some paper and stamps and she asked for some crossword puzzles in her first letter because she was in solitary for fighting or something but by the second letter she was out of solitary. But her letters were very interesting and I liked reading them. Below is a link to her profile and the book shown called sex,money and murder in Daytona beach is a good book to read if you like true crime novels and there was also a couple of shows on ID channel about her story including "wicked attraction".
http://silverimage.photoshelter.com/ima ... pblO4lxGRA
http://murderpedia.org/female.H/h/hunt- ... photos.htm
http://murderpedia.org/female.H/h/hunt-deidre.htm
MJS73
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MJS73 »

I see no problem with writing letters to these killers,It doesn't mean you agree with their crimes but they did happen and I myself am interested in true crime

Write the same post when one of your children is murdered by one of these psychopaths, who should be dead, not receiving fan mail.
mwmiller
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mwmiller »

To each his (or her) own. This site is a huge bulletin board so any post is fair game for comment. Personally, i don't collect this kind of stuff, I see no value or significance in it. These folks committed incredible crimes and despite how they may have changed their lives it does nothing for me. For anyone else, collect whatever you enjoy but if you post something others find objectionable, it is fair game for comment.
ttmcollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ttmcollector »

MJS73 wrote:I see no problem with writing letters to these killers,It doesn't mean you agree with their crimes but they did happen and I myself am interested in true crime

Write the same post when one of your children is murdered by one of these psychopaths, who should be dead, not receiving fan mail.
I'm going to resist going in depth on my disdain for the death penalty and for capital punishment in general, and just say that the OP (original poster) has every reason to request the autograph and write to a historically relevant criminal. To chastise someone, even a prisoner, and say that they can't regret their crime, repent for what they've done (if they're religious), etc., is a little ridiculous in my opinion.

I, myself, am very interested in all realms of history, and find these postings very interesting. If you don't appreciate them, you don't have to click on the posts.

Sorry if I sound rude, but I can't stand it when people put down other people for the things and people they enjoy on here, and it happens WAY too often.
NEW!

To view my successes, pending successes, waiting list, trades, and more, visit http://www.ttmcollector.weebly.com!
Historical
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Historical »

I have written to Charles Manson before and just sent out to Manuel Noriega to a prison in Panama. To each their own I suppose.
WillyWonka11
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WillyWonka11 »

I think there's a big difference in being rude to someone who writes to an actor in a movie you hated vs. a real-life serial killer. The only thing these people did to make themselves infamous was to end another person's life. Considering the site is called "Fanmail," it comes off as mail sent as a "fan" to these killers. I usually don't object to other peoples' interests, but this is strange to me. What I'm wondering is, what do you even write to people like this? "I'm very interested in your work." ?
badleejeff
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by badleejeff »

I wrote that my wife is studying to enter the field of law enforcement and tht there were questions she had always wanted to ask these folks and then I asked them. In the cases of berkowitz and Watson I wrote that while I certainly couldn't excuse their crimes that I could understand the changes they'd gone thru in the years since their incarceration. I am actually an alcoholic with eleven years clean and sober and I happened to know that drugs played a huge part in what these men did and that I admired them for facing up to their actions and for becoming new people. However the case of Ted kaczynski, from whom I posted a success, is a little different. Believe it or not if you look into him a bit, you'll find that at one time he was one of the finest minds In the nation, a math prodigy who was admitted to Harvard at 16 and earned his doctorate by solving a problem that had confounded mathematicians for years. He then became the youngest person to ever earn a tenured professorship at Berkeley. To say that he did nothing but kill people is actually a little unfair. I AM NOT defending his actions, but there is more to the man than bombs. More importantly to me, these men, for better or worse, are a part of our history and our culture just like Jesse James, John Dillinger, al Capone or Bonnie and Clyde all autographs I personally, and tens of thousands of others, would die to have in their collections.
Jeff Lees
...now I pray for a single kiss from her, to be lashed and crucified...
cagneyfan

Post by cagneyfan »

I would join no club that would have me as a member.
I got no lace on my undershirt!
WillyWonka11
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WillyWonka11 »

badleejeff wrote:I wrote that my wife is studying to enter the field of law enforcement and tht there were questions she had always wanted to ask these folks and then I asked them. In the cases of berkowitz and Watson I wrote that while I certainly couldn't excuse their crimes that I could understand the changes they'd gone thru in the years since their incarceration. I am actually an alcoholic with eleven years clean and sober and I happened to know that drugs played a huge part in what these men did and that I admired them for facing up to their actions and for becoming new people. However the case of Ted kaczynski, from whom I posted a success, is a little different. Believe it or not if you look into him a bit, you'll find that at one time he was one of the finest minds In the nation, a math prodigy who was admitted to Harvard at 16 and earned his doctorate by solving a problem that had confounded mathematicians for years. He then became the youngest person to ever earn a tenured professorship at Berkeley. To say that he did nothing but kill people is actually a little unfair. I AM NOT defending his actions, but there is more to the man than bombs. More importantly to me, these men, for better or worse, are a part of our history and our culture just like Jesse James, John Dillinger, al Capone or Bonnie and Clyde all autographs I personally, and tens of thousands of others, would die to have in their collections.

Hey, I completely understand. Thanks for sharing that. Good luck with your collecting!