mrs olivia de havilland huge success in person

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
Ethan Van Sciver
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: mrs olivia de havilland huge success in person

Post by Ethan Van Sciver »

And congrats to the OP. I had a dream once about going to meet Olivia De Havilland in person, but my friends all told me that walking up to a celebrity's home and ringing the doorbell is something that's known as "stalking", and it's not a good idea. So I stopped thinking about it.

(sigh.)
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

prettykittyjenna wrote:
capmonte wrote:Even with a "common friend," I wouldn't have the balls to go to a celeb's house. Noel Neill moved here to Tucson, about 20 minutes from my house. Maybe I should stop by for a visit ;)
I don't know if you should. Eleanor Parker lives like 20 minutes from me and I haven't gone over there either.
I was only joking, hence the wink face. I wouldn't impose on someone's privacy like that.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
prettykittyjenna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by prettykittyjenna »

atticus finch wrote:hello everybody ,a few eeks ago i went to paris and i decided met mrs de havilland cause we have a common friend .years earlier i wrote her but no answer and my picts dont resend me again so when i stayed in paris i went to her home with a precious garden and she signed for me 2 picts ,one from gone and the other from robin hood with great flynn.she is very old as we know ,too small with a great smile on her face and very kind with fans .
I wanna see some scans please! I'm almost certain the ones ttm are authentic, but to compare to an ip would be great!
Eyeballkid
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Eyeballkid »

Ethan, you got Eleanor Parker 9 times?! Amazing! I've written to her 3 times and have never had a reply. I've written to Ann Rutherford 5 times and still never had a reply!
prettykittyjenna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Eyeballkid wrote:Ethan, you got Eleanor Parker 9 times?! Amazing! I've written to her 3 times and have never had a reply. I've written to Ann Rutherford 5 times and still never had a reply!
I met Ms. Rutherford. She charged 20 bucks in person. Not bad! And I got a pic with her too!
Eyeballkid
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Eyeballkid »

Wow! Great job Jenna!
prettykittyjenna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Eyeballkid wrote:Wow! Great job Jenna!
Thanks! It wasn't as good as what Atticus Finch accomplished. But, she was a sweet lady. I asked her what it was like to work with Errol Flynn and Olivia. She was in a movie with Flynn in the forties. She said Errol was great at his lines and Olivia is still a friend of hers. I guess they are related somehow. I forget in which way they are.
prettykittyjenna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Ethan Van Sciver wrote:And congrats to the OP. I had a dream once about going to meet Olivia De Havilland in person, but my friends all told me that walking up to a celebrity's home and ringing the doorbell is something that's known as "stalking", and it's not a good idea. So I stopped thinking about it.

(sigh.)
I take it she never signed any of your dvds you sent her. By the way, I've had dreams of meeting harry connick jr. and david duchovny. I get their autographs too. I wake up and I have nothing. So mad! :roll:
prettykittyjenna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

atticus finch wrote:hello everybody ,a few eeks ago i went to paris and i decided met mrs de havilland cause we have a common friend .years earlier i wrote her but no answer and my picts dont resend me again so when i stayed in paris i went to her home with a precious garden and she signed for me 2 picts ,one from gone and the other from robin hood with great flynn.she is very old as we know ,too small with a great smile on her face and very kind with fans .
Hello, did you find out why her memoir was only limited edition? A bunch of people would like to read it but can't due to it being a limited edition only available on amazon in july of this last year.
A used copy is running at 499 dollars! Thanks!
cmcb09
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cmcb09 »

Her autobiography never actually came out has been in the works for years but so far nothing.