Star Wars Celebration V Successes

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
bud simpson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Star Wars Celebration V Successes

Post by bud simpson »

No I am glad Paul had fun. But unfortuanately there are fans who can't afford these overpriced conventions. I just wish these type of celebrities take in account people who aren't rich and that live on limited income are fans just as much.
WildChild96
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WildChild96 »

I'm in total agreement with you, bud simpson. Where do these stars get off charging an exorbitant amount of money for a lousy autograph? It's nuts.
Most Recent TTM: Clint Hill - 12/17
Most Recent IP: Ville Leino - 11/14
jbb1116
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jbb1116 »

WildChild96 wrote:I'm in total agreement with you, bud simpson. Where do these stars get off charging an exorbitant amount of money for a lousy autograph? It's nuts.
It's not the stars (usually) who charge for their autographs. The promoter pays the celebrity a lot of money to appear, and the promoter sets the prices.

Nice gets though, man.
First TTM success: Jay Leno
Favorite: Tommy Thayer
bud simpson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bud simpson »

Then it's too bad that the celebrities don't have any say in the matter. I guess since most of these actors are mostley out of work I guess this is the only way to make any kind of living.
This is why I admire Chris Pine. Because Creation Entertainment insulted his father he will NEVER do any convention apperances them. Creation is the main company I hate who puts on the conventions. They gouge you for a lot of money. Not only do they have various admission packages at high prices but theu also charge extra for the major stars autographs. They even charge you to take a picture with the celebrity! This is the one practice I hate. What next? Charging to shake their hand?
Hollywoodman323
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hollywoodman323 »

bud simpson wrote:Then it's too bad that the celebrities don't have any say in the matter. I guess since most of these actors are mostley out of work I guess this is the only way to make any kind of living.
This is why I admire Chris Pine. Because Creation Entertainment insulted his father he will NEVER do any convention apperances them. Creation is the main company I hate who puts on the conventions. They gouge you for a lot of money. Not only do they have various admission packages at high prices but theu also charge extra for the major stars autographs. They even charge you to take a picture with the celebrity! This is the one practice I hate. What next? Charging to shake their hand?
Bud watch out you might give them the idea to do just that lol.
I wont post a long respsonse about the greedy people over at creation since we have had our discussions about how bad Crapation i mean creation is. But I heard today that they were charging 200 dollars for a photo op with Patrick Stewart at last weekends Star Trek convention in Vegas. I dont want to believe it, but the person who went that told me had no reason to make it up.