Harry Potter Vs Twilight! Which Do you Prefer?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Classikmetal
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Harry Potter Vs Twilight! Which Do you Prefer?

Post by Classikmetal »

Harry Potter by a mile. Twilight is nothing but a fad and will fade out soon enough. The movies aren't even worth the hype and the books manage to pick up people who don't even read books (or know what good books are). IMO, Twilight is a literary and cinematic disappointment. No offense... :razz:
arrowsup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by arrowsup »

I'll have to take door #3......I can't stand the entire genre: Potter, Twilight, LOTR, etc....all drivel, and I'm pretty sure that prolonged exposure to any of them causes a deadly "brain cloud".
leona_xx
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by leona_xx »

I love both but I'm going with Twilight! I've never been so obsessed with anything like I am with Twilight. :D
Celebs I've met!:Ashley Greene, Nikki Reed, Alan Carr, Lee Evans, Al Murray, Sheridan Smith and Holly Willoughby!
1st July 2010 - Eclipse Premiere - Best day ever!
carlyscala
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by carlyscala »

No attacks on my response to the question please haha, but I don't think the Twilight books are well-written, and yes I have read all of them. When I ask people why they like Twilight so much they say "The guys are so HOT!" Sorry, not for me. I base my vote on content and quality. Harry Potter gets my vote with the down-to-earth actors who are always coming out to talk to their fans and the classiness they have kept for the past 10 years. Not to mention the books are amazing. The end. :)
At the Deathly Hallows Part II premiere in NYC!
20, huge HP fan, will go to great lengths to see my
favorite cast again and again in person! :)

Favorite successes: HP trio in person, JK Rowling, all my HP autos in fact, Chuck Palahniuk, Richard Nixon (passed to me from my grandfather), Barack Obama in person, Andy Pettitte, James Franco
TWITTER: @carlyscala
My autograph blog...newly created! Still working on it :) http://carlyscala.blogspot.com/
WookieeLover
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WookieeLover »

Haven't seen/read Twilight...So I prefer Harry Potter! {up}
ursha
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ursha »

Funny, just few hours ago I was thinking that why people can't like HP, LOTR and Twilight, so many choose only one.
I am a huge fan of both of them...I simply can not pick only one. I have been fan of the Harry Potter since the first movie came out and read all the books later. Actors are brilliant, story is fantastic and both movie and books are simply amazing.
I found about Twilight when the first movie came out (so it's the same situation) BUT read books first. I have read all of them by the time I have actually seen first movie. So first and second movie didn't make much effort on me...I think the cast is amazing and I'm massive fan of many actors, they are brilliant at what they do. Book are fantastic, I enjoy so much when reading them. So Twilight and Harry Potter are kinda equal on my list. I can't say I like any of them more...
-Urša
Thanks to Seb for my beautiful set! :)

Favourites: Kellan Lutz!, David Wenham!, Frank W. Abagnale, Tom Felton, Billy Boyd,
Adrien Brody, Channing Tatum, Geoffrey Rush, Robert Pattinson, Ian Somerhalder
Most wanted: Dominic Monaghan, Amanda Bynes, Heath Ledger (RIP)
Last one received: James Franco

{star} My Autograph Website
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

Harry all the way.

IMO Twilight is dire. The books are, to me, poorly written, with bizarre characters that make no sense and plots that make even less. I tried reading the first one and couldnt get past like 3 chapters. Bella is the epitome of a Mary Sue. I conceeded that the movies may be pure escapism and that they may iron out the bad dialogue etc so thought I may see them... then I saw the trailers. Why does Kristen Stewart always seem to be asleep, even when saying her lines? Robert Pattinson is no better, and sorry but I dont find him or Taylor in the least bit attractive.

Oh. And vampires don't sparkle. EVER. Sparkle sparkle marble marble barf barf. If I want Vampires vs Werewolves I'll watch Underworld. Now those are proper Werewolves.

The Harry Potter saga, whilst still childish in lots of ways, has seen the characters grow and develop. The world in which they live may be fantasy, but their behaviour isn't and to me, they are a lot more believable than the Twilight characters.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

I would've said what osiris said, though my words regarding Twilight would've surely been more colorful.
bookworm
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bookworm »

Hmmm, I don't know what to choose. I love Twilight movies and books, but I do enjoy watching Harry potter beat the bad guys. I haven't read Harry Potter books. I choose Twilgiht.
Twilight successes: Tinsel Korey, Michael Welch, Christian Serratos, Michael Sheen, Xavier Samuel, Boo Boo Stewart, Noot Seear, Dakota Fanning, Rachelle Lafevre, Chaske Spencer, Justin Chon, Nikki Reed, Graham Greene, Gil Birmingham, Angela Sarafyan, Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Andrea Gabriel and Mackenzie Foy

My Favourites so far: Lee Child, Jerry Bruckheimer, John Travolta, Jerry Lewis, Morgan Freeman, James Earl Jones, James Phelan, Jack Nicholson, Betty White, Bryce Courtenay, Dame Edna Everage, Nicole Kidman, Doris Day, Kate Miller-Heidke, Judi Dench, Harrison Ford, Jude Law, Sarah Palin, Jimmy Buffett, Chris Rock, Jackie Chan, Denzel Washington, Clint Eastwood, Paula Deen, Nicolas Cage

Wanted: Twilight cast, any TV show, all of Harry Potter cast
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

carlyscala wrote:No attacks on my response to the question please haha, but I don't think the Twilight books are well-written, and yes I have read all of them. When I ask people why they like Twilight so much they say "The guys are so HOT!" Sorry, not for me. I base my vote on content and quality. Harry Potter gets my vote with the down-to-earth actors who are always coming out to talk to their fans and the classiness they have kept for the past 10 years. Not to mention the books are amazing. The end. :)
You realise you completely contradict your self-rightous statement by saying "Harry Potter gets my vote with down to earth" etc etc?lol. I have heard Daniel Radcliffe is a great guy admittedly, not so much Emma Watson... But that is not for this thread.

I have not read Twilight,in fact, outside of school, I have not read a fiction book for almost five years!So I cannot really compare the two in that respect. But I read the HP books as a kid(1-4 I think?), and even I could tell they were a load of rubbish at age 10-12! But if they make young children happy,and make the younger generation more literate then mine, then it doesn't really matter how good they are!
As for the films, I think they fare better to be honest. There is more drama about them, and I like the three main actors. Still not my favourites, but watchable.As for the Twilight Saga, I really enjoyed twilight, despised New Moon, and loved Eclipse. I think the jury is out on Taylor Lautner, but I think Kristen Stewart is a real talent.(and so do a lot of respected film critics)
osiris wrote: Oh. And vampires don't sparkle. EVER. Sparkle sparkle marble marble barf barf. If I want Vampires vs Werewolves I'll watch Underworld. Now those are proper Werewolves.
..... I cannot believe I just read that.I may be sleep-deprived and in a bad mood lol, but still,tired or not, I simply cannot fathom how such a moronic statement has just been made, by ostensibly a intelligent person. Sigh....
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard