where would you prefer to live?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
insider15
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by insider15 »

we get about -40 Celcius a few days every winter.... thats chilly :wink:
charmed_babe3
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by charmed_babe3 »

I like where I live at the moment, In Australia but it gets really humid in the summertime. I wouldn't mind living in San Deigo, Las Vegas or San Fransisco. I visited USA last year and those were my favourite places out of everywhere I've been.
Authentic: 37
PP: 44
Autograph count: 79
Dubsbball14
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dubsbball14 »

Your right that is chilly :) When I was up in Wisconsin when it was -30 that was without the wind chill so I am guessing it was somewhere around -40. It was a good day for snow mobiling though.
insider15
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by insider15 »

it's great for snowmobiling. We have a snowmobiling festival in my town on the frozen river... very fun weekend :D
Dubsbball14
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dubsbball14 »

insider15 wrote:it's great for snowmobiling. We have a snowmobiling festival in my town on the frozen river... very fun weekend :D
Does sound like fun. I have always wanted to snow mobile on some kind of body of water but since I personally don't own a snow mobile it's a bit tough.
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Hi guys {up}

It is really interesting to hear all about where you live (or would like to live). I really love living in England, especially in the countryside which is where I live now, after living in a major town since I was born.

However, I do like to be able to go "back to civilisation" from time to time, and work often neccesitates that I go to London. Another great thing with the UK is that I can get from where I live, to London in only about 2 1/2 to 3 hours by road.

We have a whole variety of weather. PLENTY of rain, snow around Christmas / January / February (-10 to 0 degrees C), and pretty good summers (30-32 deg C) - (especially in recent years, probably due to global warming!!!!).

I think we are supposed to be a "temperate" zone which means we have a good variety of weather, but not usually to an extreme either way.

I have posted some snow pics below which I took this past February at home - just for all those who long for a bit of snow!!!!

Ian :mrgreen:

Aragil
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Aragil »

All this talking about snow makes me desperate for Winter to come! :D

My town is located between two mountains, one of them being the highest of Portugal, so they're always full of snow in the Winter! Unfortunately, it hasn't snowed in the town for 5 years or so but I can't complain :wink:

Right now it's really hot outside, it's been like this for months! In the Summer the temperature was always above 40ºC, it was unbearable :(

http://www.freewebs.com/aragil/ ~ Please visit my autographs site! ~
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Aragil {up}

Your place sounds lovely :)

I know what you mean about the heat though. We have a house in Puerto Banus (near Marbella) and we often pop across to Porugal!

Gibraltar is only about an hour from our place, and the Portugese border is only about another hour on from there.

The temp on the Costa de la Sol is always in the high 30's / 40's througout the summer there, and it is really too hot to do much outside! I prefer to go around Easter or Christmas when it is cooler!!!!

Ian :mrgreen:
Smudge
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Smudge »

Just thought I'd add that I love England because of its history! Since a young age I have visited castles all over the UK and find them very interesting! I am studying them at GCSE at the moment (History) and am really enjoying it! :D

I was also born in Germany (Munster) although I am a British Citizen! (My dad was in the army and we were stationed in Germany at the time of my birth)

I loved it in Germany and can remember visiting the Mohnesee! (I think that is how you spell it!) :D
"I was nothing more than an almost innocent bystander!"

http://www.freewebs.com/smudgethecollector/

http://www.myspace.com/ajpcproductions
Aimee OC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Aimee OC »

I suppose living in th UK is alright. But i would LOVE to live in California!!!!!!!

Latest Success:
Jared Padalecki & Gisele Bundchen.