ernie els authentic charity success

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
wanderers
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

ernie els authentic charity success

Post by wanderers »

sent an e-mail to ernie on his website around 2 months ago. today recieved for a charity i am collecting for 3 authentically signed photos. these are real and not auto-pens, i have comapred the photos, the dot's after the signature are in different places on each of the photos also on the 'e' at the start of the auto sine if the line's on the left hand side are longer than others, here is a pic:

pic of all three autos: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/44 ... 11019.jpg/

pic of close up all three autos and stamps on the back saying personal gift etc, look how the dots after the auto are in different places, and how on the 'e' bit at the start 1 has a longer flick then the rest near the top, and the lines are slights different at the end when it goes up, proves authenticity, i doubt very much he has 3 different autopens if they were?? but im pretty sure there not, here is close ups anyway: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85 ... 11021.jpg/
locowski
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: ernie els authentic charity success

Post by locowski »

wanderers wrote:sent an e-mail to ernie on his website around 2 months ago. today recieved for a charity i am collecting for 3 authentically signed photos. these are real and not auto-pens, i have comapred the photos, the dot's after the signature are in different places on each of the photos also on the 'e' at the start of the auto sine if the line's on the left hand side are longer than others, here is a pic:

pic of all three autos: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/44 ... 11019.jpg/

pic of close up all three autos and stamps on the back saying personal gift etc, look how the dots after the auto are in different places, and how on the 'e' bit at the start 1 has a longer flick then the rest near the top, and the lines are slights different at the end when it goes up, proves authenticity, i doubt very much he has 3 different autopens if they were?? but im pretty sure there not, here is close ups anyway: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85 ... 11021.jpg/
For me look like 3 just same autopen signeture.
wanderers
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wanderers »

thats probably because they pics arn't very good i have taken, if i actually look close they are authentic, also, i have tried rubbing all three and all off them, the ink has come off a little bit proving that they are hand signed, as you can spray deodrant or aftershave onto a piece of tissue or cloth, then rub it onto the permanent marker and if it will come off, i just did this very slightly in a corner so the auto didn't come off, but the bit of the auto i did rub, the ink came off, proving it's not auto pen as auto pen wouldn't be able to be removed :) they are authentic
locowski
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by locowski »

wanderers wrote:thats probably because they pics arn't very good i have taken, if i actually look close they are authentic, also, i have tried rubbing all three and all off them, the ink has come off a little bit proving that they are hand signed, as you can spray deodrant or aftershave onto a piece of tissue or cloth, then rub it onto the permanent marker and if it will come off, i just did this very slightly in a corner so the auto didn't come off, but the bit of the auto i did rub, the ink came off, proving it's not auto pen as auto pen wouldn't be able to be removed :) they are authentic
For me all look like his autopen who I got. Check in photoshop. His autopen look real but it is autopen. Autopen is imitation hand signed signature.
danielmark23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by danielmark23 »

Autopen=machine holding a sharpie. Rubbing the sharpie off doesn't prove it to not be an autopen but it proves it is not a pre-print. Ernie is known to have multiple versions of autopens that he uses.
wanderers
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wanderers »

well ok, but i woulnd't see why he would use 3 different autopen's seems abit pointless to me, also i wouldn't have thought he would have sent autopens for a charity, with a charity letter and charity no. etc, the envelope said above my name and address, registered charity and then had the charity no. on it, also on the back of each photo it says, " this is a personal gift, which may not be sold or transfered. Copyright is fully reserved and any copying or reproduction is prohibited" do they put this on all photos from ernie? or just mine? also mine came from england, not sure where the others come from but it even had english stamps on.
wanderers
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wanderers »

here is a pic of the writting on the back: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31 ... 11026.jpg/

and here is a pic of the 3 autos, which i tihnk should be beeter quality, i know you have said there is 3 different autopens, and if that's the case that's why they are different, but i would have thought he would sign authentically for a charity? and the 3 autos are different http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/70 ... 11025.jpg/

also just been looking over fan mail successes, seen 3 success, 2 of the pics autographs, which people are claiming to be auto-pen, are iderntical, but neither are the same as any 3 of mine, and the other success, also isn't the same as either of the 3 of mine, or the other 2 success where they are the same but autopens, why would ernie have 5 different autopen signatures? here is a link to another ernie els, which people are saying is autopen also not the same as any of my 3 viewtopic.php?t=229553