Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!

Moderator: admin

Forum rules
Please do not forget to include the celebrity's name, the address, and the sent & received dates. Celeb should be ok to receive fan mail at the address used. Feedback under 3 month old 8)

You can upload your scan here: http://www.surfmypictures.com/ (files under 1MB)

All passwords have been reset on January 14th 2019. To retrieve your new password click here.

Thank you {up}
User avatar
ScottishDan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 1916
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:33 pm
Interests:
Autographs received: 1000
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by ScottishDan » Sat May 07, 2011 11:02 am

I thought I would post this again to help get the database up and running again. {up}

I sent a LOR, VHS cover, SAE and $2 to Tom Hanks In August 2010 and received my Toy Story cover back signed and personalised on the 28th of October 2010. It was a great success! I sent to the address in the database and the photo is below. 8)

Tom Hanks
Playtone
P.O. Box 7340
Santa Monica, CA 90406-7340
USA


Image

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 97737
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:50 pm
Interests:
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by admin » Sun May 08, 2011 9:11 am

Hi ScottishDan :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

{star} Tom Hanks on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)

joe316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:29 pm
Interests:
Autographs received: 408
Collector since: 0
Location:

Re: Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by joe316 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:01 pm

Unfortunately he personalized it on purpose cause he knew that a personalized photograph is worthless to anyone but the person it is personalized to. I have seen Babe Ruth signatures that were personalized not even sell because nobody wants one that is personalized. Sorry to say that other then the sentimental value you could never sell that for anything. :roll:

af10
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 7:08 pm
Interests:
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by af10 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:47 pm

joe316 wrote:Unfortunately he personalized it on purpose cause he knew that a personalized photograph is worthless to anyone but the person it is personalized to. I have seen Babe Ruth signatures that were personalized not even sell because nobody wants one that is personalized. Sorry to say that other then the sentimental value you could never sell that for anything. :roll:



Hey joe316...YOU are the type of person that ruins collecting autographs for the true collectors.

Some people aren't out to make a fast buck off another person's name. Some people like having that item of their favorite celebrity personalized.

You must be so jaded in life that cannot appreciate anything of true personal value.
Leave the collecting to the collectors and if you want to sell...go somewhere else and leech of other people's names...literally.

User avatar
vivalakayla
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner
Posts: 2609
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:08 am
Interests:
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by vivalakayla » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:59 pm

joe316 wrote:Unfortunately he personalized it on purpose cause he knew that a personalized photograph is worthless to anyone but the person it is personalized to. I have seen Babe Ruth signatures that were personalized not even sell because nobody wants one that is personalized. Sorry to say that other then the sentimental value you could never sell that for anything. :roll:


Wow. Yeah you do ruin it for the collectors, so congrats. If you want to make money go somewhere else - but if you stick around here you'll just be considered a loser. - Which obviously you are. Go get a real job, and pay your bills that way! :) This is a fun hobby for everyone here, not to make money!

User avatar
JonAQ
Posts: 556
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:42 am
Interests:
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by JonAQ » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:42 pm

joe316 wrote:Unfortunately he personalized it on purpose cause he knew that a personalized photograph is worthless to anyone but the person it is personalized to. I have seen Babe Ruth signatures that were personalized not even sell because nobody wants one that is personalized. Sorry to say that other then the sentimental value you could never sell that for anything. :roll:


You're wrong on almost everything in that pointless and ignorant post. Alot of collectors don't mind if somethings personalized to someone else. They would rather it isnt, but if it's high enough on their list of wants then they wont mind. You can also remove personalizations from alot of things. But with a post like that, I wouldn't expect you to know that.

As for your information on a Babe Ruth autograph not selling because no one wants one personalized, well if that's true then I'll eat my own shoe. Millions of people would kill (figuratively, and I'm sure in some cases literally) for a Babe Ruth autograph, regardless if it's personalized or not.
Image

Waiting for: Georges St-Pierre, Matt Hamill, Chuck Liddell, Alexandra Daddario, Kevin McKidd, Frank Oz, Scott Foley, Ben Barnes, Henry Winkler, Rory Culkin, Mark Williams, Michael Gambon, Julie Walters, Kenny Baker.

My website-
http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i343/JonAQ/

User avatar
ScottishDan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 1916
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:33 pm
Interests:
Autographs received: 1000
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by ScottishDan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:33 pm

joe316 wrote:Unfortunately he personalized it on purpose cause he knew that a personalized photograph is worthless to anyone but the person it is personalized to. I have seen Babe Ruth signatures that were personalized not even sell because nobody wants one that is personalized. Sorry to say that other then the sentimental value you could never sell that for anything. :roll:


Eh.. I wanted him to personalise it! He's my favourite actor of all time and I will NEVER sell my autographs so I really don't care how much it's worth! 8)

User avatar
vivalakayla
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner
Posts: 2609
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:08 am
Interests:
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by vivalakayla » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:03 am

As for your information on a Babe Ruth autograph not selling because no one wants one personalized, well if that's true then I'll eat my own shoe. Millions of people would kill (figuratively, and I'm sure in some cases literally) for a Babe Ruth autograph, regardless if it's personalized or not.


How do you go about taking off a personalization without ruining the photo?

jadezfire
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:49 pm
Interests:
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by jadezfire » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:52 am

I request mine to be personalized :) and congrats!

joe316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:29 pm
Interests:
Autographs received: 408
Collector since: 0
Location:

Re: Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by joe316 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:23 pm

vivalakayla wrote:
As for your information on a Babe Ruth autograph not selling because no one wants one personalized, well if that's true then I'll eat my own shoe. Millions of people would kill (figuratively, and I'm sure in some cases literally) for a Babe Ruth autograph, regardless if it's personalized or not.


How do you go about taking off a personalization without ruining the photo?


You can't. This person is just trying to protect the idea of getting a photograph personalized and one day their collection would actually be worth something to someone else and their grand children could go to college from it. Wouldn't happen though because you can't remove the personalization and that is why celebrities are doing it. :roll:

Check on Ebay for personalized authenticated Babe Ruth stuff and see that it just isn't selling. I have never seen anything personalized selling on Ebay. So if their is anyone that thinks they can profit from a personalized photo they can't no matter what the people on here are making them believe.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 18 guests