Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
ScottishDan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by ScottishDan »

I thought I would post this again to help get the database up and running again. {up}

I sent a LOR, VHS cover, SAE and $2 to Tom Hanks In August 2010 and received my Toy Story cover back signed and personalised on the 28th of October 2010. It was a great success! I sent to the address in the database and the photo is below. 8)

Tom Hanks
Playtone
P.O. Box 7340
Santa Monica, CA 90406-7340
USA

admin
Site Admin

Re: Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by admin »

Hi ScottishDan :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

{star} Tom Hanks on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
joe316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by joe316 »

Unfortunately he personalized it on purpose cause he knew that a personalized photograph is worthless to anyone but the person it is personalized to. I have seen Babe Ruth signatures that were personalized not even sell because nobody wants one that is personalized. Sorry to say that other then the sentimental value you could never sell that for anything. :roll:
af10
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by af10 »

joe316 wrote:Unfortunately he personalized it on purpose cause he knew that a personalized photograph is worthless to anyone but the person it is personalized to. I have seen Babe Ruth signatures that were personalized not even sell because nobody wants one that is personalized. Sorry to say that other then the sentimental value you could never sell that for anything. :roll:

Hey joe316...YOU are the type of person that ruins collecting autographs for the true collectors.

Some people aren't out to make a fast buck off another person's name. Some people like having that item of their favorite celebrity personalized.

You must be so jaded in life that cannot appreciate anything of true personal value.
Leave the collecting to the collectors and if you want to sell...go somewhere else and leech of other people's names...literally.
vivalakayla
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by vivalakayla »

joe316 wrote:Unfortunately he personalized it on purpose cause he knew that a personalized photograph is worthless to anyone but the person it is personalized to. I have seen Babe Ruth signatures that were personalized not even sell because nobody wants one that is personalized. Sorry to say that other then the sentimental value you could never sell that for anything. :roll:
Wow. Yeah you do ruin it for the collectors, so congrats. If you want to make money go somewhere else - but if you stick around here you'll just be considered a loser. - Which obviously you are. Go get a real job, and pay your bills that way! :) This is a fun hobby for everyone here, not to make money!
JonAQ

Post by JonAQ »

You're wrong on almost everything in that pointless and ignorant post. Alot of collectors don't mind if somethings personalized to someone else. They would rather it isnt, but if it's high enough on their list of wants then they wont mind. You can also remove personalizations from alot of things. But with a post like that, I wouldn't expect you to know that.

As for your information on a Babe Ruth autograph not selling because no one wants one personalized, well if that's true then I'll eat my own shoe. Millions of people would kill (figuratively, and I'm sure in some cases literally) for a Babe Ruth autograph, regardless if it's personalized or not.

Waiting for: Georges St-Pierre, Matt Hamill, Chuck Liddell, Alexandra Daddario, Kevin McKidd, Frank Oz, Scott Foley, Ben Barnes, Henry Winkler, Rory Culkin, Mark Williams, Michael Gambon, Julie Walters, Kenny Baker.

My website-
http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i343/JonAQ/
ScottishDan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ScottishDan »

Eh.. I wanted him to personalise it! He's my favourite actor of all time and I will NEVER sell my autographs so I really don't care how much it's worth! 8)
vivalakayla

Post by vivalakayla »

As for your information on a Babe Ruth autograph not selling because no one wants one personalized, well if that's true then I'll eat my own shoe. Millions of people would kill (figuratively, and I'm sure in some cases literally) for a Babe Ruth autograph, regardless if it's personalized or not.
How do you go about taking off a personalization without ruining the photo?
jadezfire
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jadezfire »

I request mine to be personalized :) and congrats!
joe316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by joe316 »

vivalakayla wrote:
How do you go about taking off a personalization without ruining the photo?
You can't. This person is just trying to protect the idea of getting a photograph personalized and one day their collection would actually be worth something to someone else and their grand children could go to college from it. Wouldn't happen though because you can't remove the personalization and that is why celebrities are doing it. :roll:

Check on Ebay for personalized authenticated Babe Ruth stuff and see that it just isn't selling. I have never seen anything personalized selling on Ebay. So if their is anyone that thinks they can profit from a personalized photo they can't no matter what the people on here are making them believe.