how do i send a request to america?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
helloyououtthere
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

how do i send a request to america?

Post by helloyououtthere »

I'm from England, and i wish to send three seperate autograph requests across to the USA, does anyone know how many/which stamps this will take?

its an A4 envelope :)

also, do i need to include a photo?

ripror
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: how do i send a request to america?

Post by ripror »

When sending a letter in America, I usually use about 3 American stamps. I don't know if it would be more since it is coming from outside. You should just be able to have the post office gauge that for you. Also, include some IRCs for the return postage. You can send a photo, but some actors will provide their own. It depends on whether you want a specific photo of a character they have played. Who are you planning to send to?
Most Recent TTM: Ray Harryhausen, Joan Fantaine)
Best Successes: Personalized Tim Burton, Alan Rickman, Geoffrey Rush, Richard Briers
Most Wanted: Ralph Fiennes, David Tennant, Leonard Nimoy, Peter Jackson, Sean Astin
PerryMason
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by PerryMason »

Hey,

I am from [germany] and I usually include a 5 US $ bill....never had any problems....
Waiting for:
Jensen Ackles, Angela Lansbury, Sidney Poitier, Betty White, Mark Wahlberg, Max von Sydow, Henry Cavill, Gene Hackman, William Shatner, Candice Bergen, Andy Griffith, Barbara Hale, James Franco, Chris Hemsworth, Ben Affleck, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Jack Nicholson
gobrowns
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gobrowns »

ive made mistakes too but this should not be in the feedback forum
Received: Dirk nowitzki, troy aikman, pawn stars, john travolta email, steve young, carmelo anthony stamp, peyton manning, joe theismann, bobby doerr, bill cowher, teemu selanne, joe dumars, brad daugherty, robert parish, dan fouts, larry johnson, warren moon, mike modano, shaq, tony romo, bill stewart, dwayne johnson pp, brad brownell, tony dungy , jim calhoun, olaf kolzig, bobby bonilla, bobby petrino, lenny wilkens, brett hull, tom izzo, eric staal, john leclair, gary payton, arnold schwazenneger, mike eruzione, chris perez, joe thornton, matt laporta, mitch talbot, jaromir jagr, jon embree, ed Hochuli, alexander frolov, mike brey, rick barnes , mark fox , boomer esiason, jb homes, jim craig, justin masterson, american pickers, terrell brandon, ozzie newsome, hersey hawkins, david akers, aj hawk, craig ehlo, allen iverson, nick saban pp, vince carter, coach k email, jerry azumah,
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

Hi, The Royal Mail prices are here:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump ... d=11200122

Or you can take your items to any Post Office and have them weighed and stamped (as opposed to you putting on 3 1st class etc).

It's up to you if you send a photo.

And don't forget you need return postage, so American stamps, IRC's or $ cash.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
bobd_uk
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bobd_uk »

The question really needs more information as postage is based on size and weight.

Whenever I send a C5 envelope containing a 10x8 card backed envelope, a 10x8 photo and a LOR, the postage to the USA is usually just over £3.
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

International postage from the UK is determined by weight only. Unless you are talking about the price bands you can send items, ie Letters or Printed Papers/ Small Packets.

It is domestic mail that is done by both size & weight.
NO LONGER ACTIVE