Kate Winslet Authentic!!

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
desi1220
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Kate Winslet Authentic!!

Post by desi1220 »

It's definitley authentic. I recieved a reply email because I didn't put my address in the request because I wasn't sure if I was requesting in the right place. They emailed me back asking me for my address, so I guess that's a reply email? You should get something in the mail, I think.
charger88
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by charger88 »

ultimateager wrote:People. These are autopenned signatures. Not authentic
Your G W Bush is deff AP. Sorry. {down}
buffysatine
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by buffysatine »

desi1220 wrote:It's definitley authentic. I recieved a reply email because I didn't put my address in the request because I wasn't sure if I was requesting in the right place. They emailed me back asking me for my address, so I guess that's a reply email? You should get something in the mail, I think.

Why does getting a reply email mean its authentic????
buffysatine

Post by buffysatine »

Jonnoy1572 wrote:Kate is the only one who has "signed" for Longines. If its real awesome. If not no biggy for me. Sure, hers looks the easiest to duplicate should they be Secretarial, but at least they were signed. The lady said they had a limited supply of them.

I personally don't care if they autopenned. I just don't see why people seem to think these celebrities have nothing better to do but sign autographs just for them, then get offended because it's not real. Be thankful you got something at all. I've received several letters stating the people I wrote does not sign at all.

The reason people get upset when its NOT real is becuase this is an autograph collecting forum & most people that are serious collectors like myself (& several other members I know) only want the real thing - not a picture signed by a Secretary, a machine or just preprinted - they are worthless & mean nothing. People don't assume celebs have nothing better to do than sign, you send a request in the hope they will (& many do look after their fans & sign for us). Its a shame not everybody does. Anyone who is serious about collecting does not want FAKE/MACHINE signatures in their collection.
buffysatine

Post by buffysatine »

Lorena wrote:
buffysatine wrote:
Lorena wrote: The omega ones from Clooney/Crawford/Kidman are ALL preprint - I have seen my friends ones - they are NOT authentic!
I am saying that they were authentic since very beggining that OMEGA started to send them. Not now. I was the first one that presented autograph from omega, by Cindy Crawford and later from George Clooney and both were authentic. Unfortunately now they just send PP's.
My friend requested hers at the 'beginning' of the advertising campaigns for both people you named and they are preprinted - sorry!
Jonnoy1572
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jonnoy1572 »

Well then I guess everyones attitude towards collecting is different. I'm not doing this as a nest egg type thing to where if I have to sell I can. I do it just for something to do with my kids. We have authentics, we have PP, and we have autopens. Our authentics are personally collected via venue. All the other autographs we have is a gamble, like a crapshoot. When you mail off, you never know what your getting. We appreciate anything that's sent. It's worth the stamp or email to see the look on my kids face to open the envelopes and see who's inside.

My collection is a hobby, not an obsession. It makes my kids happy that's all that matters to me.
If you want to see this and more, got to photobucket and look-up the user name jonboy1572. All the pics and envelopes are there. After numerous failed attempts to upload through photobucket and imageshack, I've given up. Its all on photobucket if you want to see it.

The only truly authentic autograph you will ever get is the one you personally saw being signed. Anything else your just taking someone elses word for it....
buffysatine

Post by buffysatine »

Jonnoy1572 wrote:Well then I guess everyones attitude towards collecting is different. I'm not doing this as a nest egg type thing to where if I have to sell I can. I do it just for something to do with my kids. We have authentics, we have PP, and we have autopens. Our authentics are personally collected via venue. All the other autographs we have is a gamble, like a crapshoot. When you mail off, you never know what your getting. We appreciate anything that's sent. It's worth the stamp or email to see the look on my kids face to open the envelopes and see who's inside.

My collection is a hobby, not an obsession. It makes my kids happy that's all that matters to me.
My collection is also a hobby & has been since I was a child. It is also not a nest egg to sell as I request to have everything dedicated to me. It is a hobby I am serious about & when I started as a child the goal was to always get the person to read my letter and hopefully sign something to me. Just knowing that they read your letter and took the time to dedicate a photo to you is PRICELESS. It is not the '$$$$' value for me its the sentimental value of having something actually signed by the person I like/admmire enough to write too. Most collectors I know do this for the exact same reason as I do. Even as child I was dissappointed to get a preprint back.

Celebs who do not sign I think obviously do not care about their fanbase as much. Answering fanmail is part of the job and I dont see how many of them can't set aside even 1 hour a week to sign some photos for fans. Many of the big name stars at the moment still can find the time to do this like Chrisitan Bale, Mark Wahlberg, Amanda Seyfried, Sienna Miller etc... & sign genuine autographs for their fans. Not be lazy and use auto pens or pre prints. I would rather not hear back at all then get a SEC and have my item ruined by someone else (if I wanted anybodies auto I would have jsut given it to anybody to sign). Auto pens /Stamps are just as misleading to people who do not know much about collecting.

I would be happy to wait however long and get back a genuine autograph. The most precious ones to me are the ones who have obviously read my letter and make some reference to something I have said on my photo they have signed.

I recently got to meet Australian singer/actress Natalie Bassingthwaighte whom I wrote to several months ago. When I wrote she not only signed my photos with special messages she sent me a handwritten letter. She came into the crowd before taping X Factor Australia which she is now a mentor on. When I started talking to her she not only remembered my letter & its contents & asked me about how several things I mentioned in the letter were going, she also even remembered my name. She hugged me and told me how much my letter had meant to her etc... Do you know how great that made me feel? That is someone who cares about their fans (& you may not know her overseas but she is very famous here & does get alot of fanmail). Some celebs obviously appreciates their fans & enjoy reading our letters.
Jonnoy1572
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jonnoy1572 »

Oh I agree 100%. That's why I never send anything personal out. We just request. If I'm gonna have something signed that's personal to me or my children, we get it done via venue. I've read too many times of people sending stuff out to get a celeb signature on it and it never comes back.
If you want to see this and more, got to photobucket and look-up the user name jonboy1572. All the pics and envelopes are there. After numerous failed attempts to upload through photobucket and imageshack, I've given up. Its all on photobucket if you want to see it.

The only truly authentic autograph you will ever get is the one you personally saw being signed. Anything else your just taking someone elses word for it....
loveryan

Post by loveryan »

Congrats!!
Great success :)
Lorena
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lorena »

Unfortunately I emailed Longines and they told me that autographed pictures from Kate are no more available. Perhaps we have to wait.
Sincerely
Lydia