Please help, is this Ed Norton auto authentic

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
LotsofAutos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Please help, is this Ed Norton auto authentic

Post by LotsofAutos »

Hi all thank you in advance for taking the time to look at my post and comment. Pretty soon my girlfriend and I are going to be together six years and I wanted to surprise her with an Ed Norton auto (her favorite actor). I found this movie poster on a website that claims to sell authentic s, the problem is the price is only $155 for the entire cast. That seems a little cheap to me. In addition, his signature does look a little different than those on authenticated ones. Please let me know what you think, I'm attaching a photo of the autograph.
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Please help, is this Ed Norton auto authentic

Post by guilder1st »

That doesn't look authentic to me. None of the signatures on that poster do. They almost look like they were all signed by the same person.
tansk1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tansk1 »

That poster is from allautograph.com (formerly neautograph.com). Nothing in their stock is authentic, and likely as guilder pointed out, forged by the one person. You cannot buy authentic full cast movie posters from major blockbuster movies for $150. Good for you for recognizing the suspicious deal. Stay away from that website.
LotsofAutos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LotsofAutos »

Thank you both, I can't believe that website is even allowed to exist. When I emailed them about my suspicion, they claimed they have been in business for 15 years and they work with the FBI and New York Police force to make sure they obtain only authentic autographs. In addition, they claimed they could get hard to get signatures because of their connections. I was like, clearly if a signature is hard to get it is going to be expensive. I ended up going to ebay and buying a photo that is already psa/dna certified. Thank you all so much for your help.

Exact email:
My question

I am very interested in this product, however I have been looking around on the internet and have found some psa/dna authenticated items signed by Ed Norton. The signatures on these items differ from the one on the poster. These items also cost $300 because it's extremely hard to get an Ed Norton autograph. Do you have any pictures of the actors on this poster signing it?

Their Response:
It is very hard to get Ed Norton signature, but we have business over 15 years and we are able to get very hard autographs because of our inexhaustible resources, let us know if your still interested. We work with the FBI and the New York Police Force to ensure that every item is 100% authentic, and hand signed by each person!
RYAN-J
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by RYAN-J »

Yeah, that one is a terrible forgery. One clue is all the different Sharpie colors used to sign it with. Typically that's what forgers do, so it's eye catching and make people say 'oooh!!'. {down} Also the readability of all the signatures is a dead give away too, most posters will never have that many hard to get names and actually be able to read them, mainly you'll get a quick scribble and one or two readable ones.

RYAN-J 8)
Check out My Autograph Collection! NONE are for sale or Trade. Sorry. - LIKE {up} My Official Facebook Fan Page!

DUE TO MY BUSY WORK SCHEDULE OUTSIDE OF AUTOGRAPH COLLECTING & INCREASING SPAMMING ISSUES I CAN NO LONGER GIVE OUT OR LOOK UP VIA VENUE OR EMAIL ADDRESSES. TOO MANY 'FANS' WITH THE WRONG COLLECTING MOTIVES ON HERE KEEP ABUSING THESE TYPES OF ADDRESSES AND END UP SELLING THE SIGNED ITEMS LATER ON FOR PROFIT {down}

Printable TTM Log Sheet (Great way to keep track of all your pending requests!!)

Total # of Autographs in my collection: 2,020 Authentic Autographs: 1,872 Pre-Prints & Autopens: 155 Personalized Autographs: 569 Q&A Cards: 40 Cast-signed Broadway Playbills: 15