Obama certificate

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Obama certificate

Post by osiris »

Personally, I think it's reason to change the rules anyway. So what if he was born in Kenya? If his mother is American, he grew up in America and IS American... why doesnt it matter? If they can elect an Austrian to govenor of California they can damn sure elect a President who was born elsewhere.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
Sun Devil
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sun Devil »

osiris wrote:Personally, I think it's reason to change the rules anyway. So what if he was born in Kenya? If his mother is American, he grew up in America and IS American... why doesnt it matter? If they can elect an Austrian to govenor of California they can **** sure elect a President who was born elsewhere.

Why does it matter? Go read Article 2 Sec 1 of the United States Constitution. If Liberals and Democrats had their way our Constitution would look like a high school chalkboard. Changing it every single day. Futhermore, your argument of Arnold being elected as Governor holds no weight as that position does not stipulate the same requirements to be President. Maybe the Queen of England and her heirs give up their position to street bums....how important would William and Harry be without their precious DNA? Point being, you like your tradition of the Monarchy and WE REPSECT OUR CONSTITUTION.
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

Sun Devil wrote: Why does it matter? Go read Article 2 Sec 1 of the United States Constitution. If Liberals and Democrats had their way our Constitution would look like a high school chalkboard. Changing it every single day. Futhermore, your argument of Arnold being elected as Governor holds no weight as that position does not stipulate the same requirements to be President. Maybe the Queen of England and her heirs give up their position to street bums....how important would William and Harry be without their precious DNA? Point being, you like your tradition of the Monarchy and WE REPSECT OUR CONSTITUTION.
Erm. I'm very aware that it follows "the rules" in your Constitution. The whole point of my argument was WHY is there a stipulation in the Constitution for one post in office and not another? What does it serve? Yes it's "the rules" but WHY do you need it? Aren't laws made to be amended upon the realisation that they hold no point anymore? You could have the best candidate for office, raised in America, born to Americans, but his Mum and Dad were on holiday in... Japan... when he was born. You would deny him the opportunity for a fact that was beyond his control? It's bizarre.

Equating it to our Royal Family is ridiculous. Besides, I like how you assume I'm a Royalist.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.