Prince William & Kate Autograph Petition

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Prince William & Kate Autograph Petition

Post by jdp3577 »

exactly how can you petition someone for an autograph? are you really going to send them the petition, saying 100 people think you should send me an autograph so send me one?
#-John-#
echoamaru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by echoamaru »

Sorry to disappoint, but the British royal family do not sign autographs I'm afraid.
James

Post by James »

All I can add is, LOL
Deannelson13
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Deannelson13 »

sorry to dissopoint but as far as i know , no member of the royal family will sign (petition or no petition!) , Queen Elizabeth used to send out a double sided un-signed photo but now all you will get from any member of the royal family is a very politely worded letter explaining that for certain reasons (and many requests) they cannot sign , there are very few ways of getting an autograph from any royal... and sadly a petition... is not one of them
spark deLite
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spark deLite »

It's quite a new idea so I'd have to give you points for thinking outside the box, effort, and originality. I don't know if it'll be effective or not but bless you for putting yourself out there. It can't hurt to ask.
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

I arranged for my Nana and Grandad to recieve a signed card from The Queen as they celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.

Is about the only way!
NO LONGER ACTIVE
PsychoGeek
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by PsychoGeek »

kimmylee wrote:I arranged for my Nana and Grandad to recieve a signed card from The Queen as they celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.

Is about the only way!
And what did that cost?
Favorite Autographs: Jeremy Renner, Ron Turcotte, Adam Young, John Cygan, James Franco, Wright King, Eric Scott, Matthew McConaughey
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

PsychoGeek wrote:
kimmylee wrote:I arranged for my Nana and Grandad to recieve a signed card from The Queen as they celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.

Is about the only way!
And what did that cost?

Actually, it was free. All I had to do was send a copy of their marriage certificate along with a form. They sent me a thankyou letter too, obviously not signed by the Queen! And the card for grandparents was sent Special Delivery which is a next day, registered service.

Her Majesty does this for british citizens celebrating wedding anniversaries 60th, 65th, 70th and every year after, and birthdays at 100, 105 and every year after.

I believe to save money the card design is changed every 5 years. The card has the name(s) and occasion celebrated stuck into the card on a piece of paper, and she signs the card at the bottom.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

Since the cards originated as a telegram, and are now a telemessage (i.e. telegram through the post), I believe the signature is a facsimilie. However, it is the closest you're ever going to get an an honour to receive :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.