Political Autograph Collectors

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Chris102

Re: Political Autograph Collectors

Post by Chris102 »

TheORKINMan wrote:Just got Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito today. First success from him I've seen on fanmail.biz
Congratulations! Glad you heard back from him. I had luck writing to him shortly after he was confirmed in 2005.
WildChild96
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WildChild96 »

Chris102 wrote:I have hundreds of political autographs in my collection. You name the politician, I probably have their autograph! I have mutiple autographs from every President from Nixon onward (with the exception of Reagan) and every Vice President from Nelson Rockefeller on, in addition to countless Senators, Representatives, Governors, First Ladies, White House staffers, and other officials.

I got most of them through the mail, with the exception of the bigger name politicians. I've had the opportunity to meet and obtain autographs from Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill and Hillary Clinton (multiple times), Joe Biden (multiple times), Rudy Giuliani, Caroline Kennedy, Sarah Palin, John McCain, and Ethel Kennedy in person, along with many others.

It's hard to choose my favorites because I have so many! If I had to pick, I'd say my favorites would be my Barack Obama inscribed photo (only personalized autograph I ever saw from the 2008 campaign); my George W. Bush inscribed photo (obtained while he was in office); my two Ted Kennedy inscribed photos, signed just a year before his passing; and my Hillary Clinton inscribed photo (one of the very few authentic autographs to come out of her Senate office).

In the area of Presidential autographs, I've been lucky enough to get multiple authentic signatures from our Presidents. I have 3 from Gerald R. Ford, 9 (and counting!) Jimmy Carter signatures, 4 George H.W. Bush signatures, 7 Bill Clinton signatures, 3 George W. Bush signatures, and 4 Barack Obama signatures, all authentic.

I do have scans of everything in my collection on my computer, so if anyone's interested in seeing anything just let me know!
Good God! You have the most amazing political autograph collection I have ever seen.
Most Recent TTM: Clint Hill - 12/17
Most Recent IP: Ville Leino - 11/14
Theone30
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Theone30 »

Chris102 wrote:I have hundreds of political autographs in my collection. You name the politician, I probably have their autograph! I have mutiple autographs from every President from Nixon onward (with the exception of Reagan) and every Vice President from Nelson Rockefeller on, in addition to countless Senators, Representatives, Governors, First Ladies, White House staffers, and other officials.

I got most of them through the mail, with the exception of the bigger name politicians. I've had the opportunity to meet and obtain autographs from Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill and Hillary Clinton (multiple times), Joe Biden (multiple times), Rudy Giuliani, Caroline Kennedy, Sarah Palin, John McCain, and Ethel Kennedy in person, along with many others.

It's hard to choose my favorites because I have so many! If I had to pick, I'd say my favorites would be my Barack Obama inscribed photo (only personalized autograph I ever saw from the 2008 campaign); my George W. Bush inscribed photo (obtained while he was in office); my two Ted Kennedy inscribed photos, signed just a year before his passing; and my Hillary Clinton inscribed photo (one of the very few authentic autographs to come out of her Senate office).

In the area of Presidential autographs, I've been lucky enough to get multiple authentic signatures from our Presidents. I have 3 from Gerald R. Ford, 9 (and counting!) Jimmy Carter signatures, 4 George H.W. Bush signatures, 7 Bill Clinton signatures, 3 George W. Bush signatures, and 4 Barack Obama signatures, all authentic.

I do have scans of everything in my collection on my computer, so if anyone's interested in seeing anything just let me know!

Very impressive...I thought I had a lot. I am up to 147 authentic political autographs from various different offices, but I do not campare when it comes to Presidents and Vice Presidents. Congrats [us]

Waiting for many former and current US Politicians and Historical Figures:

Most Wanted--Henry Kissinger.(PM if you have one and want to trade)
Baseball HOF collection--40 and counting
2011 has been my best year for autographs over 300 in so far
*Don't post email addresses*
jtalmodovar26
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jtalmodovar26 »

Got Joe Biden's Autograph from the Whitehouse Contact form. The Picture is a PP and the Form letter (It's really weird part is Form and part is sort of personalized (he talks about age and education (I mentioned that I was 14)) is signed but, I'm not sure if it's real or not. Pretty Cool Success though {up}
Waiting for: Donald Trump ; Will Ferrell ; Bill Nye the Science Guy ; Bryan Cranston ; Steve Ballmer ; ozzy ;Rick Moranis ;Tom Savini ; Daniel Tosh ; Clint Eastwood ;Stephen Colbert ; Tom Herr ;Chris Gardner ; Steve Carell ; Jack Mcbrayer ;Nancy Pelosi ; Anthony Weiner ; R.L stine , Ray Bradbury ; Harrison Ford ;Tom Scholz ; Steve Martin ; Carlos Santana
Autographs (TTM): Pawn Stars ; Theodore Gray ; Jillian Michaels ; Sid Meiers ; Clive Cussler ; Jay Leno ; Sen. Mike Sturla ; Bear Grylls ; Gov. Ed Rendell ; The Fonz! ; A-rod ; Hugh Laurie ; Steve Wozniak ; MythBusters! (Tori , Grant , Kari!); Bill Clinton! ; Arnold Schwarzenneger (X2)
Chevy Chase ; John Lasseter ; Ben Bernanke ; VP Joe Biden ; Jenna Fischer ; Peter Billingsley ; Marcus Hamilton ; Ed Asner

Check out my photobucket (not all of my pics are up yet): http://adf.ly/KIER
jjjj
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jjjj »

Chris102 wrote:
TheORKINMan wrote:Just got Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito today. First success from him I've seen on fanmail.biz
Congratulations! Glad you heard back from him. I had luck writing to him shortly after he was confirmed in 2005.

Chris, how did you get an authentic Obama? And also, who do you consider our next president to be after Obama. I would like to go after some candidates. Thanks.
Theone30
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Theone30 »

To answer your question according to Karl Rove the GOP's candidates as of now..."I have a baker's dozen. You know, Barbour, Daniels, Gingrich, Huckabee, Jindal, Palin, Pataki, Pawlenty, Paul, Pence, Romney, Santorum and Thune -- I mean 13"

Theone30
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Theone30 »

2010 is just about over so I decided to list most of what I got this year in regard to political autographs.
Pres.
George HW Bush
George W Bush
Congress
Ron Paul
Bob Barr
Senators
Bill Frist
Byron Dorgan
Bob Graham
George Mitchell
Scott Brown
Governors
Jay Nixon
Victor Atiyan
Bob Riley
Jon M. Huntsman Jr.
Jim Doyle
Bob Martinez
James Thompson
John Rowland
Dale Wolf
Halley Barbour
Bev Perdue
Marvin Mandel
Michael Dukakis
George Pataki
Mayors
Ed Koch
Greg Ballard
Julian Castro
Dave Bronconnier
Jerry Ambrason
White House
Bill Bennett
Hazel O’Leary
Ted Sorensen
Karl Rove
Brent Scowcroft
Marlin Fitzwater
Barbara Franklin
Fred Fielding
Shirley Hufstedler
Charles Colsen
Other Political Figures
Andrew Napolitano
Alan Dershowitz
Oliver North
Alan Shapiro
Robert Kennedy Jr.
Tim Cahill
Farah Pahlhavi
Tommy Franks
Daniel Kutzner
John Bolton
Glenn Beck
Drew Glipin Faust
Douglas Gansler
Robert Moegenthau
Ralph Klein
David Groosman
Russell Honre
26 Noble Prize winners

This is all I can remember right now, I think I got about another 20 more plus around 50 PP and AP. PM me if you would like any of the addresses...What did you all get??

jp285
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jp285 »

So far this year all books unless otherwise noted

C/O bookstore signings...
Jimmy Carter
George W. Bush
Harold Ford
Condileeza Rice
Laura Bush

Books signed ttm...
James Baker personalized
Walter Mondale (maybe autopen, not sure) also signed campaign button
Ross Perot also signed campaign button
Barbara Bush (signed bookplate)
Jimmy Carter x3 personalized
Michael Steele personalized
Dan Quayle
Newt Gingrich x2 personalized
George Tenet personalized
John McCain personalized (could be autopenned)
Stansfield Turner personalized
Louis Freeh personalized
Daryl Gates personalized
Bob Dole personalized also signed several campaign buttons (hes the man ttm!)
Robert F Kennedy personalized
George W. Bush (signed Decision Points bookplate)
Sean Hannity personalized (also signed a bumpersticker)
Henry Paulson personalized (also signed $1 bill)
Colin Powell
Ron Paul personalized
Tony Blair (bookplate)
John Danforth personalized
John Ashcroft personalized (took foooooreeeever;sent last year)

Signed books Purchased...
Lyndon B. Johnson (signed on a presidential bookplate personalized to someone else)
Jimmy Carter x2
Pat Nixon (Nixon library bookplate)
Captain Alex Larzelere (Nixon library bookplate)
John Kerry
Trent Lott
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Newt Gingrich & Calista Gingrich
Jim DeMint

As a gift...
Barack Obama paperback flatsigned copy of Audacity of Hope

So far still waiting on...
Bob Woodward - Secret Man, also requested two bookplates
Jimmy Carter – Virtues Of Aging, Nobel Prize
Mikhail Gorbachev – Memoirs
Newt Gingrich – Plan For America, Restoring God in America
John Grisham – The Brethren, The Testament
Brent Scowcroft – World Transformed

I am about five books away from completing all of Jimmy Carter's books. Going to focus on Watergate players as well as other notable government people. May get a few signed campaign buttons and posters as well. Hello 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jp285
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jp285 »

So far...

Bob Woodward 1/1 signed book "Secret Man"
Jimmy Carter 2/2 signed inscribed books "Nobel Prize" and "Virtues of Aging"
Orrin Hatch 1/1 signed inscribed book "Confessions of Citizen Senator"
Theone30
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Theone30 »

2011 so far (Authentic) PM for addresses
Warren Christopher
Evan Bayh
Romeo Dallaire
G. Gordon Liddy