Cowboy actors still living.

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Ratman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Cowboy actors still living.

Post by Ratman »

Is there any way to know which movie and tv cowboy character actors are still living?
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Cowboy actors still living.

Post by BossC »

I'd go to IMDB.com and search for the movie (or actor) you liked and then click on each actor. The first thing you should see is a photo and their birthdate. If they have passed away, the date will be right there, under their birthdate. If there is not a date, they are probably still alive.

Most the ones I am familier with have died: Roy Rogers and Dale Evans were my favorites, too bad I didn't become a fan before they passed away. I heard they were great with fanmail. :(

Good luck. {up}

BossC
packrat

Post by packrat »

You could also check Wikipedia. The site is (usually) good for information you can use to write you letters, plus links to other sites that may have more stuff for you to look up.
Ratman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ratman »

Thank You. I actually have Roy Rogers and Dale Evams on a index card. This was before I knew to send a sase 8x10. I found a few character actors from Clint Eastwood and John Wayne movies so I am trying to write them. Thinking a couple from 'High Chaparral' are still live (Blue Boy is one).
Johnny's Fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Johnny's Fan »

I'm pretty sure Harry Carey Jr. is alive, he was in a lot of westerns especially with John Wayne.

Can't think of anyone else though...

Playbills: A Little Night Music (Angela Lansbury), Wicked, A Steady Rain (Daniel Craig & Hugh Jackman), The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, The Phantom of the Opera, Blithe Spirit (Angela Lansbury)
Most Wanted: Jason Isaacs, Andy Serkis, Peter Jackson, Johnny Depp
Personalized: 54
Most prized: Cate Blanchett, Tony Shalhoub, Mary Costa, Daniel Craig, Brad Bird, Patti LuPone, Richard Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Aaron Eckhart, John Rhys-Davis, Eli Wallach, David Wenham, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McKellen