Playbill Collectors

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
RYAN J.

Re: Playbill Collectors

Post by RYAN J. »

Those may be valuable to some collector's!! I know a lot of people enjoy collecting unsigned Playbills. Even their signed they will bring even more money in. but it all depends on who signed them. {up}

RYAN J. 8)
Doris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Doris »

{up}
TheScarletPimpernel

Post by TheScarletPimpernel »

jblmom wrote:I had to start somewhere and this site seemed a good one to help me find my way. My father in law passed away last year and he had saved all the playbills from the years he and his wife had been going to plays. So sad to see ones life of memories boxed up and packed away. Anyway, I have not looked them them all, but, I am guessing that they are not signed. In your opinion are they worth messing with selling on ebay or somewhere? When I looked they sure don't seem to be selling for much. Thank you for any advice.

mary/jblmom
Sometimes an unsigned one is more valuable than one that is signed (depending who it is of course). For example, "A Steady Rain" playbill unsigned isn't worth the same as if Daniel Craig had signed it (more valuable). Someone like an understudy for Belle while Toni Braxton was starring in "Beauty and the Beast" would lessen the value.

I would sell them cheaply individually or bundle them. If you have a list, I'd love to see it! I collect unsigned playbills!
WONDERLAND:Alice's New Musical Adventure enjoyed a short, but sweet run on Broadway in Spring of 2011!

-- GREG :D
rachael

Post by rachael »

I love playbills, and I collect them where I can. I have a few, but I am always looking to add SIGNED Randy Harrison playbills. If anyone can help out, feel free to PM me.
Here is my selling website. Lots of autographs for sale! http://www.rachaelgrant.com/items/
Favourite: Daniel Radcliffe, JK Rowling, Alan Rickman, River Phoenix, Evangeline Lily
Want: Randy Harrison signed theatre items
maryagouger
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by maryagouger »

I have 88 Playbills from 1937 - 2003. They are part of an estate
and I would love to find a collector who would be interested
in purchasing them as a collection or individual ones. I don't know
if any of them are autographed. 73 of them
are in Playbill binders. How do I find collectors?
I have gone online and found nothing but this forum. If someone is
interested contact me - I have a list but don't wnat to takee up too
much space here. maryagouger@hotmail.com
kman102
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kman102 »

I got my Phantom of the Opera back today. It looks like it's signed by 10 people. :D
emily64cooper
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by emily64cooper »

I'm looking for a playbill from Happy Days - A New Musical. I don't think it was ever actually on Broadway (but I'm not sure), but I know that the tour ended in 2009.

Does anyone know where I could find one?
Through the Mail: Catherine Tate, Jayma Mays, Matthew David Lewis, Marion Ross, Millvina Dean, Billie Piper, Sandra Shipley, Aldis Hodge, Camille Coduri.
In Person: Cast of Wicked (Broadway 2008), Cast of Xanadu (Broadway 2009), Cast of Equus (Broadway 2009), Cast of RENT: The Broadway Tour (2009), The Goo Goo Dolls, Naia Kete
Waiting for: Joshua Jackson, Seth Gabel, John Noble, Jasika Nicole.
Writing To: Kevin Corrigan, Blair Brown, Anna Torv, Meghan Markle.
Most Wanted: Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, JK Rowling, others here.
TheScarletPimpernel

Post by TheScarletPimpernel »

emily64cooper wrote:I'm looking for a playbill from Happy Days - A New Musical. I don't think it was ever actually on Broadway (but I'm not sure), but I know that the tour ended in 2009.

Does anyone know where I could find one?

Check eBay. Don't have one... it was a flop tour though unfortunately, so it could be hard!
WONDERLAND:Alice's New Musical Adventure enjoyed a short, but sweet run on Broadway in Spring of 2011!

-- GREG :D
Johnny's Fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Johnny's Fan »

Does anyone know if Driving Miss Daisy has been sending out playbills? I haven't seen a success.

Playbills: A Little Night Music (Angela Lansbury), Wicked, A Steady Rain (Daniel Craig & Hugh Jackman), The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, The Phantom of the Opera, Blithe Spirit (Angela Lansbury)
Most Wanted: Jason Isaacs, Andy Serkis, Peter Jackson, Johnny Depp
Personalized: 54
Most prized: Cate Blanchett, Tony Shalhoub, Mary Costa, Daniel Craig, Brad Bird, Patti LuPone, Richard Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Aaron Eckhart, John Rhys-Davis, Eli Wallach, David Wenham, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McKellen
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

I sent a request last year and still haven't gotten a response back. :? Maybe their waiting till the play is finished before sending them out. I did hear their doing some sort of Charity thing and that the actors wouldn't sign items. {down}

RYAN J. 8)