Not all recent but...

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Not all recent but...

Post by goswannies »

Brian Wilson (Nov 10 & in about 04)
Beach Boys Mike Love and Bruce Johnson about 07
the Australian Cricket team 07
the Sydney Swans
John McEnroe '10 & '11
Pat Cash '10 & '11
Ivan Lendl '11
Mark Woodforde '10 & '11
Pat Rafter '10
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Not all recent but...

Post by Tabby »

You met the Beach Boys? How cool! I have a signed picture of them I got 3 years ago. I'm going to send to them again in a few weeks because John Stamos will be with them and I really want an autograph from him.
I mainly collect voice actor and Disney related autographs-Any questions with Disney successes/addresses? Feel free to PM me!
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by goswannies »

Tabby wrote:You met the Beach Boys? How cool! I have a signed picture of them I got 3 years ago. I'm going to send to them again in a few weeks because John Stamos will be with them and I really want an autograph from him.
Yup! Mike was really chatty. Bruce was friendly. Brian didn't really talk on either occasion. But did sign so I was super happy. I was thinking about John Stamos. And you can buy Al Jardine via his website.
As for James Earl Jones, I've had several TTM successes for him. He is (or at least was) a very generous signer.
drewsdarlin
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by drewsdarlin »

Cool about meeting the Beach boys.
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by goswannies »

goswannies wrote:
Tabby wrote:You met the Beach Boys? How cool! I have a signed picture of them I got 3 years ago. I'm going to send to them again in a few weeks because John Stamos will be with them and I really want an autograph from him.
Last year I had one of my best concert experiences EVER. Beach Boys 50th Anniversary Tour. I was buying merchandise ... a fair bit of it ... when a guy came up to me & said "you've got a bit of stuff there"
I replied that I had, coz I love the BB's. He asked me if I wanted a bonus, offering me a CD.
"Sure ... thanks!" I replied.
He asked if I knew who the artist was ... "Sure do, he's the backup guitarist for the touring band".
They guy pointed to a group of men sitting around a table & said the one in the black jacket produced the album.
I approached the guy in the black jacket & asked if he'd mind signing the CD cover for me.
He looked skeptical asking "wouldn't you rather the artist sign it?"
"Is he here?" I replied
"No"
"Well then I'm happy if you'd sign it"
Mr Black Jacket seemed chuffed as he obliged. He then asked me if I wanted another keepsake.
"That'd be great!"
He handed me a green octagonal sticker & told me "you might like this"
I nearly died when I read it 'Back Stage Pass'
He told me to head to the stage after the concert & see if I could get back there.
Well, while I really loved the concert - over 40 Beach Boys classics sung in amazing harmonies ... they haven't lost it! - I was bursting hanging out for the end.
Turned out very few people had backstage passes so I was ushered back there & got to hang out with the Beach Boys & the backing band!
As a momento, I am now the very proud owner of a photo signed by the 5 living original Beach Boys: Brian (his signature is pretty scribbly), Bruce, Mike, Al & Dave Marks ... & another signed by those 5 & most of the backing band too!
On top of that they shared their drinks with me!
Best concert EVER for me!!