Don't always worry about the money.....

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
iao
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Don't always worry about the money.....

Post by iao »

The money for a photo issue is very "iffy". I have had a few actors that are said to 'charge money' return my money with my signed photo. I suppose because I did the work for them... I supplied the photo and return envelope/postage. Others are very kind and sign my photo and return it when I did not even know they charged. Then there are the sweethearts that sign the photo I supplied and send me a few more in as a bonus. Then there are those that never reply. Or the ones where your letter reaches the agency and they return your letter saying 'see the site for $$', then you actually send it to the actor and they sign it for free. Then there are those that become 'friends'. This hobby is a roller coaster ride, fun and loopy. :lol:
zzublue
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Don't always worry about the money.....

Post by zzublue »

Yes, I agree. How actors handle about that material differs time to time, and that can affect you lovely, while sometimes it can also make you feel disappointed.
Most Wanted: Jennifer Aniston, Emma Watson, Kathy Bates, Megan Fox(Personalized), Milla Jovovich, Monica Bellucci, Kate Beckinsale
Latest Success: Amanda Seyfried(Authentic, Personalized), Pierce Brosnan(Authentic), Milla Jovovich(AP)
Waiting On: Scott Speedman, Emma Watson, Megan Fox
About to Send Out: Milla Jovovich, Kate Beckinsale

Autograph Collecting is So Much Passionate & Appealing!
~Autograph Hound~

*My Sale Section* Please Visit!
A Couple Of Autographs For Sale: http://fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=209353
Natalie Portman Autograph For Sale(Authentic, RARE!): http://fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=209705

Contact Addresses: zuublue@hanmail.net or PM! =)
chriscollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chriscollector »

Except in sports. They are pretty strict.

However I am a firm believer in the letter being the difference maker. I have gotten my money back, handwritten notes w/ my money, extra signed items w/ my money. If they feel your letter is an honest, sincere, truthful letter it usually makes a world of difference.

The ONLY thing I would ask/recommend is that should you get a star who charges for free, not post it on the board. If that star immediatly gets a stack of mail with no money it ruins it.
dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

chriscollector wrote:The ONLY thing I would ask/recommend is that should you get a star who charges for free, not post it on the board. If that star immediatly gets a stack of mail with no money it ruins it.
Yes, I agree with this. I've had celebs do some wonderful things for me, but won't post about it so that others won't flood them with mail.
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
Valo03
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Valo03 »

I'm not one to complain about a free autograph! But sometimes some celebs deserve the money. Especially those that give money to charity or are so iconic in one role that it is impossible for them to get more work so make a living from autographs. In those cases, personally, I won't even bother asking for a freebie and just buy. That might just be me though!