Keith Richards signed books - autopen or authentic?

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
Justin
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Keith Richards signed books - autopen or authentic?

Post by Justin »

Hopefully some skillful eyes can provide their insight on this one.

Keith Richards signed 50 copies of his new book, Life, and offered them on his website a few weeks ago. Some fans have received their books and there is a growing concern that the signatures are done by autopen. This concern extends to the hundreds of books that were also made available in both the NY and London book signings Keith participated in last week. A portion of the books available at these signings were "pre-signed."

Your two cents would be most appreciated!

RobertaRight
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Keith Richards signed books - autopen or authentic?

Post by RobertaRight »

Ok, I am not an expert, but this does not look like an autopen signature to me and I do believe it is the real deal.

I never got a TTM success from Keef, and I do not think he would get an autopen machine now for the purpose of signing books only, but.. ! I of course may be wrong! Who knows what celebrities are thinking 8)

Anway, I`d think it is indeed genuine signature, even though the dots are suspicious.
"Life is just a series of dammits." (Alan Rickman)
irsauers
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by irsauers »

That does not look like autopen to me either
tansk1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tansk1 »

"Pre-signed" does not necessarily mean pre-printed. It just means he signed them on the plane ride over to the book signing instead of at the table. A lot of popular authors do this to alleviate congestion at the actual signing.

The signature looks genuine. {up}
Stevef66
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Stevef66 »

Hi. I'm new to the forum but after an Internet search of Keith Richards Life and Autopen came across this thread. I was lucky enough to meet Keith at Waterstones in London and so I know that the copy signed on that day is real. I was also lucky enough to win a ballot in which I was able to buy 1 of 100 signed and numbered copies in a slipcased edition. However, as soon as I saw this signature I thought it bore the hallmarks of an Autopen signature and having compared this with others on eBay, many appear almost identical to the extent that I am now resigned to the fact that my pre-signed copy is an Autopen. :-(