Should you bother someone when they are with their kids

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Heyheyyou
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Should you bother someone when they are with their kids

Post by Heyheyyou »

Alot of times I will be waiting at various venues and I see different celebs walking in with their kids. My question is should you bother them?? Or is that a big no-no because that is their time.
HappinessStan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Should you bother someone when they are with their kids

Post by HappinessStan »

Entirely dependent on their body language, I would say.
onewild&crazyguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by onewild&crazyguy »

I have a personal rule about me not bothering any celebrity while they are with their family. That being said I have also found a way to follow my own rule and still (usually) get the autograph. If I am at the venue (usually super early to meet any crowd there may be later) I and I see a celeb walking up with their family I situate the pictures in my hand so that as the celeb walks by they see their face on the pic and the sharpie in my hand (make it obvious Im there to get their auto) but I say nothing just usually nod hello. I'd say 90% of the time the celeb will actually come back out after a few minutes and thank me for not bothering them in front of their families some well twice theyve been so impressed that I didnt bother them then that I got free tickets to the concert. Granted it wasnt a big venue or huge celeb either time but a free tickets a free ticket. A few times the celebs kid has been like dad look hes got a picture of you and theyll walk over then and sign only about 5% of the time have they just completely blown me off. But thats almost always just one or two people around when I do this I dont think it would work out if you tried it in big crowds.
Heyheyyou
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Heyheyyou »

I wish I had known but my consience was saying no don't bother them and I never got them because they ended up leaving after the show.
rwperkins
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rwperkins »

Bummer you didn't get the autograph, but good for you for following your conscience.

Robert {up}
I do NOT care about your opinion on authenticity, I am in it for the fun and sharing with my sons. Thank You for not posting comments about authenticity on my posts!(Unless I ask)
http://rwpautos.webs.com

My autographs:Alan H. (Bud) Selig,J.F. Quintin,Shawn Burr,B.J. Raji,Steve Young,Rick Bosetti,Mike Chase,Mike Suyderhoud,Fenando Valenzuela,Rickey Henderson,Herb Score, Ron Cey, Kelly Kelly, David Ortiz, Eliza Doolittle, Justin Bieber, Ozzy, Peyton Manning, Bobby Doerr, Amos Otis, Bobby Bonilla, John Travolta, Riley Cooper, Dan LeFevour, Paula Dean, Frank Tanana...

Most wanted: The entire "True Blood" cast, the entire "Big Bang Theory" cast, Pauley Perrette, Dane Cook, Kari Byron, Legolas from LOTR, and Joan Jett.
canadagraphs1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by canadagraphs1 »

I definitely try not to.
It would have to be someone of epic stature for me to purposely ignore that. like someone that I dont think I will ever see again & is of mega-star stature.

That being said, BY ACCIDENT, I have broken that rule of mine twice.
Once with Peter Facinelli. He got out of a car, and I called to him. He turned around & I showed him the item & then he walked over, with 1 of his children in tow & I felt bad.
The other, was more awkward. I saw Jack Black, went for him....then his kid came running up to him & he truly put out that I was asking him with his kid there (on Fathers Day no less), and understandably so...but I didnt know that prior to commiting to asking. He still signed it, but I could feel the annoyance oozing out of him. I apologized, and that only seemed to make it worse somehow.